• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Memphis and Conley

thesheedera

• Premium Member

Memphis, Milwaukee, and Sacramento are the teams who have long-term needs for a pass-first PG.

I read recently that Gasol may have rescinded his demand for a trade out of Memphis, so in that case a PG would make sense for the Grizzlies.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If we don't take Conley at 3, will Memphis grab him at 4?

Assuming Memphis would not take him at 4, how far down (or "up", whatever) do we think we would need to go to justify grabbing Conley?

My thinking is if we don't take Conley at 3, Portland will be calling Memphis INSTANTLY trying to get him. I think Conley is a LOCK for the top 5 whether we pick him or not.

Atlas is right 100%. Conley is going in the top 5. I think to Memphis because they need a PG and they have their front line set...Gasol, Gay, Warrick, and Miller.

Remember, the team that picks directly behind us in the lottery ALWAYS takes the loot.

I think Conley will be a Grizzlie and I think we will all watch as Yi struggles with the NBA...been there and done it.

Quote:

Why does it matter?

If we don't take Conley at 3, it won't matter if he goes 4, 5, or 6, he won't be available.

I'm trying to figure out how far down we would need to drop to get him. Not everyone's convinced that Acie Law is a PG, so to many, who cares when Acie Law will be available, we don't need another combo guard.

So if we traded down to the 5th or 6th pick, he could very well be gone already. So he's a sure-fire top 5 pick?

If that's true, then how is he a stretch at #3? We couldn't get him any later than 3 anyway.

I understand the idea that Yi could be a higher value player at 3, but if you don't assign to the thought that Law and Crit are reasonably close in value to Conley, then it's moot anyway. We need a legit PG, Conley and Crit are the only ones in this draft that look like legit PGs, how can we be absolutely certain that either of them will be there at 11?

What if they both go top ten, and we're left out in the cold again without a PG or a center?

I go with the bird in the hand I think. Get the sure fire starting quality PG and go for a big at 11. I'd rather hope for a big at 11 than hope for a PG at 11. It's possible that we get screwed either way.

Memphis will not pick him!!! I mean do you think their stupid enough to pass on a Brandan Wright, Yi, Brewer, Horford, over Conley. Remember they picked a PG last year in Kyle Lowery, and they are not going to give up on him after one year. Their rebuilding and next year theres a crop load of PG way better than Conley. So it'd be best to take BPA this year, and get your PG of the future next year, if Lowry doesn't pan out.