• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is why people like Acie Law...

mrhonline

Quote:

No, Law IS talking. Talk is cheap. When you talk you are trying to trump yourself up BEFORE you prove anything.

His best course is to keep his trap shut and deliver on the court. He isn't Magic Johnson or Isaih.

In his situation, he needs to just play ball. There have been a lot of players whose bodies couldn't cash the check delivered by their big mouths. If he is that good and the best PG...show it. Then we will all know he is the one.

Maybe that's why he says he wants to prove it in workouts.

You Conley huggers are funny.

Your boy Conley doesn't even have the testitcular fortitude to put his draft stock on the line and neither should he.

I s this a post making excuses for Conley? I think the whole idea is that Law is better and should be the guy we target. Why pick Conley at 3 if your making excuses for him already. Law is nba ready and clearly the better player. WE DONT NEED ANOTHER PROJECT.

Bus, where do you see Conley saying he won't workout against Law?

Again, your just thick in the head. READ WHAT I SAID.

I said Law should not talk about it. I said he should just DO it. If he is a better man than Conley or Crittenton or anybody then just show it head up. I said talk is cheap. I said just shut up and play. Don't SAY you want to prove it, just prove it. Guys who talk before they accomplish are weak. Go do something great and then talk.

Testicular fortitude? The dude you have been touting for a solid week is not even willing to take a physical let alone go head up with anybody. He has no balls period. YOUR BOY.

NJHawk, I never have any idea where your coming from. None. A typical insightful post from you is to start a thread saying that Solomon needs to eat more fatburgers. Great insight man. You need to watch ESPNews because you do a lot of talking out of your crack.

from draftnet

Acie Law

Q: What teams are you scheduled to work out for?

A: LA Clippers, Atlanta Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks and Chicago Bulls.

Q: Do you know who you are going to match up against?

A: Atlanta is going to bring in me and Conley, Milwaukee as well. The Clippers are bringing in me and Crittenton.

Q: What do you think of this point guard class?

A: Guys that are in are very talented but not a lot of great point guards, just a few.

Q: Do you have the ability to be a true point guard that distributes?

A: I think that the team I was on called for me to score, but I have the ability to run the show as a point guard for sure. I can do whatever a team needs

There we go. That's what we need to see.

I think things could be a toss-up in individual drills. Law will shine in the shooting drills, Conley in the quickness and athleticism drills.

In a one-on-one matchup, I think Conley prevails. Law, who won't be labeled as a great defender, doesn't have the quickness to stay with Conley. Conley has enough lateral quickness to stay with Law. If Law can knock down jumpers from deep, fine, but I'd be more impressed with the guy who can get where he wants.

I'm curious to know if they'll bring in a few extra guys just for a comparison, or to get a 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 game going. If I recall correctly, didn't Ivey work out with Harris and Gordon for us in 2004?

Conley played real good d in that national title game. lol Not to mention he was shut down by Drew Lavender in that Xavier game until over time. In about 3 years Conley may be a rich mans T.J. Ford. Law will be a Billups, Baron Davis type. Law and JJ in the backcourt would be unbeliveable. I just hope he is still there at 11.

• Premium Member

I think the problem with Conley is that he lacks real pro size AND people forget that when you have a big like Oden, you can play loose on defense.

Everyday, Law walked the line alone.. Law was everything his team needed at the time. Law and JJ would be Great!!

Gee if Crit is another target for the Hawks why in the $ell don't the Hawks bring him in and scrimmage vs Law and Conley to see the differences? Just plain stupid by the Hawks. When they do bring Crit in it will be against some lesser opponent making him look better.

Does BK have a BRAIN? hairpulling.gif

Quote:

I think the problem with Conley is that he lacks real pro size AND people forget that when you have a big like Oden, you can play loose on defense.

Everyday, Law walked the line alone.. Law was everything his team needed at the time. Law and JJ would be Great!!

I'm praying for that backcourt.... Crittenton has a huge upside, but this team doesn't need a non-NBA ready PG, it needs a leader at the position. Acie Law is that, whether or not he can jump as high as the next guy.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Gee if Crit is another target for the Hawks why in the $ell don't the Hawks bring him in and scrimmage vs Law and Conley to see the differences? Just plain stupid by the Hawks. When they do bring Crit in it will be against some lesser opponent making him look better.

Does BK have a BRAIN?
hairpulling.gif

No way Crittenton's agent would make it happen either. The chance to move up and play in Atlanta's familiar territory.

W

Quote:

Law better get a lot quicker in the next two weeks cause his defense is suspect and Conley is quick as hell. Talk is cheap. If you got something, shut your mouth and deliver it in person.

I don't want a talker. I want a player. All he did was stoke Conley. Law better get ready for an ass whooping cause I've seen his defense and it needs work. Thats why I'm for Conley....he plays D.

Wasn't "quickness" the reason that some had Chris Paul rated higher than Deron? Just sayin.