• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Brandan Wright Is A POST PLAYER

BusBoyIsBack

Quote:

Don't call him a swingman. Height doesn't make a swingman. Would anyone call Elton Brand a swingman? What about Paul Milsap?

I posted the interesting Brandan Wright stat on Real GM and these comments are well said:

"
Wright had a terrific Freshman year that rivaled or bettered Tim Duncan and Chris Bosh.
He is a future allstar PF... Guys dont appreciate post players anymore. All they know is the jumper and 3pt shot.

Brand out weighs by 50 pounds. Height + weight = the position you can play defensivly.

This Wright talk is just ridiculous !

The thing that fans don't realize: Brandan Wrights strength is his ability to establish position on the block and make himself available for the pass. Spencer Hawes (who I like) can't do this, and he is much bigger. He shoots a higher % than better shooters, because he knows how to play the Low post! That is not an accident... I hear guys that dont know basketball, say BWright is 6'9 and can't shoot from the perimeter. "And 'so and so' is 6'9 and can shoot from 19'9. Therefore the guy who can hit the jumper must be the better player". Thats false... Perimeter players are a dime a dozen. Post players are invaluable. They are more RARE."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic