• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Time Irony ?

coachx

A few years back BK traded Reef for the # 3 pick and drafted Gasol for Memphis.

What if BK now trades the #3 pick again and gets Gasol back ?

Use #11 on Law or Critt.

Many like O'Niel more than Gasol. Gasol gets an unfair bum wrap from some. Here is why he is undeserving of that and why I like him for the Hawks:

1. Many say Gasol bombs in the playoffs b/c Memphis never got out of the 1st round.

Gasol lead Memphis to the playoffs 3 or 4 years in a row before he broke his foot last year. He is not chronically injured like O'Niel, just a one time injury(broken foot).

Gasol never got out of the 1st round of the playoffs b/c his supporting cast was weak. Never has Gasol been paired with an all star. His supporting cast has been the likes of:

Lo Wright - starting Center

Eddie Jones - the 33 - 35 year old version

Bonzi Wells

Mike Miller

Stromile Swift

Bobby Jackson - the 32 year old version

Damon Stoudamire - the 32 year old version

None of Gasol's teamates were adequate to being a 2nd options on a playoff team at the time they were with the Grizz. Wells come the closest but is no where near the level of a Joe Johnson.

On the other hand O'Niel had the oppurtunity to make playoff runs with likes of:

Reggie Miller - greatest clutch shooter of all time ?

Brad Miller in his prime

Ron Artest

Al Harrington

Tinsley (better then Ja-Will and over the hill versions of Stoudamire and Bobby Jackson)

Had Gasol been in O'Niel's place the Pacers would have done just as well

If Atlanta could swing #3 and fillers for Gasol:

#11 (Law / Critt)

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Gasol

JJ and Smmove would be the most talented teamates Gasol has every played with. We could compete with anyone in the east next year ! Especially after Detroit gets another year of age on them !

You never have to worry about legal trouble with Gasol, unlike Randolph.

The East is wide open next year !!! Shaq could be done and Detroit will a at least one step slower.

I know Gasol is a good shot blocker...But he seems kinda soft on the man to man defense against other C's when I've watched him.

Personally, I would prefer Jermaine O'Neal, but that injury history really does bother me.

I am definitely on the PTL trade bandwagon...#3 + Chillz for Lamarcus and Jack.

Take a SG/SF at 11 to back up both JJ and Marvin.

Bingo!

I'd be happy with either Gasol or O'Neal, especially if we could keep the 11 pick and take Critt. That would be an ideal scenario for me...although I am starting to like Connelly a lot too.

I read somewhere that Connelly measured out at 6'1 with a 6'7 wingspan and a 39" vertical leap off of 3 steps, with huge hands. If that's true, and he's as quick and savvy as advertised, he could end up being a very good player.

But you just don't get a lot of chances at a big man like Gasol or O'Neal. I think O'Neal would do more to fix our interior defense and rebounding problems, but Gasol may be a more effective interior scorer. In other words, we could use either guy.

• Premium Member

AJ, Lo, #3 for Gasol.

just like

BK, Lo, #3 for Shareef, #27.

Irony...

The thing is that I don't know if Gasol can handle C. I would definitely play him there.

I wouldn't have a problem with getting Gasol like that. However, I would hate to see Yi flourish and Gasol not. It would be Shareef all over again.

Quote:

I wouldn't have a problem with getting Gasol like that. However, I would hate to see Yi flourish and Gasol not. It would be Shareef all over again.

+

Gasol is a proven player though. Yi is one of those unknown commodities. He might be the next Dirk or he might be the next flop. You never know. If the choice was between Gasol or Yi, I'm afraid I'd have to go with Gasol despite the age difference (of course many people think Yi is actually older than advertised). This team can't afford to "take chances" on players who might develop into someone useful. If we could get Gasol for the #3 pick and even another player, I'd do it in a heartbeat of course depending on who the other player is. If it's an even swap, then definitely do it, but I think we'd have to include someone else to make the salaries work under the CBA. Gasol wants to play for a playoff team, and I definitely think we'd have that here if we got him. Use the #11 pick to draft the best PG left on the board at that time.

Who do we like more- Marvin or Yi?

The best trade i have seen on this board for us is

#3/Marv/Lo/Speedy for #4/Gasol.

Enabling us to draft Yi at 4 and Critt at 11...this does of course depend on if Memphis wants Conley, and i would think they do seeing as aging Stoudamire is their PG. Rudy Gay is their SF so why would they want Yi? So we could have:

Critt/AJ/lue

JJ/salim

Yi/Chill

Smith/Shelden

Gasol/Jones

OR if we just want #3/contracts for Gasol....

Critt/AJ/lue

JJ/salim

Marv/Chill

Smith/Shelden

Gasol/Jones

i think the first is a more exciting team

What would you guys prefer?