• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ex, DJ, EDS, and the rest.

Diesel

• Premium Member

You're not going to be able to make up reasons why the Hawks shouldn't max their pick at #3 and #11.

You guys are fighting uphill against Logic.

Logic is this. We can get a comparable PG at #11.

Why not get the best player we can get at #3.

Weather that be Gasol, JO, Yi, Brandan, Miller, Aldridge/Jack, Zebo, Pierce, Lewis, Jefferson, Amare, Okafor, or whoever else.

The point would still be: What we get at #3 with PG at 11..

Will dang sure be better than what we get at 11 with PG Conley Jr.

Especially being that Conley Jr. is a 69% FT, 30% 3pt shooter and we are dead last... in FG%, Scoring, and 3pt%.

It just doesn't add up.

So I am amused by your attempts to try to discredit anybody brought up...

But at the end of the day, three things are Certain...

1. Conley is not head and shoulders better than Law or Critt.

2. Nobody available at 11 if we pick conley at 3 (your scenerio) will make any IMPACT on this team.

3. Any player proposed at 3 is much much better than what will be available at 11 in your scenerio.

So keep on pushing and trying to discredit. But you're fighting against Logic. Again, When Diesel and Walter agree.. It must be right!

Quote:

Weather that be
Gasol, JO
, Yi, Brandan,
Miller, Aldridge/Jack
, Zebo,
Pierce, Lewis, Jefferson, Amare, Okafor,
or whoever else.

LOL looks like you picked a bad time to start sniffing glue. If i thought we could get any of the players in bold i would do it in a heartbeat. But i know it is nothing but a fantasy on your part.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You're not going to be able to make up reasons why the Hawks shouldn't max their pick at #3 and #11.

While your opinion is nice, what makes you think that Knight & Co. care about maxing out the value of the pick? They certainly didn't do that last year.

Quote:

We can get a comparable PG at #11.

Actually, Law & Conley are only comparable in one regard - they're both guards. They are completely different players.

What matters is which way the Hawks want to go at PG - the proven scorer in Law -or- the promising distributor.

Quote:

Especially being that Conley Jr. is a 69% FT, 30% 3pt shooter and we are dead last... in FG%, Scoring, and 3pt%.

D, did you ever consider WHY JJ wanted an upgrade at PG? Perhaps it's because the best shooter on the team is never open? Wouldn't a penetrating PG open things up on the perimeter?

Quote:

Nobody available at 11 if we pick conley at 3 (your scenerio) will make any IMPACT on this team.

You are full of yourself if you think you can project the draft perfectly all the way up to #11. Regardless, you can always trade the #11 for a vet big and a future first if you need to.

Quote:

Any player proposed at 3 is much much better than what will be available at 11 in your scenerio.

The #3 pick will be determined independently of the #11. That much is certain.

Quote:

Again, When Diesel and Walter agree.. It must be right!

I would use a different than "right."

That's right, we don't have to make up any reasons...it's staring us right in the face. We all have watched francise type PG's fly right by us the past few years. We're already considering a laughing stock for the past decisions we've made in the drafts. Here we are AGAIN in the position to draft another francise type PG for the next ten years. We should feel lucky to have this opportunity, again. Take Conley at 3 and move on. No questions asked, this shouldn't even be debated considering our past!! This is a no brainer. Plain and simple.

• Premium Member

If we're talking about Knight and Company, let me say this...

Knight won't pick CONLEY.... EVEN IF CONLEY Was available at 11, Night would pick somebody else.

In that one way, BK is predictable:

Look at his choice for PG:

Boris Diaw. Royal Ivey. JJ. AJ.

BK proclaims right after the draft lottery: "I prefer Big PGs"..

If you really want to talk about what BK will do, you will start planning for a future without MCJ...

Quote:

Quote:

Weather that be
Gasol, JO
, Yi, Brandan,
Miller, Aldridge/Jack
, Zebo,
or whoever else.

LOL looks like you picked a bad time to start sniffing glue. If i thought we could get any of the players in bold i would do it in a heartbeat. But i know it is nothing but a fantasy on your part.

Agreed. There is zero chance our cheap owners are going to pull the trigger on a trade that brings in a big money big man.

If you could guarantee to me that BK would trade a forward after drafting Wright or Yi I might be interested in them as well, but I doubt that happens.

If the Hawks were interested in maximizing picks then BK would not have drafted Childress over Deng and Iggy, Marvin over Deron and Paul or Sheldon over Roy.

Quote:

Weather that be Gasol, JO, Yi, Brandan, Miller, Aldridge/Jack, Zebo, Pierce, Lewis, Jefferson, Amare, Okafor, or whoever else.

