• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If the Raps Took Bargnani Surely we Must Take.....

LastDon

This Yi stuff has started to get out of control as if the youtube clips predicted all upside and no downside. This Yi nonsense has been put on this site but people who have never seen him play. That is freaking amazing.

I have learned that NC and Bus are not to be taken seriously on any issue related to basketball. There has not been one knowledgeable thought by either poster, nothing but drivel based on Chad Ford and Youtube. We have heard by NC how much a help at Center he would be when he has never played the position and has no skills for it. And Bus just gets all worked into a lather about a player he has never watched play. A player that is an exact dupe of 4 other Hawks. I would take Randolph and Jack over the Yi deal.

Yi has not played at a high enough level to even consider at 3. Plus, he is a dupe.

The 3rd pick needs to be converted into a PG. Conley or otherwise.

Thanks to BigDirty for at least presenting a real picture based on watching him play. It sounds like you have a good grasp of his game and the environment that he plays. The Yi hysteria is like a bunch of ignorant old ladies.

Yi hasn't played on high enough a level?

So I guess using that logic Lebron James shouldn't have gone #1 overall.

The CBA sure as hell is better than high school.

And the international tournament may be on par with the NCAA tournament we wouldn't know.

These are GROWN MEN we're talking about.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Im not saying Yi can't play center.

I'm saying he wouldn't even have to.

Why can't Josh not play center?

At first you were saying we should draft Yi, and that he would be able to play center. Since that was shot down, you are now saying he's a 4 and Smith can play center. When Smith isn't successful at the 5, who are you going to put there next? Speedy?

Quote:

You want to talk about dig deep, you're going to have to dig REAL deep to come up with a real argument of how Zaza Pachulia is a better interior defender than Josh Smith.

If you think a Yi/Smith 4/5 combo would be more successful than adding Conley to our team, then you are out of your mind. Our rebounding would be ATROCIOUS with that lineup, and so would our interior D. Josh gets manhandled by a lot of 4's, 5's would absolutely ABUSE him, not to mention they'd get him in foul trouble instantly. You seem to not realize that Yi isn't going to come in and start. Wang ZhiZhi is better than he is at this point in time, as proven by their CBA performances.

Quote:

LeBron could have played anywhere. He just happened to still be in HS. If Lebron had played in China at 16 he would owned the country.

Bus, you just dig deeper holes. Your logic is truly damaged.

Im tossing YOUR logic back at you showing you how stupid it is.

You said Yi hasn't played on a high enough level. Im saying that's absurd considering Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, Lebron James, etc came out of high school which is not a high level.

Quote:

If you think a Yi/Smith 4/5 combo would be more successful than adding Conley to our team, then you are out of your mind. Our rebounding would be ATROCIOUS with that lineup, and so would our interior D. Josh gets manhandled by a lot of 4's, 5's would absolutely ABUSE him, not to mention they'd get him in foul trouble instantly. You seem to not realize that Yi isn't going to come in and start. Wang ZhiZhi is better than he is at this point in time, as proven by their CBA performances.

Im willing to bet that lineup would be better defensively than one with Pachulia.

Funny thing is Bargnani was a #1 pick and Yi is an even better prospect but it would be an outrage around these parts to take Yi.

Then again people didn't like Bargnani last year.

I was on the Bargnani bandwagon and I was called a nut back then.

Well we'll just see how nutty I am when 3 years in Yi Jianlian is making his 3rd all-star appearance but that year he actually deserves it.

• Moderators

Quote:

Funny thing is Bargnani was a #1 pick and Yi is an even better prospect but it would be an outrage around these parts to take Yi.

If you can honestly say that Bargani would be a #1 pick in this draft that means something.

Merely calling him a #1 pick is meaningless, though. Bargnani would not be a top 5 pick in this draft so saying Yi is better does not equate to him being good enough to compel he Hawks to take him at #3, IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

Toronto had a NEED at SF last year. The Hawks DO NOT.

Therein lies the huge difference. Again, Bus, WHAT are you basing your Yi love on? Your instinct? Because you haven't seen him play.

It is obviously the youtube clips and scouting reports we have discussed. I can certainly understand why the idea of an athletic 7 footer is intriguing but it seems to me like some people are ignoring the downside with Yi - which appears considerable, especially if you expect him to play in the post.

Quote:

Honestly how do you know he has never played center texaspete. Are you telling me a 7'0 basketball player has never played in the post or been worked on with his moves. Hard to believe that.

If his stiffest competition he has perfected "those moves" against is the mighty Wang Zhi that is all need to hear here.

Wang Zi was probably the softest centert in the history of the NBA. Did he even last 2 years before getting shipped back to China ?

Quote:

Funny thing is Bargnani was a #1 pick and Yi is an even better prospect

Bargnani is bigger and a better shooter than Yi. Bargs actually has some meat on his bones and can hold position down low.

Show me someone besides you who has Yi rated higher than Bargnani.

*crickets*

Quote:

Actually I'd rather go for Yi than Bargs. Bargs is the better shooter but that's it. Yi seems to have more potential. In other words, I'm REALLY down on Bargs.

I'm not. He is a legit 3 pt shooter with a quick release and he is stronger than i thought. He needs to do a better job on the boards obviously but overall he looked pretty good to me.

Quote:

He was a good top pick, better than taking Marcus Williams at #1 was, they got a potiential superstar and didn't reach for a player who doesn't belong in the top 5...sounds like taking Conley over Yi, or Wright.

I don't remember anyone talking about Marcus at 1, or even 5

(except Hawks fans).

However everyone is talking about Conley as a top 10 pick. You'd be hard pressed to find any mock that didn't have him in the top 10 therefore your analogy is nonsense.