• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

CHAD FORD: Hawks love Wright/Crittenton

TexasPete

There you go...Imagine that. BK taking a long and athletic forward at #3. Critt is going at 11.

Ford said last year he broke the story about Shelden even though it made no sense. And the big story around Orlando is BK is in love with Brandan Wright and Critt. So much for top secret.

As Ford said, not only don't the Hawks have spots for them, both are projects and not ready yet. He asked how much longer Hawks fans can wait?

I believe him. I think BK can't help himself and isn't objective. He has a weakness for long and lean basketball players. I believe that he will select Wright and us keeping the pick will be a disaster because Wright is 2 years away with no position.

Yi is not even taking a physical and is being very selective in who he works out for. His agent doesn't want any part of certain teams and if your not on his workout list he doesn't want to play for you. The kid won't even take a physical. I doubt he works out for us.

Get ready for another BK colossal mistake with the lame ASG standing by watching him damage the franchise.

FWIW...If we do take Wright at 3 then BK is the worst poker player and professional GM in all of sports. Consistently letting on every year on day 2 of the camp is about as idiotic as anything I've ever heard. And it damages our position when he lets on who he is taking. Because unless someone wants Wright they won't move up and try to trade for our pick. This is embarrassing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

...Because unless someone wants Wright they won't move up and try to trade for our pick...

I know this is a stretch TP, but it could be a ploy to get trading interest from more teams (ones that covet Brandan). We already know Portland will deal for the 3 (Con). Maybe BK took poker lessons after last year's debacle. nol2.gif

I just read this on Chad Ford's blog. And he nailed it last year so I'm inclined to believe him. It makes sense because BK is in love with long and lanky players.

The Yi stuff is also interesting because Yi is going to discourage certain teams from taking him. He wants an up tempo team and if the style is not right he won't work out and he will discourage teams from taking him.

I cannot imagine him interested in ATL because of Woody, and BK won't take a guy who won't even work out for him. I'd say Yi is a longshot because D-Head BK is already finished picking again.

Quote:

There you go...Imagine that. BK taking a long and athletic forward at #3. Critt is going at 11.

Ford said last year he broke the story about Shelden even though it made no sense. And the big story around Orlando is BK is in love with Brandan Wright and Critt. So much for top secret.

As Ford said, not only don't the Hawks have spots for them, both are projects and not ready yet. He asked how much longer Hawks fans can wait?

I believe him. I think BK can't help himself and isn't objective. He has a weakness for long and lean basketball players. I believe that he will select Wright and us keeping the pick will be a disaster because Wright is 2 years away with no position.

Yi is not even taking a physical and is being very selective in who he works out for. His agent doesn't want any part of certain teams and if your not on his workout list he doesn't want to play for you. The kid won't even take a physical. I doubt he works out for us.

Get ready for another BK colossal mistake with the lame ASG standing by watching him damage the franchise.

FWIW...If we do take Wright at 3 then BK is the worst poker player and professional GM in all of sports. Consistently letting on every year on day 2 of the camp is about as idiotic as anything I've ever heard. And it damages our position when he lets on who he is taking. Because unless someone wants Wright they won't move up and try to trade for our pick. This is embarrassing.

I would love Law over Crit, but as long as Wright is taken I see this team really wants to win in the near future and the future is finally blight in the Atlanta.

You could be right. But, remember what his track record is right? Remember the kind of player he likes. He probably thinks Wright can be a new kind of center or some crap.

I think this report is right up BKs alley. He doesn't know how to play games like most GMs. He does not know how to bluff.

Quote:

For the last time, Crit is a project no question, but WRIGHT isn't. I watch enough of his tapes to know that I'm right about him, unless injury which could happen to anyone.

Quote:

You could be right. But, remember what his track record is right? Remember the kind of player he likes. He probably thinks Wright can be a new kind of center or some crap.

I think this report is right up BKs alley. He doesn't know how to play games like most GMs. He does not know how to bluff.

BK track record is not good by any chance, and that something everyone agrees with, no matter who he draft I don't see that changing in one night. It takes time and good decisions. And Wright is not going to be a Center, I didn't see that in his game at all. I only see two Centers in this draft and that's Hawes and the almighty Oden.

Quote:

Quote:

For the last time, Crit is a project no question, but WRIGHT isn't. I watch enough of his tapes to know that I'm right about him, unless injury which could happen to anyone.

Are you retarded? Wright is a skinny 210lb. 19yr. old freshman!!! Of course he is a project and he didn't even do that good in his first year at UNC. Your delusional

Quote:

Wright is an NBA project...period. He can't score outside 10 feet and he will get abused in the paint at 210.

he can score outside of 10 ft, he not really good outside of the 10 ft but he can score. College is a little different then the NBA. In the NBA post man are usual open in the regular season to shoot the 10-15 footer at least 3-5 times a game and he can make them on occasions. He not great at it, but he effective enough. As for getting abused, few teams play the Hawks phyiscal, FEW, I don't think he will be big problem since he so athletic and plays bigger then his size. It could affect him in the middle of the season when rookies tend to lag a little.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Are you retarded? Wright is a skinny 210lb. 19yr. old freshman!!! Of course he is a project and he didn't even do that good in his first year at UNC. Your delusional

What you wrote either was flase or didn't have nothing to do with his play much rather just his size. Your delusional but looking at him and just assuming the kid is too skinny to play. He has alot of talent and skills which translates to this game, if he didn't I wouldn't waste my time defending him to you.

Quote:

If this is what happens then it is almost worst case scenario because it means the Hawks are acquiring two players who are years away from reaching their potential.

On the bright side it would give the BK apologists another two years to claim the team will be great once everyone matures.

Quote:

I am not the biggest BK fan, but I don't hate the guy. But if he takes Brandan Wright at #3 there will be some serious trouble in my household.

I mean, look at this guy's shoulders
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/brandan_wrigh...668-220x240.jpg

He looks like Solomon Jones for crying out loud. Actually, Solomon has TWENTY pounds on him.

Is it just me or does he look like someone on the hawks??

Excuse the 10 second MSPaint job, I don't have photoshop on this machine

wrightchillgx8.jpg