• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK: " I Prefer Big PGs"

Diesel

• Premium Member

As long as BK is GM, I think that there are certain rules that HS should abide by in terms of guessing BK out. One of those rules is Long, Versatile players. The other is Big Pgs. We passed over Foye last year and Paul the year before, probably because BK likes Big PGs.

So let's look at this years possibilities for the Hawks:

1. COnley Jr = No.

2. Law = Possible at 11.

3. Critt = Possible at 11.

How about trades:

1. Jarrett Jack = Tops my list. Not becuase he's big but becuase BK tried to scramble to get him a couple of years ago.

2. Steven Blake = I would say that this guy is a perfect fit.

3. Andre Miller = He's going on 30 but after watching him with Philly this year, if they have an offer, I think we should be all ears.

4. Mike Bibby = I don't know. I think he'd be a good running Pg or a good halfcourt guy, it's just price and length.. I don't think he can sign with us under our terms.

5. Luke Ridnour - This guy should be easy to get.

6. Jason Kidd = The best in the business, but Price is a definite problem.

7. Jason Williams = He's on the last year of his deal and Miami is looking to move him for a more serviceable PG. Probably not us, but BK did trade for him once.

8. Monte Ellis = The gods have spoken and they said " GS can't afford him". GS may look to move him.. my question: Is he a PG.

9. JT. Yep, you read it right. JT. Dallas is looking to move him to make room for Devin. I don't think BK has the courage to take JT thus admitting he made a mistake??

10. Jamaal Tinsley. This guy is available everyday, everyhour.

11. Steve Francis. Another guy available everyday, everyhour.

That's something we should take a serious look at considering. We almost have to explore BK's mindset, which is scary to say the least. He has no love for drafting point guards, let alone smaller ones. My preference is getting one of the guys on your list (Miller, Bibby, Jack, or Ellis; just say no to Francis) because of my belief that this team needs to start winning games right now instead of trying to get even younger than they already are. However, a 3rd pick shouldn't be spent on any of them unless we was getting more in return; send some of the 78 forwards we have and/or the 11th pick and see what we can fish out the water.

Trade options = Good.

Trade options with BK in charge = Uh oh.

Quote:

Diesel where did you read that Dallas was looking to move JT. I haven't heard that anywhere.

Ingore him, he just creating propaganda as usual.

• Premium Member

I think two of them were forced.. I don't know what's up with Lue.

But Speedy was the Bridesmaid turned bride when Cassell turned us down.

AJ was actually a good pickup for this situation. He's a steady hand. I don't think AJ is that small either.

Aj is 6'3 200. That's a big PG. Small PGs are usually 6'1 and under... less than 190 lbs.

• Premium Member

I'm not that high on Jack. I think he's better than what we have. I'm just noting that BK supposedly tried to trade for Jack in 2005 after we drafted Marvin. It makes sense because Jack is 6'3" about 200 lbs just like AJ... Just like Deron.

I think the guy that BK wants is above 6'3" and tettering around 190-210. I would not be surprised at all to see Crittedon or Law be our guy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Diesel where did you read that Dallas was looking to move JT. I haven't heard that anywhere.

OK, let's ask the important question... Who are you NBASuperstar??

Clipp here

Quote:

OK, these things are never easy. But sometimes, you have to say the tough things.

Devin Harris or Jason Terry. Take your pick. Somebody has to go.

The quick reaction would be to tell Terry that the Mavericks appreciate his hard work for the last three years, but that he's simply not good enough to play point guard, and he's too short to pair with Harris as the off guard.

If Terry can be packaged with somebody else on the roster to acquire a bigger shooting guard – do Mickael Pietrus, Mike Miller or James Posey do anything for you? – then the Mavericks could afford to have Harris at the point.

Click here too

Quote:

—Jason Terry might have played his last game as the Mavericks' point guard. When the Mavs traded for Terry three seasons ago to replace Steve Nash, they knew they were rolling the dice that the streaky shooting guard could become a precision point guard. While hardly a total failure, that experiment could be reaching its conclusion because Devin Harris' improvement has coach Avery Johnson scrutinizing the future.

"We're going to have to make a hard decision there in terms of: Is he (Harris) going to be the full-time point guard?" Johnson said. "And then what am I going to do with Jet? So, again, I'm willing to look at it. I would love to keep both of those guys on the team and keep them improving day-in and day-out, but again, it's my job to take a hard look at that.

"You definitely need a point guard that can really be the coach on the floor."

So again, Superstar, who R U?? You're some kind of scout right? Some kind of INSIDER right??? Yet you don't know that Terry is on the trading blocks... Yeah.. Right!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, let's ask the important question... Who are you NBASuperstar??

Clipp here

Quote:

OK, these things are never easy. But sometimes, you have to say the tough things.

Devin Harris or Jason Terry. Take your pick. Somebody has to go.

The quick reaction would be to tell Terry that the Mavericks appreciate his hard work for the last three years, but that he's simply not good enough to play point guard, and he's too short to pair with Harris as the off guard.

If Terry can be packaged with somebody else on the roster to acquire a bigger shooting guard – do Mickael Pietrus, Mike Miller or James Posey do anything for you? – then the Mavericks could afford to have Harris at the point.

Click here too

Quote:

—Jason Terry might have played his last game as the Mavericks' point guard. When the Mavs traded for Terry three seasons ago to replace Steve Nash, they knew they were rolling the dice that the streaky shooting guard could become a precision point guard. While hardly a total failure, that experiment could be reaching its conclusion because Devin Harris' improvement has coach Avery Johnson scrutinizing the future.

"We're going to have to make a hard decision there in terms of: Is he (Harris) going to be the full-time point guard?" Johnson said. "And then what am I going to do with Jet? So, again, I'm willing to look at it. I would love to keep both of those guys on the team and keep them improving day-in and day-out, but again, it's my job to take a hard look at that.

