• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

CHAD FORD: Hawks love Wright/Crittenton

TexasPete

Quote:

Convince me why it is alright to take Conely 3 and take another wingplayer at 11?

I have posted this many times but i will post it again for the reading impaired.

We have holes at the point and at center. The ONLY way we can get a center is through a trade, and the top centers won't be available to us because WE DON'T HAVE A BIG MAN TO SEND THEM IN RETURN.

Therefore we take a pg at 3, filling one hole and then use the 11th pick in a deal to acquire a center.

This has been a recording.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This Wright rumor from Ford is very distressing. I know Wright had a good ACC tourney but the times I watched NC play Wright was mostly invisible. Hansbrough made much more of an impact in those games than did Wright. We simply do not need a post player who lacks the aggressive mindset and physical strength to currently play the position. We do not have the time to wait on another long term project at the 3rd pick given our roster and overall franchise instability. I've had a bad feeling for some time that Wright might be BK's guy but I hope I am wrong.

The NBA game is made of athletecism and skill (whick Wright has), in college, you have to play within a system, which could hold a player back. example J.J Redick, he's a superstar in the college game, and a scrub in the NBA game. Iguodala average like 12 pts in college, but he was highly thought of because of his athletic ability and skills.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The NBA game is made of athletecism and skill (whick Wright has), in college, you have to play within a system, which could hold a player back.

The only thing a team could hold you back from is scoring. His team has nothing to do with his lack of a jumpshot, his poor FT shooting, him only being 210, his poor rebounding, and his less then stellar defense.

Quote:

The NBA game is made of athletecism and skill (whick Wright has),

A big part of athleticism, especially for a post player, is strength. Wright doesn't have it.

And almost every quality post player can make midrange jump shots, which Wright can't do.

Guest Walter

Quote:

For once, I think Ford hit it on the head. If this were 3 years ago, I could see us passing on Conley to gamble on the future potential of Wright / Crittenton, but not at this point in rebuilding

Just because we're year's into it doesn't mean we're far along. That's just how bad BK has been. WE were the 4th losingest team last year. Our top 2 players don't measure up. We aren't far along in our rebuilding!!! Got it. Years do NOT matter.

W