• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Taking Marvin over Paul Part 2: The Insanity

TheDude

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Toward the end, Marvin and Shelden were not bad either

Neither was Smith. And if you think Marvin and Shelden were creating their shots then you are delusional.

Who was creating their shots then T.lue? Not!

• Premium Member

LMAO, WTF does FT% or FG% have to do with being able to create your own shot.

I'm done with you, you don't know enough about basketball to make an informed argument. I'm just wasting my time.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm done with you, you don't know enough about basketball to make an informed argument. I'm just wasting my time.

It demonstrates scoring efficiency and that is how the game is won and lost! The object of basketball is to decrease your opponent's scoring efficiency and increasing your own. It doesn't matter how you maintain you efficiency, as long as you do it. It is not a positive to be an inefficient one on one player.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

It demonstrates scoring efficiency and that is how the game is won and lost! The object of basketball is to decrease your opponent's scoring efficiency and increasing your own. It doesn't matter how you maintain you efficiency, as long as you do it. It is not a positive to be an inefficient one on one player.

LMAO OMFG!!!!

Once again.. WTF does FT% or FG% have to do with being able to create your own shot.

You don't even know what you're trying to argue.. I'm seriously laughing at your stupidity right now. You're trying to tell me something that is so basic, yet you don't even realize how wrong you are. It's funny making you guess at what the problem is..

• Premium Member

Quote:

You don't even know what you're trying to argue.. I'm seriously laughing at your stupidity right now. You're trying to tell me something that is so basic, yet you don't even realize how wrong you are. It's funny making you guess at what the problem is..

Because I don't understand why you think that marvin, Childress or Zaza can't create their own shot! They do it all of the time especially Zaza. Zaza get the ball in the post and beats his man. That is the majority of his offense. Whereas Josh Smith gets a lot of his point from alley oops and passes out of the double team especially all of those 3 pt attempts he took.

Quote:

WTF does FT% or FG% have to do with being able to create your own shot

You really do not get this, do you? If our players are not creating their own shots at a very high level % wise, exactly who is this damn all-star pg, we have never seen, who is feeding them with all these easy dunks and layups?

Now do you understand? You argue that Smooves poor percentage is due to a lack of a true pg; yet claim our other players do not create their own shots. Please explain how a team without a good PG does not have to create their own shots?

You really do need to learn how to stay quiet while you are still just a little behind...

Guest Walter

Quote:

People on here whined in the past about Billy consistently drafting SF/PF's and now
THEY WANT ANOTHER ONE?!?!

uglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gif

We need to upgrade PG and C...That needs to be our only areas of focus this offseason.

...the most talented player.

He's gotten the least talented of the 3 conceivable lottery picks at our draft position each and every time. At least at the time Childress played a position we could use. Even SW played a position of need MORE THAN he was the more talented prospect (not saying anything about his playing a position of need given he was by far the least talented prospect out of Roy/Foye). If MW wasn't such a dissappointment or Paul/Deron so great I would have admitted I was wrong and applauded the pick despite his not selecting for a position of need. IT'S ALL ABOUT BK NOT GETTING TALENT! Sometimes he was going after the proverbial "BPA" (MW), sometimes he wasn't (SW), sometimes who the hell knows what he was doing (JC), but HE GOT THE WORST TALENT CONCEIVABLE!

Yes, he did so without filling the important, hard to fill positions year after year, but would that be a real problem if we had Deng and Roy? Hell no. Their trade value is through the sky assuming we wouldn't keep both of them and already have enough talent to contend with.

We need talent. Not because we don't need positions filled but because BK is so incompetent that even when he says we needed talent and that's why he picked a certain way, he screws it up. I wish it weren't so. I wish we had all the talent we need but we're not even close. I wish the draft had a center prospect and Pg prospect at each draft position that retained pick value and were perfect for us. It doesn't. We have to get over ourselves and the nature of this draft or else we'll be compounding mistakes rather than rectifying them.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

You really do not get this, do you? If our players are not creating their own shots at a very high level % wise, exactly who is this damn all-star pg, we have never seen, who is feeding them with all these easy dunks and layups?

Actually I was baiting Peoriabird because I knew he wouldn't understand. I said that Smith was FORCED into being the 2nd option because noone else on our team could create their own shot, and we didn't have a PG to get them shots. Josh Smith (at this point in his career) is not and should not be a 2nd option, but he was FORCED to be on this team. Because of this, Smith shot 43% even though he created his shot WAY more than Childress, Marvin, Shelden, Zaza, etc. My point was that if we gave Childress, Marvin, Shelden, Zaza the ball more often they wouldn't have been able to handle the load being the 2nd option, and their percentages would have declined even further.

Quote:

Now do you understand? You argue that Smooves poor percentage is due to a lack of a true pg; yet claim our other players do not create their own shots.

Exactly, because the other players CAN'T create their own shots. Smith was FORCED to be the 2nd option, thus he had to look for his shot more often than he normally would've. Had we forced Marvin or Childress to create their own shots and be the 2nd option, their percentages would've declined also. Not only that, Shelden only shot 45% and Marvin 43%.

Quote:

Please explain how a team without a good PG does not have to create their own shots?

I think you've just completely misunderstood my post, maybe I wasn't clear. I was simply setting up Peoriabird so I could kill his argument.

Quote:

For the love of god people, stop talking about picking best available player or best talent at #3. When we picked Marvin over Paul, in my opinion we were still in the talent gathering stage of our team and didnt necessarily NEED to fill a position of need. Yet we still get continually bashed for it by media, fans, and announcers.

Yet oddly, this year when our team is closer to needing to fill positions of need rather than BPA talent/potential, we have fans actually wanting a part 2 of that scenario which would totaly be a disaster.

I can understand not wanting to take Conley at 3. I can understand thinking we can get a good player at 3 and still getting a point at 11. But whether it be through trade or just using the picks, BOTH PICKS MUST BE USED TO FILL OUT OUR NEEDS. We are a cusp of playoff team now and areas of weakness need to be addressed. Yes i understand that Conley or a drafted center may not come in and make an immediate contribution, but they will be better by the end of the season and if we don't get those needs filled now, then when? Next year? The year after that?

And it has been said a million times but yet not addressed by those of differing opinions. If we draft another godforbid forward, where in the hell are they going to get minutes?

The only reason we draft a forward is to IMMEDIATELY trade him for veteran point or center.

Williams was only the bpa in the minds of the media and in terms of potienial, Whight is the best bpa in terms of both, he the only impact player still in this draft after Oden Durant are selected.