• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two more guys to add to the mix at #3 from contact

Sothron

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Haven't heard much of Law. The only two points I'm hearing anything about that are being seriously talked about are Critt and Conley, in that order.

Wow !

If Law is passed over and is 3rd point guard taken he will come out like Gilbert Arenas.

Direspected with somthing to prove.

What ever teams takes Critt over Law will have Law's wrath to deal with every time they go against him.

Could BK be doing the opposite of what he did last year ? The guy he really likes he never talks abouts rather then the "Shelden Promise" issue happening again ?

I like Hoford at #3.

If Yi has the guts to work out vs,. Hoford I would be open to him too.

Wright is PF makes no sense to me.

Smith/PF is 21 and just put up:

16.4 PPG, 8.6 RBG, 2.88 BPG (2nd in NBA in blocks)

How are we not happy with that. There appears to be no hole at PF that need plugging. Burning a #3 on 210 llb PF would make me sick.

BK is playing it right though. ACT LIKE YOUR INTERESTED IN EVERYBODY. That is the only way to maximize trade value out of the #3 pick.

What does his size have to do with his game, he plays bigger then his size. Most of his skills translate to the game as well as Durant, he the best prospect by far after Oden and Durant. I think the Marvin thing is still on your minds.

What part of his game translates as well as Durant ?

I think I will go to the toilet to throw up now.

We have needs at PG and Center.

We have a glut of fowards under 24 years old.

What kind of sense is there in taking another young foward at #3 ? I see no rational responce possible.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

What kind of sense is there in taking another young foward at #3 ? I see no rational responce possible.

Durant is ANOTHER YOUNG FORWARD at a really repetitive position: SMALL FORWARD.

And people would have been salivating at the chance to get him.

What part of B.Wright's game translates? The fact that he's a physical freak of nature with a pterodactyl wingspan.

The guy shot 65%. I've never seen anything like that even among players who's offense is as limited around the basket as Wright's is.

Oden didn't even shoot that well and all he did was dunk and lay the ball up.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Haven't heard much of Law. The only two points I'm hearing anything about that are being seriously talked about are Critt and Conley, in that order.

Wow !

If Law is passed over and is 3rd point guard taken he will come out like Gilbert Arenas.

Direspected with somthing to prove.

What ever teams takes Critt over Law will have Law's wrath to deal with every time they go against him.

Could BK be doing the opposite of what he did last year ? The guy he really likes he never talks abouts rather then the "Shelden Promise" issue happening again ?

I like Hoford at #3.

If Yi has the guts to work out vs,. Hoford I would be open to him too.

Wright is PF makes no sense to me.

Smith/PF is 21 and just put up:

16.4 PPG, 8.6 RBG, 2.88 BPG (2nd in NBA in blocks)

How are we not happy with that. There appears to be no hole at PF that need plugging. Burning a #3 on 210 llb PF would make me sick.

BK is playing it right though. ACT LIKE YOUR INTERESTED IN EVERYBODY. That is the only way to maximize trade value out of the #3 pick.

What does his size have to do with his game, he plays bigger then his size. Most of his skills translate to the game as well as Durant, he the best prospect by far after Oden and Durant. I think the Marvin thing is still on your minds.

His offensive moves transfers just as well, even though Durant offense is much better, but on defense it goes that Wright is much the part over Durant.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe because Durant had arguably the most impressive freshman season in NCAA history. He was the CPOY as a FRESHMAN, he scored 26 ppg with 12 rebounds and 2 blocks. At 6'10 he already has a complete inside and outside game.

Wright's freshman season wasn't even COMPARABLE. He only averaged SIX rebounds, weighs 210, and can't score outside of 10 feet. This guy is going to foul out as soon as he hits the floor, and I wouldn't be surprised if he proves injury prone since he's so damn skinny.

Quote:

Noah's offensive game is very limited. I will puke if we get him.

