• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks fans, Brace for the truth!!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

The truth is that Josh Smith might be trade bait?!!

I love JSmoove, but I have been hearing rumors hear and there about JSmoove and his disruption in the lockerroom. JSmoove and not being happy with this team. JSmoove and maybe not resigning with the Hawks.

BK never intended on JSmoove being a integral part of the offense, otherwise he would have not picked Marvin.

Jsmoove makes a strong trading piece. Maybe with the 11th pick, we could get some star quality.

Question if the deal was #11, Smoove for Bogut, #6 would you do it?

We don't know what goes on in the locker room and a 'lot of other stuff. We have a need. The question is, "How do we

fill that need?"

I wouldn't be shocked with a trade like that. Someone

will probably have to go before we have a complete team,

I.E. good players for every position.

Diesel, Josh Smith is at worst immature, at best maturing. All kids have moments of rebellion, they think they know it all but they know they don't (inner-conflict). Josh is a great teammate on the court, an intregal piece which cannot be replaced easily. I doubt he will be offered at all.

Marvin on the other-hand has vast upward potential and will be offered. judge.gif

Diesel, Josh Smith is at worst immature, at best maturing. All kids have moments of rebellion, they think they know it all but they know they don't (inner-conflict). Josh is a great teammate on the court, an integral piece which cannot be replaced easily. I doubt he will be offered at all.

Marvin on the other-hand has vast upward potential and will be offered. judge.gif

"Question if the deal was #11, Smoove for Bogut, #6 would you do it?"

Of course. Trading a #11 and #17 pick for a #1 and #6 - no brainer. Of course we'd get laughed at for even suggesting it. But everyone is fair game now - except JJ. Just because Smoove is a hometown guy doesn't mean he is untouchable.

But that trade is way too one-sided. They'd probably want the #3 and possibly Marvin.

I think Josh has been a little misunderstood since the Philly incident.

Now yes, cursing at Woody was the WRONG thing do.

But let's not forget that the hawks had just

lost a "17 point " lead.So i was cursing Woody out myself, while watch another hugh blown lead.So you know everyone's emotions were on edge at that point.I think Josh is a good kid, he just lost his cool.

I haven't heard anything about a locker room conflict.

But I so think that Josh and Aj may have a problem

with each other.

If you watch closely ,AJ hardly ever passes the Ball to Josh

when were in halfcourt offense.

Even if Josh is clapping his hands and calling for the ball, Aj will just look at him, the pass the ball to the other side of the court.

Really, Im not joking.I notice little things like that.

If you watch the playoffs you will see that Eric Snow does the same thing to Larry Hughes...

But, Hughes has been alful so i ,cant really say i blame Snow grin.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

"Question if the deal was #11, Smoove for Bogut, #6 would you do it?"

Of course. Trading a #11 and #17 pick for a #1 and #6 - no brainer. Of course we'd get laughed at for even suggesting it.

I don't think that is a very useful way of looking at it, though.

I'll trade you a #1 pick and a #13 pick for a #35 pick and a #38 pick...Boston's Olowokandi and Telfair for Utah's Boozer and Okur.

Draft position is not relevant other than for salary purposes for player's on their rookie contract after a guy has already been drafted.

At this point, Josh Smith and a #11 in this draft for Bogut and the #6 in this draft might not be accepted by either side but it wouldn't be laughed at either because they aren't that far apart.

To the dismay of many Hawks fans, I too have been hearing that Josh Smith is the guy the Hawks may be dangling in an attempt to bring either a veteran point guard or an interior presence into the mix.

• Premium Member

Me too. I would love to see the article where you have "heard" we are dangling Smith, KB21. I've heard a few people mention it, but noone has provided any evidence.

If we dealt Smith for a random "vet PG", I would stab Billy Knight.

If he doesn't get something remarkable for Smith I'm done. I have not read one thing anywhere and I look at NBA stuff every day. I have always though KB21 was related somehow to BK because nobody else defends every move BK makes.

I know Diesel doesn't know anything about it. I just hope the forward we trade isn't Smith.

Marvin can go and certainly Chill but if they trade a 21 year old who is just starting to bust out that is unforgiveable.

If Smith is traded, it will probably be because of what management perceives his value on the open market vs. his value to the Hawks. His minutes last season stayed consistant, so I don't think there is a problem with the coach. With his draft contract, Smoove is a great value. With a near max contract, I think he could possibly be a "bad contract" player.

Where is the proof? Talk mean's nothing. I want to hear this out of the HAWKS mouth..

Let's put it this way, I love Joe and he's no doubt the best player on this team. But Smoove sells tickets and not only that. He has not even reached his full potential yet... If we trade Smoove we better be getting a super-star back....Or trust me BK will be finished. If we dont make the playoffs and the team Smoove traded to does, all hell would break loose... But BK is'nt that dumb to trade him away anyway...