• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Latest from my sources inside the front office

Sothron

• Premium Member

Didn't we establish that are you phx_suns posting under a new screen name?

I honestly do not give one rip whether you believe me or not. I have been posting on the internet about the Hawks for ten years or more on major Hawks fan sites under the same name (see sig). If you don't believe me then just ignore these posts. I'd rather not turn this into some kind of childish flamewar and get in the way of real news I think the rest of the site would like to hear.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Sothron:

I appreciate the insight you've shared thus far. Protect your sources.

If the opportunity presents itself, could you inquire about the medical status along with front office perceptions of Speedy. I believe this may be a key into how we plan for the draft.

Quote:

Didn't we establish that are you phx_suns posting under a new screen name?

I honestly do not give one rip whether you believe me or not. I have been posting on the internet about the Hawks for ten years or more on major Hawks fan sites under the same name (see sig). If you don't believe me then just ignore these posts. I'd rather not turn this into some kind of childish flamewar and get in the way of real news I think the rest of the site would like to hear.

This isn't about a flame war or whatever you want to call it. This is about your info, you claim this is from a insider yet, any logical insider wouldn't tell you unless you are

a. family

b. work in the org.

c. are the insider

d. correnspondent

If your not one of those, they have no reason to tell you nothing. It's there jobs to stay srecretive, and I just don't believe your being honest, if I did I wouldn't have make a comment.

And quit calling me some phx suns fan. I hate the Suns, in fact I'm still pissed BK traded the picks for when we get JJ from them. BK is one of the most imcompatent GM in sports history. I don't know know just one good or logical move BK made yet. Maybe AJ for a 2nd to the Mavs, might be the only one to his name.

Quote:

Sothron:

If the opportunity presents itself, could you inquire about the medical status along with front office perceptions of Speedy. I believe this may be a key into how we plan for the draft.

Even if Speedy is perfectly healthy, we should plan for the draft as if Speedy will miss 82 games + the playoffs.

• Premium Member

I am not going to respond to your post other than to say this: please do not post in this thread or in future ones I make where I am revealing information for the site. Its your right to think I'm lying but keep out of the thread. I do not want these posts sidetracked.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sothron:

Thanks for the props.

The only source who commented on this about a month ago said they didn't expect Claxton to miss as much time as he did and they were internally questioning his "pain thresh hold" as being too low. He was the second best PG available as a free agent and they are hamstrung by the court's decision in terms of contracts. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they trade him but it would be part of a larger deal not just to get rid of him.

Quote:

I am not going to respond to your post other than to say this: please do not post in this thread or in future ones I make where I am revealing information for the site. Its your right to think I'm lying but keep out of the thread. I do not want these posts sidetracked.

No, you listen here, your reporting infomation as credible and expect someone not to question that. Who the hell do you think you are, you haven't make it clear on what or who you are. If you work for AJC it would credible because they have connects with the Hawks org. This info you posted has been to posted on real credible site becuase of preception since you made the comments. If you are legit, then tell us who you are, if not your just a fan claiming false information on the internet. You got some nevres to come at me when you don't have any credibity to be real. Your creating news and expect for everyone to be up and arms and believing you without saying who you are. What do you do, do you work for Macon Telegragh, Augusta Times, what? If not, Diesel can make this thread. If you don't want to say this in public, PM me then.

• Premium Member

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/462...t_of_conley_jr/

Read that story. It mentions there was a brief conversation after the lottery between the Blazers and the Hawks. Look at the date of the story. I first broke the news about that phone call before that report here:

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....7977&Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=217977&Search=true&where=&Name=1293&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post217977

Scroll down to my post. Look at the timestamp on that post and then look at the timestamp on the realgm article.

How would I know about that phone call unless someone inside the front office told me about it? I don't have mindreading powers.

There used to be a guy named jaywalker that would report on the Hawks. He got to know a ton of people inside the team on every level including arena staff. There used to be a guy named Sothron that went to several games over the years with jaywalker. Jaywalker introduced Sothron to some of those people. Sothron was smart enough to cultivate friendships with some of them. Jaywalker eventually moved out of the state and could no longer cover the Hawks. But Sothron still kept in touch with some of those contacts and from time to time those contacts would give Sothron a news nugget or two. Sothron has at times shared such nuggets before. Not all the nuggets were gold, some were close to gold but something happened and they didn't always come up true gold. But most do.

If you do not know who jaywalker was then you have no idea how Sothron could meet people inside the organization.

• Premium Member

Honestly Jason and I haven't spoken on the phone in well over a year but we stay in touch over email and in various fantasy sports leagues. He doesn't seem to have the same interest in the Hawks as he used to have, at least to me.

Quote:

No, you listen here, your reporting infomation as credible and expect someone not to question that. Who the hell do you think you are

You have no credibility here, certainly not enough to call out someone else. You are a self proclaimed scout who is clueless about ball and your command of English is laughable even by message board standards.

The Blazers are guaranteed to win a championship with in the next few years. if Knight is dumb enough to even think about trading Smoove.. You can guarantee. He will get the recognition he deserves playing alongsige. Roy and Oden.... I dont know why they think Marvin is better than Smoove, bevcause he's not. And he has'nt proven anything.... Also if Smoove is traded the HAWKS mightest well forget about the 15 or so fans that come to the games now. Because there is no one else on this team besides JOE people would come to see play.....

• Premium Member

Is there a way to shorten the second link I had in my previous post? I hate stretching out the page but that link shows the post where I broke the news about the phonecall between Portland and Atlanta well before it was reported nationally.

Quote:

Read that story. It mentions there was a brief conversation after the lottery between the Blazers and the Hawks. Look at the date of the story. I first broke the news about that phone call before that report here:

,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=217977&Search=true&where=&Name=1293&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post217977

Scroll down to my post. Look at the timestamp on that post and then look at the timestamp on the realgm article.

How would I know about that phone call unless someone inside the front office told me about it? I don't have mindreading powers.

There used to be a guy named jaywalker that would report on the Hawks. He got to know a ton of people inside the team on every level including arena staff. There used to be a guy named Sothron that went to several games over the years with jaywalker. Jaywalker introduced Sothron to some of those people. Sothron was smart enough to cultivate friendships with some of them. Jaywalker eventually moved out of the state and could no longer cover the Hawks. But Sothron still kept in touch with some of those contacts and from time to time those contacts would give Sothron a news nugget or two. Sothron has at times shared such nuggets before. Not all the nuggets were gold, some were close to gold but something happened and they didn't always come up true gold. But most do.

If you do not know who jaywalker was then you have no idea how Sothron could meet people inside the organization.

That's pretty cool, my bad for coming at you like that, I was curious to know how credible you are. The info you were posting was serious and I wanted to know how serious was the person who was the messenger. Thanks for the info.

It is probably too late to edit the post.

In the future you can just use the URL button to post links. It is in the same area as the QUOTE and IMAGE button on the far right next to all the colors when you are making a post.

Quote:

It is probably too late to edit the post.

In the future you can just use the URL button to post links. It is in the same area as the QUOTE and IMAGE button on the far right next to all the colors when you are making a post.

otherwise I may have to come up with some kind of funny parody from a movie about you Sothron tongue.gif

I think you can just delete everything after the underlined part.

If that doesn't work, u can always use the Instant UBB code. Click on URL and in the second popup just type "link" or something. (edit: i see that exodus beat me to it)

I, too, want to say thanks for the inside info, and I hope you'll continue to pass stuff along.