BusBoyIsBack

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

"I really think as he gets stronger and as those mechanics are worked on this guy is going to be a scoring machine. "

Strength shouldn't have to do with anything on your shot, if anything the stronger you are the worse your shot usually is, at least for a big man. A nice touch and shot are 2 different things. I guess I should of said jumpshot. He puts way to much ark on the ball for being 6'9. He shoots it like he less than 6 feet tall. He seems like the guy that never worked on his shot growing up, just played a lot of pick up games with his friends and developed some decent moves.

I mentioned strength because it will help him absorb contact and finish strong.

I said he will work on his shot by improving his mechanics

If Conley can fix his jumper so can Wright. Not like Wright even needs that much range. He just needs a consistent baseline jumper and a midrange jumper.

Quote:

This strength is what will disappear at the NBA level. 210 lb PFs can't post up in the NBA. Bigger men don't allow them to get position anywhere near the paint and push them all the way out to the 3 point line if they want to. That's the problem. He won't be able to use his only skills until he SERIOUSLY bulks up to the point where he can hold his own in the post at the NBA level.

So you don't think someone as small as Wright went up against players bigger than him before?

Im sure he always goes up against someone who weighs more than him.

That's the point, it's not about how much you weight when it comes to getting position.

As someone mentioned SPencer Hawes is a heck of a lot bigger but he doesn't get on the block nearly as often as Wright.

That's because it's a skill!.

You say big men won't let him get down there, HE CAN BEAT THEM TO THE SPOT! Or he can find a hole in a defense when a teammate of his drives to the lane. It's what he does.

His FG% isn't an accident, he is mature beyond his years in finding holes in the D.

You act like they can hold his arm and he has to use strength to break free. There is limited space along the paint but there are players who are great at maneuvering along the post.

As far as Jeff Green abusing Wright, Jeff Green is a SMALL FORWARD. I think Jeff Green could blow by Greg Oden too if he had to defend him on the perimeter.

THAT'S why Yi Jianlian is still on my want list. Although he's not a pure post player, he can simply blow by people at his position.

Quote:

I've asked this before, but name the last SUCCESSFUL 210 post player who had no shot outside of 8 feet who was successful in the NBA.

There probably wasn't a successful post player that thin PERIOD before Bosh.

But this league is changing, there will be a lot of unprecedented things.

A decade ago and you would want your PF the size of Tim Duncan. Today Duncan is considered a massive C.

Today there is a guy by the name of Brandan Wright who had a Freshman season that rivaled the season of those two players.

I think I'll take my chances with this guy setting another precedent.

Im not saying he'll be an all-star next year because obviously he has to get stronger and refine his baseline and mid-range skills.

I just think it's hilarious some of you act like this guy can't develop a 15 foot jumper yet you all think Conley will learn how to shoot beyond the NBA 3 point marker with ease.

First, you were yapping about how Yi could be our Center (LOL by the way), and now you want the Hawks to take a pure PF when we already have Smoove and Shelden at that position?

Do you have any concept of filling needs at all?

We don't NEED a 210 lb Power forward...WE NEED A CENTER AND A POINT GUARD.

And since Wright is neither a PG or a C (PLEASE tell me you don't think he can play C in the NBA), I don't want him.

In a week, you'll be carrying on about how WE NEED Horford, then the next week it will be Noah, and on and on and on.

Quote:

First, you were yapping about how Yi could be our Center (LOL by the way), and now you want the Hawks to take a pure PF when we already have Smoove and Shelden at that position?

And since Wright is neither a PG or a C (PLEASE tell me you don't think he can play C in the NBA), I don't want him.

In a week, you'll be carrying on about how WE NEED Horford, then the next week it will be Noah, and on and on and on.

Yi, Horford, Noah, or Wright, it doesn't matter.

Well preferrably Yi or Wright because of their upside but the bottom line is we need more talent IN THE POST.

