• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Question for ALL of the MCJ at 3 Fans...

Diesel

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...i think many of us (at least myself) are saying Conley at with the assumption that he shows himself in workouts to be better than others by far...a more naturally talented point....BUT if in workouts with us and other teams, it shows that he is not the best in the group or at least is not that much better, then i'm not for taking him at 3 and frankly, his stock would fall a bit or stay steady in the 6 area anyway....

BUT, i'm expecting him to do well in the workouts, move up the board and show himself to be the best of the point guards....and since point guard is a big need for us, i'm all for getting the BEST point guard who has the best chance to be a special point guard for us....i'm NOT for waiting till 11 to get a point if i don't think that point guard is going to be as dynamic....it does not matter where you pick a forward at (3 or 11), that forward will still find it difficult to find playing time, which is a total waste of our time.

we have most other positions filled with players who are already good or showing they have potential to be good, we need now a good player at point....if workouts show that taking law/critt at #11 is MORE RISKIER TO GETTING A POINT THAT WILL BE GOOD IN THIS LEAGUE than taking Conley at #3, then there isnt a way i want to get one at 11...even if it means losing a player who has potential to be good at the foward position (because again, i don't think he will find lots of playing time next year, hence he won't put much stats up, hence some of you same fans will be complaining we picked him).

Quote:

...i think many of us (at least myself) are saying Conley at with the assumption that he shows himself in workouts to be better than others by far...a more naturally talented point....BUT if in workouts with us and other teams, it shows that he is not the best in the group or at least is not that much better, then i'm not for taking him at 3 and frankly, his stock would fall a bit or stay steady in the 6 area anyway....

Most professional scouts say Crittenton has the most upside of any PG in this draft, so i'll take there word for it, instead of yours. you really think that if Conley match-up against a 6'5 PG who's just as talented, and a 4 year player in Acie Law, that he would look alot better than them in workouts.

Quote:

11 and Chillz

For who???

Please go out and find a trade that makes sense... then put yourself in the other GM's position so you can say "HELL NO" to yourself.

First of all lets start with basic facts.

Fact 1. Any team with a really good center isn't going to trade them. Deals like Shaq going to Miami are the exception to the rule.

Fact 2. There really aren't any centers in this draft other than Oden.

Hawes will probably be a good post scorer and Noah may turn out to be a decent center. both would probably be good picks at 11 if available. but i am not sold on either.

Fact 3. If we are trading for a center we will be trading for a player who has holes in his game. We won't be getting a complete player. If the center was a complete player he wouldn't be on the trading block.

I proposed the 11th/Lue for Haywood on a Wizards board and the response was fairly positive, making me think we might be able to pick up something else in the deal.

click

We would also probably put together a deal for Prz since they have Oden now and need a sf. Judging from their fans reactions I don't think they are sold on Outlaw or Webster.

Seatle has 3 young centers, (Swift, Petro, and Sene) and i would think that at least two of them could be had with a trade involving the 11th pick.

I am sure there are other opportunities available.

Quote:

BOOO... BOOO...BOOO...

Let the chips fall where they may?

Here's the problem EDS... Conley is not worth that!!

If it was us getting Oden... OK... BUt even with that, you never let the chips fall where they may in the lottery...

Are you Babcock?

Seriously..

Is EDS some obscure reference to Pete Babcock?

You basically said, grab Conley and hope for somebody tall??

I really hope that some of these other MCJ at 3 fans can come up with something better than

Hope for the best

Let the chips fall where they may

Good tidings

Whatever will be will be

Everything is everything

Doesn't really matter

!

You're joking right?

As usual, you are missing the forest through the trees.

After Oden is gone there really isn't a bona fide center available in this draft. Noah and Hawes are as close as the Hawks can hope to get and both are flawed and a few years away from contributing. That said, there is a decent chance one of the two is available at 11.

It is unfortunate that our inept GM has painted the Hawks into a corner by being completely bereft of talent at the two most important positions on the floor. Once the Hawks failed to land the number one pick, chances of filling both those wholes went out the window. As a result I choose to fix one of the holes permanently - point guard - rather then slap additional bandaids and hope something works out.

Quote:

Most likely a deal would have to involve one of the Hawks swingman

Not really. Haywood can probably be had for just the 11th and one of our backup pgs. Ditto Prz.

Seatle isn't sold on their point guards and they have 3 centers. They don't have enough playing time for all 3. it would make sense for them to trade one of those centers for Law or Crit at 11.

I bet we might even be able to get Daly if Noah is still available at 11.

Quote:

what center is worth trade our 11th pick over and please don't say Heywood.

He would badly punk Noah and Wright. He would toss them aside like rag dolls.

I like Petro and have a feeling he can be good. I think the 11th pick may secure a guy like that if we sweeten the deal just a little. I'm not sure how much they love Petro but Sene sucks right now and Swift is coming off an ACL.

Your right about flawed center prospects. The good news is you don't need a great offensive guy anymore but you have to be able to defend the paint. Z just doesn't get it done.

Haywood would do and they want him gone. He is better than anybody at 5 in the draft not named Oden.

A trade for Haywood has been perculating in my head prior to reading your idea about same. IMO, we could probably also get the Wizards 2007 pick tossed in the trade as well. With the Wizards pick we take the BPA even if it is a swingman as insurance in case we lose JChillz. Of course I have still not made up my mind about whether Conley is worth the 3rd overall pick.

Quote:

I proposed the 11th/Lue for Haywood on a Wizards board and the response was fairly positive, making me think we might be able to pick up something else in the deal.

click

We would also probably put together a deal for Prz since they have Oden now and need a sf. Judging from their fans reactions I don't think they are sold on Outlaw or Webster.

Seatle has 3 young centers, (Swift, Petro, and Sene) and i would think that at least two of them could be had with a trade involving the 11th pick.

I am sure there are other opportunities available.

11and Lue for Haywood? Cmon Ton, Haywood is not worth more than Lue alone. And please (Swift,Petro, and Sene) are not more promising than Zaza and Solomon. aND YOU WILL GIVE THEM #11???

If we select Conley at 3 we get either Brewer (will not be there), Noah (wont be there) or Javaris. If Javaris is the choice, by mid October a suiter for Conley will arise for a trade.

Quote:

Cmon Ton, Haywood is not worth more than Lue alone

Please feel free to name all of the centers who can defend better than Haywood and make less than $8 million/yr. We don't have anyone on our roster who is even an average defender at C.

Quote:

And please (Swift,Petro, and Sene) are not more promising than Zaza and Solomon.

Zaza can't play D and never will be able to. Solomon is undersized to play center no matter how many times people try to deny it.

The problem with the 3rd pick is that after the first two players there is no one player who comes risk free. There is not one no-brainer after Durant. That is why all things equal you solve your biggest issue and move on.

I see no more risk to Conley than a Yi or Wright thats for sure. In fact, I see less risk with Conley than either one. I do like Corey Brewer because he is a complete player. But is he really worth not taking a position of need with a guy like Conley? I don't think so.

The 3rd pick has more value in a trade than anywhere. Its either trade or Conley.

I just hope BK doesn't overestimate a guy like JO and offer like a 3rd pick and Smoove for him. I'm really afraid our "braintrust" may do something monumentally stupid.