It just doesn't add up.

2. Nobody available at 11 if we pick conley at 3 (your scenerio) will make any IMPACT on this team.

3. Any player proposed at 3 is much much better than what will be available at 11 in your scenerio.

So keep on pushing and trying to discredit. But you're fighting against Logic. Again, When Diesel and Walter agree.. It must be right!

talktohand.gif

Quote:

It just doesn't add up.

What I like to add to this, is if were not satisfied with any of the Pgs, their alot avaliable in free agency or trade.

Mo Willimas

Steve Blake

Jarret Jack

Jose Caldron

The greek guy

all of these players would make just as good, or a better impact on the Hawks, than any PG in this draft. Or if we pick Crittenton, and feel he needs time to develop, than it wouldn't hurt going after these guys.

Quote:

If you really want to talk about what BK will do, you will start planning for a future without MCJ...

After what lottery did BK state he liked big PGs ? The 2005 lottery ? I don't recal him saying that lately.

He just over paid for a injury prone 5'11'' Speedy and signed the 6'0'' Lue to a 3 year deal last year.

1. Diaw never played PG, he was drafted as a point foward, if you will to team with JT but was not consisdered a real PG.

2. Ivey was a 2nd round pick (making that relevant to a #3 pick is quite a reach).

3. AJ was gap filler when Speedy and Lue were injured. We had to field a team. Comparing AJ to BK's preference at #3 is an even bigger reach don't ya' think ?

4. JJ at PG was the mistake that brought BK back to earth that a big PG is not alwayse the best way to go.

I would not totally shoot down the idea of Conley at #3. Granted BK may be more of a Acie Law fan. He alwayse talks about how we are the youngest team in the history of the NBA and how there has never been a NBA team start a 20 & 21 year old together at the foward positions. ZaZa is like 23 or 24 and JJ was only 25 last year. I could see him not considering a 19 year old like Critt who neeeds much seasoning before he taste right. Law is 22 and seasoned and shows he plays best vs. the best competition. Conley who is only 19 plays with the savy of a seasoned college senior.

Neither Conley nor Law get rattled, even at the end of big names. They both have exceptional composure. They are both natural leaders. As long as we get one of them to be our future PG we will be fine.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Tyronn Lue?

Speedy Claxton?

Also, Ivey was never seen as a long-time starter, neither is AJ. Diaw was a compliment to Terry.

..And I still think JJ could play significant minutes at PG on the right team.

Quote:

If we're talking about Knight and Company, let me say this...

Knight won't pick CONLEY.... EVEN IF CONLEY Was available at 11, Night would pick somebody else.

In that one way, BK is predictable:

If BK only likes "big" point guards why did he sign Speedy and Lue?

Quote:

It just doesn't add up.

Its not about maximizing our return on the #3 pick or getttingthe most "talented" player. It about building the best teamforthe parts we do have on our roster.

It has already been proven that you can't just assemble a roster of the most talented players and have them be a winning team. The USA national team has proved this over the years by getting their butts whipped by inferior talent who actually play as a cohesive unit /team.

A PG is who makes a team as a cohesive unit. That is what the Hawks need. Is that not rational thinking ? We have been stock piling "talented" fowards for years now. You diss BK for 2 years for taking Marvin over a PG. Now you are begging him to take another project foward while passing on another PG.

What gives ?

Good point.

Do I think Mike Conley Jr. is the 3rd best player in the draft? No. In fact, I think he's more around the 7th or 8th best player in the draft.

However, of all the players that are available with the 3rd pick, Mike Conley Jr. will probably have the most impact on the Hawks team. Why? Because Mike Conley Jr. is a player that instantly makes Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, and Joe Johnson better players simply by being able to get them the ball when in scoring position.

Also, based on some of his comments this offseason, Billy Knight is clearly conscious about the point guard position. Just based on his comments, I think Billy wants a point guard that can dictate the tempo of the game on both ends of the floor.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Weather that be
Gasol, JO
, Yi, Brandan,
Miller, Aldridge/Jack
, Zebo,
or whoever else.

Agreed. There is zero chance our cheap owners are going to pull the trigger on a trade that brings in a big money big man.

If you could guarantee to me that BK would trade a forward after drafting Wright or Yi I might be interested in them as well, but I doubt that happens.

If the Hawks were interested in maximizing picks then BK would not have drafted Childress over Deng and Iggy, Marvin over Deron and Paul or Sheldon over Roy.

As much as I would love to see BK bring in a proven commodity who aren't on their last legs (so the Lo Wrights of the world doesn't count), I really can't see them pulling the trigger on a guy who makes a ton of $$$. I guess its wishful thinking on my part until something actually goes down.