• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New trade thought...

Diesel

Guest Walter

Quote:

Well, getting out of Speedy's contract 1st.

Second..

Nene is a 6'11, 268: 15, 8, 2 C... (35 mpg).

But I think we have to get more out of the 3rd pick and I don't think we'll use the cap space given our current ownership situation.

Certainly the 11th pick for NeNe would be worth it, we still draft for talent at 3, we trade Childress for Jack.

NeNe/ZaZa (I like the SOUND of that center position!)

Yi/SW

JS/MW

JJ/?/Salim

Jack/Lue/AJ

Possibly intruiging.

W

Quote:

The guy has never been a starter in the NBA

He has started 128 games, or a shade under 40% of the games he's been in. And he was terrible last year because he was injured, which destroys his entire speed-based game. He is far from terrible when healthy.

• Premium Member

I was against trading talent for a player who was injured and it was no sign of if he would return healthy or not PLUS it was his last contract year and he would have had to be resigned.

Now. Nene is playing. He is under contract for about 5 more years.

Go back if you wish to our conversations of Nene.

When you find me doubting his basketball skills, let me know.

I guarantee you will see that I said it's STUPID to trade talent for a guy on the last year of his contract ala Danny Manning.. I still believe that.

Quote:

I was against trading talent for a player who was injured and it was no sign of if he would return healthy or not PLUS it was his last contract year and he would have had to be resigned.

Now. Nene is playing. He is under contract for about 5 more years.

Go back if you wish to our conversations of Nene.

Nene got injured in November. The trade deadline was in February. The word out of Denver was that he was way ahead of schedule yet you were claiming he might never play well again.

My favorite bunch of nonsense from you was when you tried to claim he was unrestricted.

The reality is that he would have been easy to resign because only NOK and Chicago had the potential to bid on him and they both had their sights elsewhere.

You also claimed that he had never done anything and that he wouldn't be worth the salary he would command. I guess you got over that.

I couldn't believe Diesel is saying we should trade for Nene after he railed against trading Al for Nene last season. Here are some highlights.

This first thread is my favorite, where he calls me out to say that Nene is unrestricted, not restricted.

Diesel pwned

Here is claims Nene isn't that good even when healthy.

Quote:

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only happy person. Exodus would be happy too.

My problem with the trade is this.

How good is Nene'?

A lot has been made of Nene' but when he got playing time, he didn't prove himself. He's not a great rebounder, he doesn't jump well. He has good hands and he's quick around the basket.. but when Denver depended on him to be their low post scorer/defender... he was disappointing.

Quote:

Nene' shoots 50%. Good god, I would hope so. He's a C playing next to a Sf who is a big time scorer..... Most of the time, that's a recipe for shooting over 50%.

Secondly... The only stats that matters for C...

Points, rebounds, FG%, Blocks.

In 32.5 minutes.

11+ ppg. That's mighty low.

6.5 rpg, That's very low for somebody his size. can you say FOYLE.

0.82 bpg.. DAMN Even Foyle does better than this.

Right now, there's nothing pushing me to say that Nene' is better than Zaza.

click

Here Diesel says that Denver won't match an offer of $10 million/yr once Nene becomes a free agent. Guess what he ended up signing for.

Quote:

Denver has to resign Mello.

as a rFA, Nene will get some offers from Chicago and Atlanta.

Both teams are able to put a dent in Denver's pocket for Nene.

The problem is that Denver can't justify matching a deal that Nene' gets. Nene' hasn't proved anything. He's been kinda sorry with that "P" word hanging around his neck. It's likely that Atlanta or Chicago will pull out the 10 million dollar gun and take their shot at Nene.
I doubt Denver matches..

click

Here is says i am devaluing Al by saying we should trade him for Nene.

Quote:

Notice..

I'm not against trading Al. What I'm against is trading Al and not getting back equal compensation AND trading Al just to make room (which generally means that you don't get back equal compensation)..

I notice that since I have stated this, Exodus has gone on a campaign to DE-VALUE Al?

Quote:

Trading for injured players doesn't help us either.

click

More "welfare mentality"

Quote:

When people say...

Let's trade Al for a pick and an ending contract.

When people say....

Let's trade Al for Nene...

Then I think it's pretty obvious that there are some here who would trade Al just to make room for the others...

Just look up Logjam on Hawksquawk and see how many people talk about moving Al as a means to clear up the "logjam"...

click

Great call here

Quote:

Kiki is bluffing. He knows that Bk will go to free agency. SNT Al with a cap having team and with the money left over try to sign Nene.

click

Quote:

But when you think about it... Nene has missed a yr in a half out of a 4 yr career..

I mean Damn.. He's has played in 213 out of 328 games by the end of this year.

That's 64% of his games.

In his first 4 yrs, the original Mr. Glass J. Mashburn played 246 out of 328 games.

For his career, he played in 64.18% of his games.

click

Another great call.

Quote:

5 yr 50 million... That's 10 million per.

For a injury plagued C who hasn't shown much.

If the Hawks want him, they can make an offer during the offseason. With their mind set on resigning Mello,
Denver won't match.

click

Last but not least

Quote:

If a Denver fan says Nene is the best post defender on the team, maybe he's smoking crack...

click

Anyone who watched Denver play SA in the playoffs knows just how tough a man defender Nene is. This is the guy we could have had instead of the 11th pick.

Good thing BK agreed with Diesel, right?

Quote:

ices_rofl.gif

lol I'm sure you'd love the deal, though. Nene is your golden boy. What else would you be willing to throw in?

They wouldn't trade him for the 3rd pick now. We had our chance and blew it. Now they are looking to deal Camby.

Quote:

He has never been a CONSISTENT starter in the NBA...Always the back-up PG or "spot starter".

do u like just making up [censored] as you go? do u care nothing for the facts?

04-05, he played in 46 games for GSW, and started 44 of them...that is consistent starter

even for us, he played in 42 games, but started 31 of them...that is consistent starter...he didn't start in 11 of them because he wasn't 100%

when he's healthy, he's a consistent starter and puts up great numbers, really helping his team...

such as end of december/early january this past season, when he was mostly healthy:

12/15: 19 points/11 assists/3 steals

12/16: 10 points/11 assists/4 steals

12/20: 12 points/8 assists/4 steals

12/22: 2 points/9 assists/1 steal

12/27: 11 points/7 assists/8 steals

12/29: 5 points/5 assists/5 steals (24 mins)

12/31: 6 points/8 assists/2 steals

01/05: 18 points/5 assists/2 steals

01/06: 9 points/6 assists/5 steals

01/09: 12 points/3 assists/1 steal (6 rebounds)

01/10: 4 points/3 assists/2 steals (18 mins)

then back on injury list

notice i didn't cherry pick games...all those games are in a row during his 'mostly-healthy' stretch

the hawks say they are gonna get him to 90% for next season this summer; if they accomplish that, we wanna keep him...if they can't, we wanna trade him