If there was a C prospect OBVIOUSLY they would be the first choice.

But the last time I checked Roy Hibbert IS NOT IN THE DRAFT.

Greg Oden IS A LOCK FOR A TOP 2 SPOT.

So if we can't get a pure C we better get the next best thing in a PF/C prospect.

Funny how you people against the PF/C prospects are always bashing them but I don't see you with a real alternative.

If getting a C is so easy, who are we going to get?

What quality C are we going to land with our 3rd pick?

And I KNOW you don't think we're going to get a good one with the 11th pick.

Quote:

So you don't think someone as small as Wright went up against players bigger than him before?

He's gone up against bigger boys. He will fail against men.

Quote:

You say big men won't let him get down there, HE CAN BEAT THEM TO THE SPOT!

And unless we're talking about a fast break, his man will meet him there and then flat out push him out.

Quote:

Or he can find a hole in a defense when a teammate of his drives to the lane. It's what he does.

Fair enough. But this is not post-up offense. It's moving without the ball. Childress does this too, but would get pushed out to the 3 point line if he attempted to post up.

Quote:

Quote:

Yi, Horford, Noah, or Wright, it doesn't matter.

Well preferrably Yi or Wright because of their upside but the bottom line is we need more talent IN THE POST.

If there was a C prospect OBVIOUSLY they would be the first choice.

But the last time I checked Roy Hibbert IS NOT IN THE DRAFT.

Greg Oden IS A LOCK FOR A TOP 2 SPOT.

So if we can't get a pure C we better get the next best thing in a PF/C prospect.

Funny how you people against the PF/C prospects are always bashing them but I don't see you with a real alternative.

If getting a C is so easy, who are we going to get?

What quality C are we going to land with our 3rd pick?

And I KNOW you don't think we're going to get a good one with the 11th pick.

Easy, take Conley with the #3 pick and take Hawes if he's there at 11...If not, package the 11 with a player or two and trade for a veteran defensive presence at C.

And for the love of God, Brandan Wright is NOT a PF/C!!! He is a lightweight PF, HE CANNOT PLAY CENTER!!! Neither can Yi!

Yi is a SF/PF, Wright is a PF, Horford is a PF/C (depending on how tall he measures out to be, I suspect 6'9, in which case, I don't think he could play C).

Hawes is a legit C...7'0, big body, and HE PLAYS LIKE A CENTER!

Quote:

Fair enough. But this is not post-up offense. It's moving without the ball. Childress does this too, but would get pushed out to the 3 point line if he attempted to post up.

When have you seen a player get pushed FORWARD all the way way to the 3 point line when attempting to post up a player? I've never seen anyone even get pushed forward 3-4 feet.

That's not what happens when a player is stronger than another player.

What happens is that the player attempting to post up, CAN'T GO BACKWARDS. It's like they are going up against a wall.

The NBA has these rules called LOOSE BALL FOULS which is why you can't just steam roll a player over.

These are rules that give advantage to the player who has the best positioning.

It's also the point behind the OVER THE BACK rule. That is another one designed to reward the player with the best positioning.

Once Wright gets position, and extends his arm for the ball there is nothing to worry about except maybe his free throw shooting because that defender is through.

Quote:

Easy, take Conley with the #3 pick and take Hawes if he's there at 11...If not, package the 11 with a player or two and trade for a veteran defensive presence at C.

And for the love of God,

Yi is a SF/PF, Wright is a PF, Horford is a PF/C (depending on how tall he measures out to be, I suspect 6'9, in which case, I don't think he could play C).

Spencer Hawes????

You guys laugh at all these talented big men and Spencer Hawes is supposed to be the guy?

Definitely needs to bulk up more for life in the paint in college. He needs to develop alternate post moves. He lacks great quickness. He will occasionally settle for taking outside shots instead of attacking from the post. His rebounding skills could be improved. Spencer is not an amazing athlete and has trouble with smaller quicker opponents. He could improve his overall defense.

So let me get this straight, not only is Hawes another guy who has to bulk up, he has limited post moves, doesn't even at least have the lateral quickness like these other guys, he settles for outside jumpers like one of these guys who's considered a SMALL FORWARD by the Conley lovers, his rebounding skills ALSO need work unlike a couple of prospects like Horford, his overall defense needs some work, AND he's an inferior athlete to probably all of them.

And this is our guy lol?

A guy with just as much defensive deficiencies if not more than the other prospects, isn't even a better post player offfensively than a few of the other prospects, AND a guy who's a worse athlete than all of them.

Yep sounds like a plan to me. uglyhammer.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

name the last SUCCESSFUL 210 post player
who had no shot outside of 8 feet
who was successful in the NBA.

So in other words, you expect Brandan Wright to be the Christopher Colombus of 210 PFs?

Quote:

So in other words, you expect Brandan Wright to be the Christopher Colombus of 210 PFs?

Is that such a crazy idea with the way the NBA is changing?

Wasn't Bosh a Christopher Colombus of 210 PFs?

I can't name another one his size before he came into the league.

I know KG was small but I don't think he was that small.

Bosh succeeds so we have to change the criteria to players with a jumpshot.

Well I think Wright is going to emphatically dunk on/reject that criteria.

Sure maybe he will have to bulk up to 230 before he's ready to do so, but I wouldn't count on him failing, I really wouldn't.

Quote:

Quote:

And for the love of God,

Spencer Hawes????

You guys laugh at all these talented big men and Spencer Hawes is supposed to be the guy?

Definitely needs to bulk up more for life in the paint in college. He needs to develop alternate post moves. He lacks great quickness. He will occasionally settle for taking outside shots instead of attacking from the post. His rebounding skills could be improved. Spencer is not an amazing athlete and has trouble with smaller quicker opponents. He could improve his overall defense.

So let me get this straight, not only is Hawes another guy who has to bulk up, he has limited post moves, doesn't even at least have the lateral quickness like these other guys, he settles for outside jumpers like one of these guys who's considered a SMALL FORWARD by the Conley lovers, his rebounding skills ALSO need work unlike a couple of prospects like Horford, his overall defense needs some work, AND he's an inferior athlete to probably all of them.

And this is our guy lol?

A guy with just as much defensive deficiencies if not more than the other prospects and a guy who's a worse athlete.

Yep sounds like a plan to me. uglyhammer.gif

Hawes and Oden are the only two pure C's in the draft...He has to bulk up??

That's funny with you touting Brandan Wright and all 210 lbs of him...Hawes is 7'0 255...Sure he needs to get a little stronger, most rookies do...He's much closer than Wright to being at the weight he needs to be though.

And the best part of this is, HE CAN BE HAD AT 11...We don't have to take him at 3...At 3 we can fill our need of PG (a need we have had for a LONG time) with the best PG in the draft.

When the draft comes around, I GUARANTEE you that everyone will be saying Conley is a top 5 pick...There is NO WAY he drops past 5...I'll bet you as much money as you want.

Is Law or Crit that highly regarded? No. Conley definitely has the most potential of the three...Very few people would argue otherwise.

Why waste the #3 pick on a position where we already have Smoove and Shelden? When would Wright EVER play? When would Yi EVER play?

Why use the #3 pick on a back-up? Or someone who has proven a whole hell of a lot less than the starters at those positions (SF and PF) and also does not have the same potential??

Makes no sense to me.

uglyhammer.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wasn't Bosh a Christopher Colombus of 210 PFs?

How many times have we beat this down your throat? BOSH HAD A JUMPER, he was also an inch taller and averaged over 9 rebounds per game. He also weighed in at 225 predraft, do you just make these things up?

http://collegebasketballnews.scout.com/2/115362.html

Quote:

Sure maybe he will have to bulk up to 230 before he's ready to do so, but I wouldn't count on him failing, I really wouldn't.

