Yi Jianlian

Josh Smith

Mike Conley

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Zaza Pachulia/Spencer Hawes

Personally I'm taking the first team.

Not because of the battle at PG but because of the battle at C. Josh Smith is 100 times better than Zaza or Spencer Hawes.

Why can't you people understand that it's not about Yi vs Conley at #3. It's about Acie Law vs Spencer Hawes.

Acie Law was a player of the yaer candidate. Spencer Hawes is a bum. Acie Law could be a top notch PG in this league. Spencer Hawes is a bum.

If we take Conley it's like we only had one pick.

If we take Yi it's like we have two.

With Yi we could finally have 5 legit players in our starting lineup.

If we take Conley we will still only have 4.

Won't change next year either because down the road the 1st team would be even better than the 2nd because of the development of Yi.

Just think about it

• Premium Member

Team 2 and it's not even close. Team 1 would be one of the worst rebounding teams in the league, and Smith would foul out in the first half. You seem to not realize the value of rebounds.

If Conley is clearly the best PG in the draft and there is no other clear #3 choice for us, we should go with him. Hawes? No thank you. I'd look into a deal involving #11/Zaza/Stoudamire (Chill is necessity) to get a productive big.

Would Lakers do this deal:

Josh Childress

Zaza Pachulia

Salim Stoudamire

for

Andrew Bynum

OR

#11 / Zaza / Salim for Bynum

#11/ Chill / Salim for Bynum

Is there a deal that gets us a veteran big with some good years left without throwing the house at them?

Quote:

So you're basically saying Zaza Pachulia would own Josh Smith in a one on one game?

Yep that's great logic

Also great logic saying someone like Josh Smith couldn't rebound.

All I said is that I agreed with Atlas that team 1 would be terrible at rebounding.

And our defense in the post would be absolutely abysmal.

What does that have to do with a "one on one game"??!?! something.gif

And when did I say Josh Smith "couldn't rebound"?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Would Lakers do this deal:

Josh Childress

Zaza Pachulia

Salim Stoudamire

for

Andrew Bynum

OR

#11 / Zaza / Salim for Bynum

#11/ Chill / Salim for Bynum

Is there a deal that gets us a veteran big with some good years left without throwing the house at them?

In case you didn't realize this, Zaza's numbers are better than Bynums numbers by himself and you want to add Childress and #11??? Curious!

jdu, you don't think a one on one game is the right way to determine your center? What is wrong with you? I say let Josh and Z play one on one...21 by ones...let the winner have the post.

There must be a full moon the last week because this board has degraded from a fun and mostly intelligent place to a place where 6th graders post.

ESPN conspiracies, Yi at Center, One on one games, drafting a project like Wright at PF, being called prejudice against the Chinese, and the hits just keep on coming.

I hope this board gets a little of its basketball IQ back this week.

Quote:

jdu, you don't think a one on one game is the right way to determine your center? What is wrong with you? I say let Josh and Z play one on one...21 by ones...let the winner have the post.

There must be a full moon the last week because this board has degraded from a fun and mostly intelligent place to a place where 6th graders post.

ESPN conspiracies, Yi at Center, One on one games, drafting a project like Wright at PF, being called prejudice against the Chinese, and the hits just keep on coming.

You and I both.

Quote:

Quote of the day. Seriously how do so many uninformed basketball fans all seemingly show up at once?

Quote:

So you're basically saying Zaza Pachulia would own Josh Smith in a one on one game?

Yep that's great logic

I hate evern responding to crap like this.

We don't play one on one games. It is 5 on 5. A center must be able to man up the opposing team's biggest player in the post and box nim out for rebounds. Za ZA is better at that the Smoove.

Sure Smoove would be beat ZA ZA at a street game of 21 but that does not make him a better player at the center position.

Quote:

SUR-vey SAAAYS: ding ding ding

Quote:

Yep that's great logic

If I ever payed any attention to what Busboy said before this post, I can pretty much stop now.

Somehow all this excitement about the draft has caused people to stop thinking before they post.

I would definitely take team #2. They'd still be decent on offense and be much better on defense and rebounding.