• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Halftime and its really ugly

Admin

This team is far more talented than the Hawks and maybe I am naive, but what is this thing they are doing passing the ball to eachother instead of just shooting it up whenever they touch it? I think maybe we need to get our players tested for allergies because they must be allergic to passing, unless its to the other team. Man Big Dog has a beautiful shot, but I am tired of seeing him get the ball on offense and nobody else even get the chance to touch it. Reef is the star of this team, not you Dog, please get that through your head. Reef, you need to step and let everyone know that this is your team.

Okay so we are down 14 at halftime and the Sonics are hitting every three they attempt and we are turning the ball over about 25% of the time. Will we have another of our usual quick comebacks only to lose by a few again? Nah, I really dont think we are talented enough to pull even with this Sonics team, or should I say we dont have enough heart and teamwork to get it done. I for one am tired of being disappointed, anyone else? Does anyone know if Vick can play SG? PG? Lets bring in Brooking to play PF and move Reef to the bench until he grows a pair. Maybe we can get Tony Martin and Shawn Jefferson to catch a pass? frown.gif

Is there ANY team that gets blown out more than

the Hawks?Denver probably doesn't get blown out

as much.What a bunch of trash.

What can you say?Every player on the roster is pure

trash and rejects that no other team wants.

Thank Pete.

When a team has flaws, they work to correct them. If they

can't correct them, then they do something to cover them

up so that they are not so obvious.

Like a good looking female. The tummy may be a bit too

large. She covers it loosely, not skin tight so that it shows.

She works her face makeup and hair so that this is what

your eyes are drawn to, you don't notice the tummy.

On the other hand, if she has a plain face and great figure,

the clothes will show off the figure so your eyes are drawn

there and not to the plain face.

Basketball teams work this same formula. You use your

assets as a positive and try to cover your liabilities so that

they are not noticeable. Dolfan is correct. We are sick

of seeing the same obvious flaws exposed, night after night.

The big turnover Hawks, The sleepwalking Hawks, The No

defense for the three Hawks, sloppy passing, poor spacing

and, oh yes, the 6 for 20, money in the bank jump shot

artist.

Could I do better? Heck no. I couldn't do half as well in

my prime. On the other hand, I don't earn millions of

dollars every year to preform like these Hawks do.

Before the trading deadline, someone came up with an idea,

which is now looking better and better and one which would

give us something to really look foreward to. It was:

Trade every player on the roster for draft picks. Don't take

any players in return. Surely, what we have now would be

worth a few solid second round picks in the future.

Sign the 12 best positional players, in other words, their

all star team, from the development league for the

remainder of the season. We could use some of the money

saved on salaries to shore up a very weak scouting department to evaluate the upcoming drafts, now that we

should have some picks.

This new team wouldn't win many games, if any, you say?

So what, neither does the one we have now. You can bet

that the new team would bring more energy and excitement

to the floor than what we see right now. If they lost, it

would be due to their lack of talent, not from effort.

These Hawks have the same flaws that they had at the beginning of the season. They are lost. They offer no

solution, they do nothing to cover the flaws or to find

something that works. Run the same plays at the same

pace and at the same time in each game.

We have heard the expression, when there is necessity to

move quickly, "Don't just stand there, do something!"

Hawks practice this same idea with their game plan, except

they move the words around so that, when they do it, it

comes out, "Don't just do something, stand there!"

I have a little revision to the trading off everyone thing. You said something about excitement from an all new roster. I believe this would not only be exciting, but also, very substancial for our future. If we would have done what Golden State did, which is not trading for top ranked players and making good decisions on draft day, we would be in a much better situation.

When you trade for a player who has grown with a team and became a star with that team they bring the attitude of that team with them. Reef was a star on a lacky team, but he was their star so they gave him the ball a lot more than he sees it here and probably in a better position (can't say truthfully because I never watched him in Vancouver). GRob became a star on a Bucks team full of shooters, so he'd get the ball a third or less of the time. This was also on a team that I felt was slow-minded (could this be George Karl-ball). Theo came from a very quick team that had one main scorer and good defenders around him.

My point is, they bring their teams attitude and their play from their previous team to a team that tells them to fit a new role. If you want someone to fit a role, you draft them and tell them this is how they need to play. It paid off a little with Terry being instructed to be a PG, in that he passes more. Problem is, he's still out of position. He's now more of a passer, but still a SG. You can change a young players game, but not his position.

So, we trade Reef, GRob, and Theo for draft picks. First position you draft for is PG. I don't care if he is short, we can make up for that with the defense we would play. Then, get a PF. I say this because I believe Nazr can fill the role for a year or until something better, not a star but maybe a rising one, comes along.

Fast team with potential, good. Slow team with different attitudes, bad.