Thank you, he is a project.

Quote:

That's funny with you touting Brandan Wright and all 210 lbs of him...Hawes is 7'0 255...Sure he needs to get a little stronger, most rookies do...He's much closer than Wright to being at the weight he needs to be though.

And the best part of this is,
HE CAN BE HAD AT 11
...We don't have to take him at 3...At 3 we can fill our need of PG (a need we have had for a LONG time) with the best PG in the draft.

When the draft comes around, I GUARANTEE you that everyone will be saying Conley is a top 5 pick...There is NO WAY he drops past 5...I'll bet you as much money as you want.

Is Law or Crit that highly regarded? No. Conley definitely has the most potential of the three...Very few people would argue otherwise.

Why waste the #3 pick on a position where we already have Smoove and Shelden? When would Wright EVER play? When would Yi EVER play?

Why use the #3 pick on a back-up? Or someone who has proven a whole hell of a lot less than the starters at those positions (SF and PF) and also does not have the same potential??

Makes no sense to me.

uglyhammer.gif

Ok I don't even know where to begin

1st of all, Hawes is touted as a C but as you can see his defensive deficiencies, deficiencies in the post offensively, and overall lack of athleticism doesn't scream STARTER.

You say he's closer to Wright? Yeah he's closer to the ideal weight for his position but he can't play D nor does he do a good job establishing position. That's not about weight. How many times does that have to be said?

You say Conley is regarded as a top 5 pick?

He wouldn't sniff a top 5 pick in any other draft, but I bet you Javaris Crittenton would. LMAO at saying Conley has more upside.

Do you know the reason Conley is ranked higher, it's because Javaris looked rawer than a spring chicken in his tournament game and Conley's team went to the Championship game.

Will Conley be a better pro? Possibly. But no way does Conley have more upside.

Oh and you want to talk about drafting a guy to be a backup, guess what that guy would be Hawes! He is not even better than what we have now in Zaza Pachulia. What a waste of a pick

Meanwhile Crittenton could be a top notch PG in this league. That's a helluva lot better value than Hawes.

Quote:

Quote:

And the best part of this is,
HE CAN BE HAD AT 11
...We don't have to take him at 3...At 3 we can fill our need of PG (a need we have had for a LONG time) with the best PG in the draft.

Makes no sense to me.

uglyhammer.gif

Ok I don't even know where to begin

1st of all, Hawes is touted as a C but as you can see his defensive deficiencies, deficiencies in the post offensively, and overall lack of athleticism doesn't scream STARTER.

You say he's closer to Wright? Yeah he's closer to the ideal weight for his position but he can't play D nor does he do a good job establishing position. That's not about weight. How many times does that have to be said?

You say Conley is regarded as a top 5 pick?

He wouldn't sniff a top 5 pick in any other draft, but I bet you Javaris Crittenton would. LMAO at saying Conley has more upside.

Do you know the reason Conley is ranked higher, it's because Javaris looked rawer than a spring chicken in his tournament game and Conley's team went to the Championship game.

Will Conley be a better pro? Possibly. But no way does Conley have more upside.

Oh and you want to talk about drafting a guy to be a backup, guess what that guy would be Hawes! He is not even better than what we have now in Zaza Pachulia. What a waste of a pick

Meanwhile Crittenton could be a top notch PG in this league. That's a helluva lot better value than Hawes.

You say Conley wouldn't sniff the top 5 in any other draft, but Crit would?!?!!?

THEN WHY IS CONLEY MORE HIGHLY RATED THAN HIM THIS YEAR?!?!?!

If Crittendon would be picked higher than him in another draft, then why isn't he ranked higher in THIS draft?

I honestly do not understand the things that go through your head.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I still don't know, what makes yall think he's not gonna gain weigh

Noone has said that, he will definitely gain weight. My point is that he's a PROJECT, he won't be able to contribute UNTIL he adds weight.