• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think top PGs could go fast

MrAloha

How critical is getting a potentially good PG this year ?

When I see people post that we can get Law at #11, I think they are looking at mock drafts and basing their decision on them.

In a draft that has few decent PG prospects (Conley, Law and maybe Crittenton) I think Conley and Law will be gone by #11. And it is possible that Crit will be gone too. Especially if he has good workouts.

There's Portland willing to trade with any team that drafts Conley. Jack doesn't have to be part of a deal - meaning a team that doesn't need a PG could draft Conley and trade him to Portland. Memphis and Milwaukee are teams that may draft a PG. And there's always the possibility of a team trading up in front of #11 to pick a PG.

Is it worth gambling to see if a PG will drop to #11 ?

Even if we get a "value" pick at #11, but draft no PG or C, wouldn't it be another considered by most as just another "wasted" draft ??? And some would say we could always trade the "value" pick at #11 for a decent PG. Well, maybe we can and maybe we can't (or wouldn't). Is it worth the gamble ?

I doubt all of them would be taken, but even if they are taken, players like Noah, YI, Horford could slip to the 11th, so it'd actually be a good thing. There is also free-acency. You can get a Steve blake, or Mo Williams, players who can have just as big of impact as any of the PGs in this draft.

Lmao @ PGs the position that's going to go fast in the draft.

This is one of the strongest front court drafts in a long, long time. No way in hell 3 PGs are drafted in the top 10.

You assume these PGs will raise their stock but you fail to realize these front court players aren't exactly going to lower their stock.

Quote:

You assume these PGs will raise their stock but you fail to realize these front court players aren't exactly going to lower their stock.

Tell that to Noah. He was allegedly going at 1 last year now he might fall out of the top 10.

Quote:

Quote:

Tell that to Noah. He was allegedly going at 1 last year now he might fall out of the top 10.

What are you talking about?

We're talking about players right now raising or lowering their stock.

That has nothing to do with Noah possibly being the #1 pick in a weak draft class. The reason why Noah's stock has dropped IS BECAUSE of these other talented FRONT COURT players.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What are you talking about?

We're talking about players right now raising or lowering their stock.

That has nothing to do with Noah possibly being the #1 pick in a weak draft class. The reason why Noah's stock has dropped IS BECAUSE of these other talented FRONT COURT players.

That is just your little fantasy world. After the top two picks there are no bigs better than Aldridge or Bargnani.

Meanwhile Law wasn't even on the draft radar last year and has moved up dramatically. He can move up further if he does well at the combine.

• Moderators

Quote:

This is one of the strongest front court drafts in a long, long time. No way in hell 3 PGs are drafted in the top 10.

Busboy and I don't agree on a lot of issues relative to Yi and Conley but I definitely agree with him on this. This draft has a lot of frontcourt talent and I don't see any way that 3 PGs go in the top 10.

Quote:

Quote:

Busboy and I don't agree on a lot of issues relative to Yi and Conley but I definitely agree with him on this. This draft has a lot of frontcourt talent and I don't see any way that 3 PGs go in the top 10.

Probably not, but two could happen very easily and nobody would have predicted that 6 months ago. This was seen as one of the weakest pg drafts in years.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Probably not, but two could happen very easily and nobody would have predicted that 6 months ago. This was seen as one of the weakest pg drafts in years.

Personally, I still don't see 2 going in the top 9. The earliest I could see a second going is at #10 to Sacramento.

Most teams have enough needs that I can't see them passing on the top lottery selections for any PG other than Conley.

Agreed, 0% chance of this. 1 of the 3 will definitely be available, and there's a decent likelihood that 2 of the 3 will be. Look at some of the other guys in the draft.

Oden

Durant

B Wright

J Wright

Green

Brewer

Yi

Horford

Now we're suggesting that Conley, Law, and Crit are ALL going to break through that list? No way no how.