• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two more guys to add to the mix at #3 from contact

Sothron

• Premium Member

This probably is not a huge shock but both Horford and Wright are being heavily considered (along with Yi who I already mentioned) at #3 if a trade does not take place for an established big man (or someone like Aldrdige). Front office expects predraft camps to really elevate some of the younger big men in scouts eyes and while a trade seems to be the more preferred option they have to look at possibly drafting a kid at #3 as well.

Yi still seems to be the quiet favorite at #3 and Critt at #11.

Expectation is that Portland will try and find a third team to convince the Hawks to take Randolph and Jack for #3 to acquire Conley to appease Oden. The third team will be to make salaries match and this *may* mean the departure of either Chill or Smoove, Marvin seems to be going nowhere. Same with Shellhead.

Media may say that Knight and the ownership situation may scare Knight off an unknown like Yi but Knight see in him what he saw in Gasol. He had no qualms on drafting Gasol and unless one of these other kids (like Horford or Wright) really impresses then Yi will remain the quiet favorite at #3 if a trade does not go through.

Obviously will update if more information comes my way.

If I had to bet I would say its 65/35 expecation within our FO that a trade will go down and we either move down in the draft or we get out entirely except for the #11 pick to take Critt.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I am under the impression they really expect Portland to find a third team and to coax the Hawks in adding a Chill or Smoove to the deal to get the third team to bite on matching salaries. We would apparently get a lottery protected first rounder for next year back from adding Chill or Smoove.

Knight has always been high on Gasol. If he could get him in a trade with the #3 I do believe he would do it. A Gasol in the hand is worth two Asian Gasol possibilities in the bush (Yi).

Quote:

This probably is not a huge shock but both Horford and Wright are being heavily considered (along with Yi who I already mentioned) at #3 if a trade does not take place for an established big man (or someone like Aldrdige). Front office expects predraft camps to really elevate some of the younger big men in scouts eyes and while a trade seems to be the more preferred option they have to look at possibly drafting a kid at #3 as well.

Yi still seems to be the quiet favorite at #3 and Critt at #11.

Expectation is that Portland will try and find a third team to convince the Hawks to take Randolph and Jack for #3 to acquire Conley to appease Oden. The third team will be to make salaries match and this *may* mean the departure of either Chill or Smoove, Marvin seems to be going nowhere. Same with Shellhead.

Media may say that Knight and the ownership situation may scare Knight off an unknown like Yi but Knight see in him what he saw in Gasol. He had no qualms on drafting Gasol and unless one of these other kids (like Horford or Wright) really impresses then Yi will remain the quiet favorite at #3 if a trade does not go through.

Obviously will update if more information comes my way.

If I had to bet I would say its 65/35 expecation within our FO that a trade will go down and we either move down in the draft or we get out entirely except for the #11 pick to take Critt.

I really don't want to see Randolph anywhere near Atlanta, I promise this franchise will regret it. And I'm not surprise Yi is pulling a Brandon Roy on the Hawks, he want to have a career in the NBA, not just a bad stint and minumum money. Roy is a future All Star with the Blazers, with the Hawks he probably would have been a role player, it will pay dividends for him in a few years, while if he was in Atlanta, he would just hope for the MLE. Players have to look for the best oppuntunies for themselves as well, they are gonna be the ones playing.

Quote:

Haven't heard much of Law. The only two points I'm hearing anything about that are being seriously talked about are Critt and Conley, in that order.

Wow !

If Law is passed over and is 3rd point guard taken he will come out like Gilbert Arenas.

Direspected with somthing to prove.

What ever teams takes Critt over Law will have Law's wrath to deal with every time they go against him.

Could BK be doing the opposite of what he did last year ? The guy he really likes he never talks abouts rather then the "Shelden Promise" issue happening again ?

I like Hoford at #3.

If Yi has the guts to work out vs,. Hoford I would be open to him too.

Wright is PF makes no sense to me.