"You definitely need a point guard that can really be the coach on the floor."

So again, Superstar, who R U?? You're some kind of scout right? Some kind of INSIDER right??? Yet you don't know that Terry is on the trading blocks... Yeah.. Right!

The main point of the thread is PG's coming to the Hawks, none of those guys you listed wants to come here, the perception around the league is the Hawks suck and you can beat them with your right hand tied around your back, I don't see your point. I think JT is getting traded to Sac for Bibby, just my personal opinion.

The only moves I would think the Hawks should make is trading Josh Smith and Lorenzen Wright for Andrew Bogut, but we have to draft Brandan Wright and Acie Law as well.

The rest is us getting killed or us killing someone which is unrealistic, fair but unfair trades is what I call them. Trades that make us better but seems even around the point of the trade.

• Premium Member

The point at which you came into the conversation was to answer a question about JT being up for trade or not for which you stated something about Diesel just making stuff up because you haven't heard about it... or something like that.

The rule is.. IF you don't know... STFU... and if you don't know certainly don't intrude on people who do...

Now, we can talk about the purpose of the thread.

Quote:

The point at which you came into the conversation was to answer a question about JT being up for trade or not for which you stated something about Diesel just making stuff up because you haven't heard about it... or something like that.

The rule is.. IF you don't know...
STFU.
.. and if you don't know certainly don't intrude on people who do...

Now, we can talk about the purpose of the thread.

huh... confused.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Josh Smith and Lorenzen Wright for Andrew Bogut

If you want to trade Smith that's fine, and if you think we don't need him that's fine too. But if you are going to trade him, at LEAST get fair value, Josh has a very high value around the league and we could get MUCH more than Bogut.

Milwaukee fans criticize Bogut a LOT for his lack of defense and him being soft. He's not much better than Zaza, and certainly not worth giving up Smith for.

I know the BK's "Big PG" preference has been alleged here for years but there is no real proof of this belief. Consider the signings of Craig Claxton and drafting of Salim (though not a true point). The truth may be that BK has no real conception of the point guard he wants. Hence these strange draft picks the past few years. I would be stunned if BK selects Conley with the 3rd pick even if that selection was warranted.

• Premium Member

I think that's only part true.

I think that he wants a big PG... let's look at his picks again:

1. Diaw. Brought here to compliment JT.

2. Ivey. 6'4"

3. AJ. 6'3"

I agree that Claxton is an outlying point, but I think there was a lot of pressure to get ANY PG last offseason and after Cassell (6'3"), I think that Speedy was the only choice.

I suspect that the PG we will be looking at will be 6'3 or better.

Quote:

Quote:

Josh Smith and Lorenzen Wright for Andrew Bogut

If you want to trade Smith that's fine, and if you think we don't need him that's fine too. But if you are going to trade him, at LEAST get fair value, Josh has a very high value around the league and we could get MUCH more than Bogut.

Milwaukee fans criticize Bogut a LOT for his lack of defense and him being soft. He's not much better than Zaza, and certainly not worth giving up Smith for.

At least your not making childish disses, well it your opinion that Smith value is much higher then Bogut, It's near the same to be honest. He doesn't fit in Milwaukee, with that he was the #1 pick with a team who need PG's currently. And saying he not much better then Zaza is clearly a joke, he was miles ahead of Zaza, Zaza couldn't touch Gads shoes and Bogut is better and gets more PT. Don't be blind. Have you ever watched the Bucks plays outside of when they play the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

it your opinion that Smith value is much higher then Bogut, It's near the same to be honest.

And it's your opinion that they are the same. With the season Smith had last year, his value is enormous. Whether or not you agree with that is irrelevant, I'm saying we could get much more than the soft Bogut.

Quote:

he was the #1 pick with a team who need PG's currently.

A players draft position has no bearing on their trade value. Ask Kandiman or Kwame. Bogut is certainly better than them, I was just using an example.

Quote:

Don't be blind. Have you ever watched the Bucks plays outside of when they play the Hawks.

Yes. I have also read Buck's fans comments on him who constantly criticize him for being soft and a horrible defender.

Quote:

Quote:

it your opinion that Smith value is much higher then Bogut, It's near the same to be honest.

And it's your opinion that they are the same. With the season Smith had last year, his value is enormous. Whether or not you agree with that is irrelevant, I'm saying we could get much more than the soft Bogut.

Quote:

he was the #1 pick with a team who need PG's currently.

A players draft position has no bearing on their trade value. Ask Kandiman or Kwame. Bogut is certainly better than them, I was just using an example.

Quote:

Don't be blind. Have you ever watched the Bucks plays outside of when they play the Hawks.

Yes. I have also read Buck's fans comments on him who constantly criticize him for being soft and a horrible defender.

You think Josh had this amazing year, but when I watch him he didn't, and his stock in the league isn't high, I heard from some sources.

The book has been written on Kandi and Kwame, your reaching to the sky.

Hawks fans think Marvin sucks, and that's not true, he was a bad pick but doesn't suck. And he is soft and is a horrible defender but has other strengths though. Zaza has none really.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You think Josh had this amazing year, but when I watch him he didn't,

Like I already said, whether you think it was stat-padding or not, his value is extremely high after last season.

Quote:

I heard from some sources.

And who are these mystery sources? Your dad?

Quote:

The book has been written on Kandi and Kwame, your reaching to the sky.

I said Bogut was better than them genius, I was merely making a point that where a player was drafted has no bearing on his actual value in the league.

Quote:

Hawks fans think Marvin sucks, and that's not true, he was a bad pick but doesn't suck.

I don't think he sucks, but he's certainly not "good" at this point in his career.