• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And yet people want to add ANOTHER forward to make the glut even worse.

Taking Yi, Wright, [insert SF/PF here] would be beyond stupid and solve none of our problems.

Taking Marvin was stupid. Taking Shelden at #5 was stupid. Sticking your head in the ground, and not trying to make up for those mistakes is stupid. I would much rather have a Yi/Law combo over Conley/Hawes.

i agree,but i would love to get a true,Center,but i think that's the route we will go anyway.

I agree with you. Shelden Williams lead all rookies in rebounding and in double doubles on the season, so he is hardly a bust pick as some try to insinuate. Shelden is also a very good positional defender that can block some shots.

I also think Shelden's last 8 games are a good indication of what he will do when healthy and playing consistent minutes. When he becomes a starter, he will average a double double.

I think Shelden's shoulder bothered him a lot more than he let on and more than fans think. I still think Shelden will become a Buck Williams type of player in the NBA. He won't be a star, but he will be a solid starting player on a championship team.

Also, as to Brandon Roy and Randy Foye, betweeen the two, Foye made more sense. However, Brandon Roy would not have played much for the Hawks because Joe Johnson is at his position. Roy would have gotten starters minutes only when Joe went down for the season with that calf injury.

I liked Randy Foye because he defends, but if people want to think that he's the point guard this team needed long term, they are whistling dixie. Foye played his best when he came off the bench and acted as the source of scoring for the bench. He struggled when they played him at the point position throughout the season. That's why the Timberwolves are one of the teams that will strongly consider taking Mike Conley Jr. They need a real point guard as bad as the Hawks do.

• 6 months later...