• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are the chances that we SnT for Billups?

Admin

First off, what are the chances that Billups is done in Detroit? If they win the championship (doubtful that they can beat the Spurs or Jazz IMO) how will that affect his/teams decision for him to be there next year?

If he is a goner, I would have to think that he would be our first choice for PG this offseason. I realize that we can't trade our pick(s) for Billups since he will be a FA but it's entirely possible that we could draft someone for the Pistons will an agreement in place to trade that player(s) to Detroit for Billups once a SnT can happen.

Some reasons why we could be going after Billups

- we are going for need this offseason

- we could offer a young replacement like Conley

- BK loves big PGs

- Woody has a history with Billups

- we desperately need a veteran PG with skills

Quote:

First off, what are the chances that Billups is done in Detroit? If they win the championship (doubtful that they can beat the Spurs or Jazz IMO) how will that affect his/teams decision for him to be there next year?

If he is a goner, I would have to think that he would be our first choice for PG this offseason. I realize that we can't trade our pick(s) for Billups since he will be a FA but it's entirely possible that we could draft someone for the Pistons will an agreement in place to trade that player(s) to Detroit for Billups once a SnT can happen.

- BK loves big PGs

Billups would be a great addition... But I don't know about the 3rd pick. Billups probably has 2 prime seasons left in him. Maybe the 11th pick packaged with another player?

Quote:

- BK loves big PGs

You didn't give any reasons why Billups with sign with the

Hawks.

I don't think there are any. ashamed.gif

I think that Billups is one of those kinds of people (like JJ) that welcome the challenge of making a team better. I think that is what sets him apart from most of the other PGs in the league. I also seem to remember him having a good relationship with Woody, though I could be mistaken on that.