JJ, Marvin, and Josh Smith have all shown that they are capable of getting 20 ppg. Which ever of the three PGs we get is going to score some. What we desparately need from the center position is height and long arms to cause rebounds, blocked shots, and altered shots. No one in the draft outside of Noah will give us that. I don't care if he doesn't score a point except dunks and put backs.

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe because Durant had arguably the most impressive freshman season in NCAA history. He was the CPOY as a FRESHMAN, he scored 26 ppg with 12 rebounds and 2 blocks. At 6'10 he already has a complete inside and outside game.

Wright's freshman season wasn't even COMPARABLE. He only averaged SIX rebounds, weighs 210, and can't score outside of 10 feet. This guy is going to foul out as soon as he hits the floor, and I wouldn't be surprised if he proves injury prone since he's so damn skinny.

He also shot SIXTY FIVE PERCENT which means if he just had 3/4 of as many shots as Durant he would have had absolutely sick numbers scoring wise.

Rashard Lewis would have been sensational too if he went to college.

So would have Josh Smith, Lebron, KG, Kobe, Dwight Howard

There's no way in hell Durant would have had a better season than those guys

• Premium Member

Quote:

He also shot SIXTY FIVE PERCENT which means if he just had 3/4 of as many shots as Durant he would have had absolutely sick numbers scoring wise.

It's not hard to shoot 65% when you don't take shots outside of dunking. Durant could've done the same thing. Durant played outside most of the time and still almost DOUBLED Wright's rebounds per game.

Quote:

You're saying all those guys would've been better then 26, 11 and 2 blocks in their freshman seasons? You know your argument is getting punked when you have to resort to assumptions and hypothetical situations.

Quote:

Quote:

It's not hard to shoot 65% when you don't take shots outside of dunking. Durant could've done the same thing. Durant played outside most of the time and still almost DOUBLED Wright's rebounds per game.

Quote:

You're saying all those guys would've been better then 26, 11 and 2 blocks in their freshman seasons? You know your argument is getting punked when you have to resort to assumptions and hypothetical situations.

Is it really a hypothetical?

Amare Stoudemire and Kevin Garnett can put up those stats in the NBA. They couldn't put them up in college?

Have you any idea how strong Dwight Howard is? How strong Lebron James is? Oden is physically mature for his age but he doesn't have the sheer power that Howard had. Howard would have physically abused the SEC

Lebron could have dunked on every play his college career.

Quote:

That's what I thought too.

But out of all the BCS schools, Roy Hibbert is the only guy who had a higher field goal percentage and he took 80 less shots

Not even Oden shot that well from the field and I know he had to have taken about as many dunks as Wright.

Quote:

Chris Richard shot 69% for the year for Florida! If he had only gotten the ball as much as Durant, he would have had super sick numbers!

Come on, you have to know better than to use this arguement. Why don't you just use some per 40 minutes stats to tell me that Speedy Claxton would be the best PG in the league if he was on the court more.

If Wright got the ball as much as Durant, there is no way he is going to shoot 65%. The only way to get him the ball more often would be to run plays for him, which would be much more difficult shots than he would be getting in the standard flow of the game. He would also get double teamed.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Is it really a hypothetical?

Yes. I don't see any of those players putting up 26 and 11 with 2 blocks in their FRESHMAN years. Certainly they could now. I think Lebron or Dwight would've had the best chance though.

Quote:

Not even Oden shot that well from the field and I know he had to have taken about as many dunks as Wright.

He also played one-handed for most of the year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sothron, for clarification sake, do your sources tell you that the Hawks are interested in Zach Randolph?

Or are they trying to pry away LaMarcus?

They want Aldridge as #1 but Portland is going to insist (so it is believed) on moving Randolph instead. What I don't know is if the Hawks will hold firm on demanding Aldridge instead.

Guest Walter

Quote:

if the Hawks trade Smoove period then there is some major substance to the talk about him being a headcase. he's almost the best player on the team for christ's sake JJ included!

