• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ex, DJ, EDS, and the rest.

Diesel

Well, I don't want to see them commit that kind of money as well as the #3 overall pick on a player that

A. Doesn't play on both ends of the floor...i.e...Pau Gasol

B. Has injury problems.....i.e...Jermaine O'Neal

Now, if the LA Clippers were to offer Elton Brand for some package including the 3rd pick, then I'd be all over it. Why? Because Elton Brand plays on both ends of the floor. He is a 20+ PPG scorer on offense, and he is one of the 3 best defensive power forwards in the NBA.

I can live with Elton Brand being here as well; I just don't see the Clips being that stupid to pull the trigger. I just want another proven player on the roster to help JJ carry the load when the double and triple teams start coming his way. This team shouldn't be at the stage of getting even younger than they already are.

True, but there are better ways of spending your money than getting someone like Pau Gasol who will score 20 for you but will give up 30 to the man he is guarding every night or Jermaine O'Neal that is a guarantee to miss at least 20 games a season.

And how do we go about that without getting younger and waiting another 2-3 years for the (insert rookie here) to develop? BTW, Gasol wouldn't have to deal with nearly the amount of talented post players here in the East as he would in the West. I'm all ears.... munching_out.gif

It doesn't matter who Gasol is facing, the guy plays no defense at all.

I'd rather take my chances with Mike Conley and someone like Tiago Splitter in the draft than give up the #3 pick AND pay Pau Gasol the contract he has.

I am a MJC supporter and think he gives the Hawks the best chance to improve next season and in 2010. He is a pure distributor of the basketball, perimeter defender, and athlete on par with Marvin and Smoove. I've watched Monta Ellis, Tony Parker, and Chris Paul do it at 20 years old so it isn't really a stretch to think MCJ can. He will start day 1 where anyone of these forwards are on the bench.

However, the best arguement I have read is this - the third pick is house money - We were going to get Law anyway considering we were supposed to lose our pick to Pheonix, so stay with plan A. Take Wright, Horford, or Yi to back up Marvin and Smoove, and come off the bench with Sheldon, Childress, and Solo. Law too is backing up Anthony Johnson becuase they are similar talents. This draft makes the Hawks better 1-15, but not 1-5.

Guest Walter

KB

Quote:

Do I think Mike Conley Jr. is the 3rd best player in the draft? No. In fact, I think he's more around the 7th or 8th best player in the draft.

...has now, two consecutive years in a row been a proponent of FAR lesser talents in SW and Conley relative to Roy/Foye and Yi/Wright respectively being drafted.

KB is BK's bee-atch and flip/flops his opinions to support BK. We all know that. But this is simply assinine.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Filling a need (PG) we've had for a while now with the best PG in the draft.

You mean like...Chris Paul or Deron Williams?

Unfortunately, no Pg in this draft is remotely as good as those guys.

Imagine if we had an 11th pick in the 2005 draft in addition to 2 and we all projected at least one if not two equal or perhaps even greater Pgs to remain until then and no talent to be left there. We'd ALL have supported the selection of MW at 2, been right to do so, as we picked up Chris Paul or Felton at 11.

That's how this draft shapes up for us.

Back to the point of my original response.

KB force fed his absolutist BPA montra in support of BK selecting MW (even though Childress wasn't). In the two drafts since he's caved and is caving in to the "draft for need, NOT for BPA or talent" contingency. What people don't seem to understand is that you MUST always carefully weigh both talent and position, the draft's strengths and weaknesses, etc. WE certainly didn't do that last year when we failed to tryout the obvious picks or even SW.

Anyhow, KB has a lot of 'splainin' to do as if his credibility could get any lower or sink any deeper.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Filling a need (PG) we've had for a while now with the best PG in the draft.

You mean like...Chris Paul or Deron Williams?

Unfortunately, no Pg in this draft is remotely as good as those guys.

Imagine if we had an 11th pick in the 2005 draft in addition to 2 and we all projected at least one if not two equal or perhaps even greater Pgs to remain until then and no talent to be left there. We'd ALL have supported the selection of MW at 2, been right to do so, as we picked up Chris Paul or Felton at 11.

That's how this draft shapes up for us.

Back to the point of my original response.

KB force fed his absolutist BPA montra in support of BK selecting MW (even though Childress wasn't). In the two drafts since he's caved and is caving in to the "draft for need, NOT for BPA or talent" contingency. What people don't seem to understand is that you MUST always carefully weigh both talent and position, the draft's strengths and weaknesses, etc. WE certainly didn't do that last year when we failed to tryout the obvious picks or even SW.

Anyhow, KB has a lot of 'splainin' to do as if his credibility could get any lower or sink any deeper.

W

I wanted Paul just as much or more than any other Hawks fan.

However, if you'll remember, at this point in 2005 Deron Williams was rated a mid- first round pick...After his workouts, he was determined to be a top 5 player.

Mark my words...the same thing will happen to Conley...Leading up to the draft he will be a consensus top 5 player and the best PG in the draft, by a good margin.

I'm not trying to get involved on your and KB's spat, that's not what I care about.

What I care about is fixing the PG and C position, not wasting our #3 pick on a guy that NO ONE on this message board (no matter what they say) really knows anything about, other than reading scouting reports...Which say, by the way that he is a SF/PF...You want another one of those?

What a complete and utter waste of a draft pick.