• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In Hindsight..

Wurider05

should we have given up 2nd round pick for AJ. This is a very deep draft and we probably would have been smarter to keep our 2nd round pick and get a project big man.Our 2nd round picks of Ivey, Salim, and Solomon have been decent picks for the most part.

• Premium Member

I don't think so.

AJ has a lot more value for trades.

We have enough projects in Batista, Solomon, and even Salim.. AJ was a steady hand for our offense... But as trade fodder, he's very attractive because he's an ending contract.

If BK can use that to lure some team to give us a superstar like talent, (Executive of the Year).

Quote:

It was a horrible trade from the get-go.

Let's do some deep thinking.

Step 1: Without AJ we would have lost a few more close games.

Step 2: We would have the balls that the Bucks had.

Step 3: We would have the 6th pick.

Step 4: Suns would have that pick.

Step 5: Hawksquawk would have saved some internet bandwidth.

Another note:

Selim/Ivey are unlikely to ever be as good as AJ. AJ still has enough trade value.

Quote:

We were like 8-23 with AJ, I DOUBT we would've won much less had we not acquired him.

He won us a couple of games with some clutch shooting. We went 8-23 because just about everybody else were injured at the end of the season. Without AJ we would have lost a few more of those wins.

We could have picked up a pretty decent center with that 2nd round pick such as aaron gray or kyle visser. Not the most athletic guys but great rebounders and play decent defense. Aaron brooks, taurean green could have been some young point guars possibly to get some minutes.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Without AJ we would have lost a few more of those wins.

You are using hindsight to suggest it was a good trade. It was not. We had no idea that Mil. would slide to the 6th spot, it's all luck. I would still had rather not made the trade, because I'm not convinced he helped us win any games. Surely he helped in some, but he also helped us lose some with some of his horrible games.

LOL he was a 41% shooter, and only averaged 7 ppg with 4.5 assists, yet he helped us win those few extra games. How about he also LOST us some games in the process.

Quote:

Quote:

Without AJ we would have lost a few more of those wins.

You are using hindsight to suggest it was a good trade. It was not. We had no idea that Mil. would slide to the 6th spot, it's all luck. I would still had rather not made the trade, because I'm not convinced he helped us win any games. Surely he helped in some, but he also helped us lose some with some of his horrible games.

LOL he was a 41% shooter, and only averaged 7 ppg with 4.5 assists, yet he helped us win those few extra games. How about he also LOST us some games in the process.

I think you don't remember the last 2 months of the season or you didn't watch the games. You can go through ESPN game logs and find out AJ's contribution in clutch in some of those wins. Obiously it's luck. After AJ came, we started to play like a team that could have made it to the playoffs. Injuries killed that hope.

• Premium Member

Quote:

After AJ came, we started to play like a team that could have made it to the playoffs. Injuries killed that hope.

Actually we didn't, we lost our first 6 games once we acquired AJ. That was BEFORE JJ went down.

Quote:

Quote:

After AJ came, we started to play like a team that could have made it to the playoffs. Injuries killed that hope.

Actually we didn't, we lost our first 6 games once we acquired AJ. That was BEFORE JJ went down.

We lost 6 in a row when we had some hard games. Then JJ went down and we won 4 in a row. AJ fit in with the team like a glove. If he was with us the whole season, we could have managed to avoid some of the injuries because our players would have had some rests. AJ is like a coach in the court. Every NBA team would give up their 2nd rounder for a solid contributor like him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We lost 6 in a row when we had some hard games. Then JJ went down and we won 4 in a row.

Against 3 of the worst and most tanking teams in the league. Boston pulled the biggest tankjob in the world against Charlotte when they blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead, and sat their leading scorer that game the entire 4th quarter. It's not a surprise we beat those teams.

Quote:

AJ fit in with the team like a glove.

LOL

Quote:

If he was with us the whole season, we could have managed to avoid some of the injuries because our players would have had some rests.

I've been seeing a lot of Miss Cleo impersonations lately, this is really getting out of hand.

Quote:

AJ is like a coach in the court. Every NBA team would give up their 2nd rounder for a solid contributor like him.

Exactly what did AJ help us accomplish? WHAT?

Guest Walter

Quote:

should we have given up 2nd round pick for AJ. This is a very deep draft and we probably would have been smarter to keep our 2nd round pick and get a project big man.Our 2nd round picks of Ivey, Salim, and Solomon have been decent picks for the most part.

Who the hell needed hindsight to see that mistake?

Geeze.

I'd love a Jared Dudley to replace (a traded) Childress.

W