• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't get it twisted fellas!!!

Wurider05

By no means is Oden or Durant locks to be great players. Like someone else said in another post they are just prospects at this moment. I am reading the posts on here and 90% of you already got them in the next 15 All-star games and the Hall of Fame. I really haven't seen anything from either one of them that suggest they are going to dominate the league. The body of work just isn't there for these guys who two years ago were in high school. As for Oden the post is a man's game and people seem to forget the he stayed in foul trouble in college. As for Durant he was the best player on a so-so college team who had the green light from the coach to shoot. I am not saying the these guys re going to be busts but the possibility is there because there is no such thing as a sure bet. I said it once and I will say it again I got a real bad feeling about Durant. I just see Glenn Robinson in him.

the beauty and problem with the nba draft. as hoop fans we all love to get caught up in the hype. we quickly assume a player, based on potential is going to be better than accomplished nba players. kwame, tyson chandler and eddie curry come to mind as can't miss prospects! hmmm they all turned out stellar eh? kwame - bust, chandler - above avg shot blocker, rebounder but fouls too easily and has no offensive game.., eddie - lazy, complacent, no heart, a 7 foot 300 lb center should get more than 5, 6 rebounds a game! i really do belive oden and durant will be good players but let's wait a minute before crowning them as the greatest players to ever come into the draft... the list goes on and on "can't miss" prospects who ended up being out of the league withing 5 years.

list of #2 overalls.

1999- steve francis

2000- stromile swift

2001- tyson chandler

2002- jay williams

2003- darko milicic

2004- emaka okafor

2005- marvin williams

2006- lamarcus aldridge

Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler, and Eddy Curry listed as a Can't Miss? Give me a break. Those guys were never listed as such.

Oden and Durant are true Can't Miss prospects in the spirit of LeBron and Carmelo. The chances of them being good NBA basketball players is over 95% and the chances of them being excellent NBA basketball players is over 75%.

• Moderators

I saw a pre-lottery article saying that the gm who got the #3 pick would probably jump off a bridge because of the near miss on Oden and Durant. That's us. We are happy to have a pick at all but its a crap shoot at #3. 1 and 2 its not.

Quote:

I saw a pre-lottery article saying that the gm who got the #3 pick would probably jump off a bridge because of the near miss on Oden and Durant. That's us. We are happy to have a pick at all but its a crap shoot at #3. 1 and 2 its not.

And I think it said every GM EXCEPT THE HAWKS, who should be appreciative just because they have a pick.

But apparently some of us must have forgotten about that other scenario where we could have had jack squat.

So as much as people are saying that BK is going to ruin our team with this draft pick, they need to realize whoever it is, it's better than nothing.

And chances are whoever we get at #3 will be an upgrade over something. Actually it's pretty much guaranteed.