• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS WANT ROY OR LEMARCUS FOR #3

NJHAWK

The Oregonian reports the Hawks wont listen to any offers from Portland for pick #3 unless the deal includes either Brandon Roy or Lemarcus Aldridge. I agree 100% with BK on this. If they dont give us what we want then NO DEAL.

Aren't these the two players that BK hinted at that 'people don't see the injury reports that I see'. Why would he give up a #3 now for those players in a much deeper draft? I'm going to have to go back and see what this Lamarcus fuss is all about. Roy is a very nice player but he does duplicate a position just like Wright, Brewer, Young, Yi, would do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Oregonian reports the Hawks wont listen to any offers from Portland for pick #3 unless the deal includes either Brandon Roy or Lemarcus Aldridge. I agree 100% with BK on this. If they dont give us what we want then NO DEAL.

Why would BK want Roy? Does he plan on trading Joe Johnson? Isn't Aldridge a power forward? He could just draft another power forward without a history of injuries if he wants a power forward! Strange

If we are going to trade with them I can't really see anybody else we should want. They want Mike and we may want Mike. So they will have to do something to stop us from taking him. I wanted Aldridge pre lottery last yr. On the plus side for some other people if he is willing to take Roy it could me he would be willing to take Critt(the big guard) if his doesn't work out.

On a side not, I've never watched Critt but from what I've read about him here and other places at why can't he become a Wade/Kobe shooting guard with point guard skills. He's 6'5.

Quote:

Quote:

Why would BK want Roy? Does he plan on trading Joe Johnson? Isn't Aldridge a power forward? He could just draft another power forward without a history of injuries if he wants a power forward! Strange

Well, getting Jack is the plum when the object is Roy or Aldridge.

JJ can play three positions offensively two defensively. Roy and JJ can coexist on the court without a problem. But I agree with said, BK want get Roy but really wants Aldridge.

Quote:

Quote:

agree about Roy...

but Aldridge isnt far from a center. i mean if you wanted to pick the perfect position, sure PF is it. But he's very close to a center and can play it fine I think. more so than Yi, Wright, or Shelden. And there won't be many centers in the league who can take him to task. If Amare can play center, so can Aldridge.

Quote:

If we are going to trade with them I can't really see anybody else we should want. They want Mike and we may want Mike. So they will have to do something to stop us from taking him. I wanted Aldridge pre lottery last yr. On the plus side for some other people if he is willing to take Roy it could me he would be willing to take Critt(the big guard) if his doesn't work out.

On a side not, I've never watched Critt but from what I've read about him here and other places at why can't he become a Wade/Kobe shooting guard with point guard skills. He's 6'5.

Javaris is a PG. Wade nor Kobe can handle the rock or pass as well as Javaris. It is not for him to be like them he Is a PG that Can score.

Quote:

I agree about Roy...

but Aldridge isnt far from a center. i mean if you wanted to pick the perfect position, sure PF is it. But he's very close to a center and can play it fine I think. more so than Yi, Wright, or Shelden. And there won't be many centers in the league who can take him to task. If Amare can play center, so can Aldridge.

I believe Aldridge could be more like Rasheed with his soft shoot and a will to rebound and defend the rim.

Quote:

Quote:

Brandon Roy can play point guard, there would be no reason to trade Joe.

Aldridge is a 6-11 F/C, A good rebounder and shotblocker.

• Premium Member

Quote:

JJ can play three positions offensively two defensively. Roy and JJ can coexist on the court without a problem. But I agree with said, BK want get Roy but really wants Aldridge.

Giving up the 3rd pick in the draft for a 2 guard not name MJ doesn't help this team at all. Would be a worthless move period!

You gotta start the negotiations at a high price. No one is ever going to accept the first offer you throw at them so you have to ask for more than they're willing to give up. I believe BK knows he's not going to get Roy and just wants Aldridge. But if he let Portland know that he just wants Aldridge, they would probably counter offer something lower in value. Its just the way the game has to be played, and I'm glad Billy is bringing his best poker face to the negotiating table. If they really want Conley so bad, make them pay! Say Roy or Aldridge HAVE to be included if they just want to start talking to us about getting our third pick, and then hopefully we can walk away with Aldridge + Jack.

I still prefer a deal for Gasol or Jermaine O'Neal though. Gasol over O'Neal because of his injury history. Like its being said on this board, I feel like we're at a point now that we need to stop acquiring "potential" and instead we need to use our current assets to get stars or proven players that can get us to the playoffs next year.

If we don't trade our picks, I would like to take Yi at 3 and Conley/Law/Crittenton at 11.

Quote:

If this is true, that restores faith I have in BK.

That means no Isiah Rider version 2.0 for us!

I disagree, either will help the Hawks much, but it won't help the Blazers either, lose-lose sitution.

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree, either will help the Hawks much, but it won't help the Blazers either, lose-lose sitution.

So you would rather us trade for Zach Randolph??????

Im saying hats off to BK for not wanting that guy if he's a cancer who can't play D and the fact that he would cost a fortune.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you would rather us trade for Zach Randolph??????

Im saying hats off to BK for not wanting that guy if he's a cancer who can't play D and the fact that he would cost a fortune.

There is no one outside of Oden that will help the Hawks, they have post defense issues, LaMarcus is a role player, Zach is stat guy but effect the win column isn't going up with him. Jack is a PG who isn't any good in Atlanta, AJ is better and it hard for him in Atlanta lack of movement and a system.

Quote:

There is no one outside of Oden that will help the Hawks, they have post defense issues, LaMarcus is a role player, Zach is stat guy but effect the win column isn't going up with him. Jack is a PG who isn't any good in Atlanta, AJ is better and it hard for him in Atlanta lack of movement and a system.

I disagree. Lamarcus provides post defense, and Jack is a good-sized PG that will help out a lot in matching up defensively.

I almost thought about not responding to this post, because it's absolutely ridiculous to say Greg Oden's the only person that can help out the Hawks.

Quote:

I hope this is true. That would be a sign that Billy isn't a complete idiot. I doubt PTL would part with Roy, but I always thought that Roy+JJ would be a great backcourt even though it doesn't fit the traditional PG/SG mindset.

Aldridge for #3 sounds fair to both sides. We just don't need to take their trash players. What would you think of #3+Shelden for Aldridge+Sergio?