Smith/PF is 21 and just put up:

16.4 PPG, 8.6 RBG, 2.88 BPG (2nd in NBA in blocks)

How are we not happy with that. There appears to be no hole at PF that need plugging. Burning a #3 on 210 llb PF would make me sick.

BK is playing it right though. ACT LIKE YOUR INTERESTED IN EVERYBODY. That is the only way to maximize trade value out of the #3 pick.

Quote:

I am under the impression they really expect Portland to find a third team and to coax the Hawks in adding a Chill or Smoove to the deal to get the third team to bite on matching salaries. We would apparently get a lottery protected first rounder for next year back from adding Chill or Smoove.

Knight has always been high on Gasol. If he could get him in a trade with the #3 I do believe he would do it. A Gasol in the hand is worth two Asian Gasol possibilities in the bush (Yi).

if the Hawks trade Smoove period then there is some major substance to the talk about him being a headcase. he's almost the best player on the team for christ's sake JJ included!

• Premium Member

Quote:

You said 65/35 in your estimation that we do a trade...What scenario do you see as the most realistic?

Portland then Memphis for Gasol and possibly Indiana for O'neal. They seem to be much more interested in a veteran PF/C (or a guy like Aldridge) acquisition than trading the pick for say a veteran point guard.

Quote:

I am under the impression they really expect Portland to find a third team and to coax the Hawks in adding a Chill or Smoove to the deal to get the third team to bite on matching salaries. We would apparently get a
lottery protected first rounder for next year back from adding Chill or Smoove

I think it's fair to say BK is the dumbest GM in sports history now. S, Why does he still have this job?

I really believe that is the way to go. Take the best player possible at 3, whoever that may be and then take the pg at 11 because we know for sure we will be able to get a good prospect at pg at 11.

I just cross my fingers and pray that we do not trade for Gasol or Randolph.

Quote:

Quote:

Haven't heard much of Law. The only two points I'm hearing anything about that are being seriously talked about are Critt and Conley, in that order.

Wow !

If Law is passed over and is 3rd point guard taken he will come out like Gilbert Arenas.

Direspected with somthing to prove.

What ever teams takes Critt over Law will have Law's wrath to deal with every time they go against him.

Could BK be doing the opposite of what he did last year ? The guy he really likes he never talks abouts rather then the "Shelden Promise" issue happening again ?

I like Hoford at #3.

If Yi has the guts to work out vs,. Hoford I would be open to him too.

Wright is PF makes no sense to me.

Smith/PF is 21 and just put up:

16.4 PPG, 8.6 RBG, 2.88 BPG (2nd in NBA in blocks)

How are we not happy with that. There appears to be no hole at PF that need plugging. Burning a #3 on 210 llb PF would make me sick.

BK is playing it right though. ACT LIKE YOUR INTERESTED IN EVERYBODY. That is the only way to maximize trade value out of the #3 pick.

What does his size have to do with his game, he plays bigger then his size. Most of his skills translate to the game as well as Durant, he the best prospect by far after Oden and Durant. I think the Marvin thing is still on your minds.

I would think that both Wright and Horford HAVE to be in the mix at #3.

I hope the Hawks won't trade Chillz (and CERTAINLY not Smoove) in a deal that nets us "only" Randolph and Jack. IF we take Randolph off Portland's hands (I have mixed feelings about Zebo), them geting rid of his big contract should be a large part of the deal. I MIGHT be able to warm up to a Zebo/Jack for #3/Wright/Speedy deal but if JJ gave it his blessing, I MIGHT do it.

I'm all for getting the best big man at #3 and drafting Critt with #11.

I just hope that Noah is in the mix for best big man. I see him as capable of being Tyson Chandler or Marcus Camby, with a great attitude, work ethic, and winning spirit.

I know a lot of people think he is too weak. That will change in time. A lot of people think he has no offense, but our need from the center position is rebounding and shot-blocking, not scoring. Plus, the workout reports on ESPN and draftexpress seem to indicate he has more of an offensive game than he displayed at Florida.

I'm not saying draft Noah hands down - just add him to the list of players to be evaluated for that spot. I predict he will entice BK more than Yi, Wright , or Horford.