Why is your FIRST and ONLY assumption that it would be Josh Smith's fault. Considering just how many moronic moves this front office has made, WHY would it be Josh Smith's fault if he's traded and the next object in a line of stupid personel decisions? This behavior is very hateful to a good player, prospect, and person and extremely cozy with the current front office. HIGHLY questionable, gsuteke. Highly questionable.

W

Methinks he is leaking this info on purpose to keep anyone from getting a read on him. It's the opposite of what happened last year.

What I'm getting from this inside info is that he could select any of 4 different players at the 3 spot. So if you are high on any particular one you will need to deal with the Hawks to make sure you get that player.

Possible?

Zbo

The only way in God's green earth Smoove gets traded is if he has major character issues...Otherwise, it would be stupid to trade him.

I think that's what he was trying to say, and I agree...Smoove has AMAZING potential...

He's more untouchable than JJ in my mind.

16.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, and 2nd in the league in blocks at the age of 21!!!

You don't trade that for almost anything.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Methinks he is leaking this info on purpose to keep anyone from getting a read on him. It's the opposite of what happened last year.

What I'm getting from this inside info is that he could select any of 4 different players at the 3 spot. So if you are high on any particular one you will need to deal with the Hawks to make sure you get that player.

Possible?

Zbo

I think its very possible and in fact most likely.

Guest Walter

Quote:

The only way in God's green earth Smoove gets traded is if he has major character issues...Otherwise, it would be stupid to trade him.

I think that's what he was trying to say

I wouldn't put anything past them. Even this. If JS has "character issues" I believe alot can be traced back to Woody's incompetence and JS' fire. I don't think you can justify under any circumstances keeping Woody over JS if that is the case. Woody should have been gone already.

W

He makes an interesting point that Horford only played 28 minutes a game and did not play a major role in the offense.

Siegel's Take: NBA Draft Power Forwards

May 27th, 2007 Duke, Florida, NBA Draft

By Shawn Siegel

Continuing this week's position analysis.. I present to you: the Power Forwards.

1) Brandan Wright - UNC - In lesser Drafts of recent memory, Wright would have been given serious #1 pick consideration. Now, its possible he could drop as low as 6 or 7. At pick #3, the Hawks will be scared from taking another young wing/forward, but they might regret it down the line. Wright's long arms simply get it done on the inside. Watching the NBA right now, there's so few legitimate guys who can catch the ball in the post area and score. The NBA's all jumpers, dunks, or lay ups. Wright, with added size and muscle, brings a skill set to the table that just about every NBA team outside of the Spurs needs right now.

2) Al Horford - Florida - There's two ways to look at Horford. He's a solid, but not spectacular player, who was able to put up numbers by being on such a stacked team. Or you see him as a guy who could have averaged 18-19 points and 12 boards a game if he was on a normal SEC squad. I see him as the latter. His 13 ppg and 9 rpg aren't that exciting. But he only played 28 mins a game, and was never force-fed the ball like other college stars. I see him maxing out as a 14 point, 8 rebound type player in the pros. That's better than most.

3) Yi Jianlian - Guangdong - I could sit here and BS about Jianlin.. but I really dont know what to expect here. Chad Ford has fallen in love in the past couple weeks, but that doesn't mean much. People will compare him to Yao for obvious reasons, but the comparison is false. He's more of the prototypical European power forward that we've seen often over the last decade. Which can work great, or work out disastrously. At worst he's another Nikoloz Tskitishvili, the 7-foot 240 pounder who was the 5th pick of the 2002 Draft. At best, who knows..

4) Joakim Noah - Florida - Remember when Noah was all the rage, a possible #1 pick? Now the average fan suddenly feels like Noah is overrated, a product of TV and the media. He's probably somewhere in the middle. Noah had a spotty, somewhat disappointing season, but what made him special before still persists. The intensity, the emotion, the good foot speed and shot-blocking abilities. The lack of strength/mass and offensive repertoire holds him back, but he also seems like one of the Draft's biggest locks. He's basically a glorified role player, but one that could be ready to play 25 mpg from day one

http://collegehoopsnet.com/new/blog_entry/...r_forwards40838