• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sun Yue

BusBoyIsBack

Just because players look good/dominant overseas does not mean that they will be good players in the NBA. It is a totally different game in the US. As much as like Yi's Talent is much like a Dirk type then anything a guy who plays on the wing but not the post. We need a low post prescene and what if this guy doesnt pan out in the NBA we are doomed. We need to win now we dont have any 1st rounders next year and alot of our guys will be free agents soon. I personally am against taking any player will take years to develop arent we based that stage already. How many young guys do you wanna develop here I think we have our share. A Franchise PG and Center is all we need.

Very good points "Smoove". I agree with the fact that the Hawks need to win next year and make a serious push for the play-offs. This young talent won't be here forever, and unless we show significant strides, they will jump ship. That, and we don't have a first round pick next year, it's obvious. We need Conley and a big. Not another project.

• Moderators

Quote:

Obviously I wouldn't take this guy over the big 3.

But I wouldn't mind trading our future 2nd round pick to take this guy as a project PG.

He could be a bigtime upgrade over the PG by committee we have now coming off the bench

Why do you think he would be a "bigtime upgrade" over Speedy, Lue and AJ?

I know nothing about the guy other than two things:

(1) he is projected to go either at the very end of the second round (58th by nbadraft.net for example); and

(2) China guards have sucked nuts in international play and it has been a source of frustration for years that they have not been able to get the ball into Yao, Yi and others.

Quote:

Quote:

But I wouldn't mind trading our future 2nd round pick to take this guy as a project PG.

He could be a bigtime upgrade over the PG by committee we have now coming off the bench

(1) he is projected to go either at the very end of the second round (58th by nbadraft.net for example); and

(2) China guards have sucked nuts in international play and it has been a source of frustration for years that they have not been able to get the ball into Yao, Yi and others.

Because Lue is TERRIBLE.

And it's hardly a risk using a 2nd round pick on a guy who could potentially play the 1-3.

1155095081_b.jpg

http://www.nbadraft.net/2007predraftcamp003.asp

Aran Smith

Sun Yue rebounded after a rough first night with a solid day and play in the night cap. He has shown a solid ability to anticipate steals and make passes despite lacking touches. He has made the most of his chances opportunities with 7 points on 3-5 shooting,

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/c...tf-main-sports

Taurean Green

There's a guy from China on our team (Sun Yue). He knows English pretty well, so it's not hard to communicate, and he's really surprised me with his shots. He's got a quick release. I thought he did pretty well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...draft.day.one/

Chris Ekstrand

There was the nifty bounce pass into the post by China's Sun Yue, expertly delivered at the proper height and to the proper hand of Ali Traore of the Ivory Coast for a score.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_22153.shtml

Travis Heath

Chinese guard Sun Yue gave a solid performance on Wednesday. Yue originally declared for the draft lottery last season but withdrew his name from consideration after realizing he wasn't yet ready. This year, he looks ready and could very well end up being a second round selection. Yue was not spectacular in any one area, but he was consistent and didn't make mistakes. He has a good jumper with range that extends beyond the arc. He's also a smart player who seems to be a quick study on both ends of the floor...

ESPN INSIDER

CHAD FORD

Sun was the biggest surprise here. Expectations were very low, but everyone was impressed with how he handled himself on the floor.

He slashed, spotted up and even played a little point forward at times. He actually plays the point for his ABA team, but at 6-foot-9, it's unlikely he'll play the position in the pros.

Almost every executive I spoke with mentioned him. You can't ask for more than that on your first day.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2089

Mike Schmidt

An intriguing prospect who has gained notoriety playing in the ABA, Sun Yue displayed some good potential during his first game today. Yue possesses a very good handle, and plays a very cerebral style of basketball which leads to a number of positive plays for his team.

Yue must improve his shooting mechanics before he will be taken seriously at the NBA level, and his release point must become more consistent. He also lacks the ideal athleticism for the NBA, as he proved on a drive to the basket where his lay-up attempt was sent back by Russell Carter. He still managed to make a number of nice dishes while attacking the hoop, but it’s tough to project him to the NBA at this point in time. Sun Yue will certainly attract the attention of some NBA decision makers, and could be an interesting candidate to draft in the second round and send to the D-League.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because Lue is TERRIBLE.

And it's hardly a risk using a 2nd round pick on a guy who could potentially play the 1-3.

I think Lue would have been an upgrade on China's guards in international play but talking about a 2nd round pick is not unreasonable if BK sees something he really likes. Bear in mind, he would have to show me more than our other overseas 1-3 project.

From the articles you linked, I seriously doubt he will ever play PG in the NBA and it is hard to see him getting minutes the next few years at GF here.