• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Smith has played his last game as a Hawk

Admin

I would have never believed it but with all of the talk of him being on the block and not one (that I am aware of) word from the team that these reports are false leads me to believe that he is indeed on the block and has likely played his last game for us.

I believe that BK (and probably Woody) really like Shelden and Marvin. Both are very intelligent players who play within themselves and don't lose control on the court or in the locker room.

Personally I DO NOT want to trade Josh Smith. I believe that he has not yet reached his ceiling and will only get better. However, he might never be a smart enough player to make a difference on a championship caliber team. It seems that it is pretty easy to get into his head and that is something we can't continue to put up with.

With that in mind what I hope for is that we can move Smith for a young player and a future draft choice. Ideally I would like to see us get a young 5 (like Al Jefferson or Andrew Bynum) but that will be hard to come by. In that case I would like to see us get a talented full-size 2 guard that can backup JJ and even play with him at times with JJ at the 1. We need the ability to go big in the back court and play physical defense and that's something we cannot currently do without putting Childress at the 2 and losing perimeter shooting.

So, if the rumors are true that we are looking at Wright and Critt and if we are moving Smith this year, we could be looking like this next year.

Speedy/Lue/Critt/AJ

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chillz

Shelden/Wright/Lo

Jefferson/ZaZa/Jones

As I see it the only real deficiency on our team is a quality backup 2 guard. I like Salim if we don't have both Speedy and Lue (plus AJ) on the roster because he could play some at the 1 and not be such a defensive liability but I do not like him as the full-time backup to JJ. I think we need to look at spending our MLE on a veteran SG with size this year (Mo Pete, Deshawn Stevenson). I would be pretty happy with that lineup.

Bk has made some questionable move, but he never exactly made a stupid move, I know some people would say picking Shelden was stupid, but at that time we needed a big man who can anchor our defense, and we thought that what Shleden was, but that was wrong. Anyways J Smith is really the only player that attract people to watch the hawks, I really don't see them moving him from a management standpoint. Josh Childress, seems more likely to go.

u are making a ton of assumptions here

where is this talk? on message boards? internet 'news sites?'...since when does ownership/management comment on the latest message board rumors?

u are making a HUGE leap to say he's 'likely played his last game as a hawk'

how do u go from mb rumors of being 'on the block/not untouchable' not being answered in a few days by front office to >50% chance of being traded this summer?

He is most likely right though.

WHY draft a guy like Wright, when you already have Josh Smith and Sheldon at pf??

We already know that Marvin and Shelden are not going anywhere.

Josh will be a FA soon.Marvin and Shelden are a lot cheaper to keep.So Wright may be his replacement.

It's sad that a 21 year old can put 19/9/4/3 in the 2nd half of a season, could get tradeed because an GM want to draft nothing but forwards every year.

Someone put it best when they said, although BK has made some questionable moves he's never made a STUPID move and quite frankly getting rid of Josh Smith would be about as stupid of a move as you can make.

I give BK more credit than that.

I think if we get Wright, it will hurt the minutes of some players on this team without a doubt especially players hoping to get more like Shelden but no way we trade Smoove.

Too much popularity and too much fan support.

My goodness would that be a stupid decision. We have to pay that man the max contract and lock him up.

It could be an "insider request" after a good "rights reading"...just my guess.

Actually JSmoove is our best trading chip (with the 3 pick close behind).

If we could get Gasol for JSmoove and fillers I would jump up and down on the roof of the highest building it the ATL.

note: then get the best PG at #11.

Quote:

If we could get Gasol for JSmoove and fillers I would jump up and down on the roof of the highest building it the ATL.

Well if Smoove has to go then yeah I hope it's for Gasol. I love Smoove but my goodness would our team be sick if it looked like this:

Javaris Crittenton

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Brandan Wright

Pau Gasol

Quote:

Quote:

Well if Smoove has to go then yeah I hope it's for Gasol. I love Smoove but my goodness would our team be sick if it looked like this:

Javaris Crittenton

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Brandan Wright

Pau Gasol

I'm still thinking Bogut, he asking price won't be too high at all.

Gasol is overpaid and if he didn't want to be a Grizzle, then he wouldn't want to be a Hawk. BK really loves Bogut and that goes back to draft night a few years back. Bogut can be good with a PF who plays good to great help-side defense. BK is finally coming around.

Quote:

People don't realize how good Gasol is.

Tons better than any post player we have.
grin.gif

PG isn't a track and field athlete at 6'7 1/2" ...he is a SEVEN FOOT player who knows what the - #+*%* he is doing.

On offense true, but on defense he won't help us much and he doesn't want to be in Memphis, what makes you think he wants to be in Atlanta. Bogut is still on his rookie deal and has two years left, and was in a system in Mil that he didn't and will never fit, Atlanta would be a great fit for him if he draft Brandan Wright.

Quote:

the problem is....Gasoi is good....real good...proven good.

Gasol is a All Star level player true, not no marginal All Star like Al H. and Zach R. are. He legit, but he doesn't want to be in Atlanta and who said that Memphis wants to get rid of him with a new coach and new management as well.

Quote:

trust me

I watch more then enough basketball to trust myself.

Gasol is very good but the Hawks don't have a blue chance in hell of getting him.

Quote:

u are making a ton of assumptions here

where is this talk? on message boards? internet 'news sites?'...since when does ownership/management comment on the latest message board rumors?

u are making a HUGE leap to say he's 'likely played his last game as a hawk'

how do u go from mb rumors of being 'on the block/not untouchable' not being answered in a few days by front office to >50% chance of being traded this summer?

I was thinking the same thing. There are always a ton of rumored deals that never happen or rumored players on the block that never get traded. He may get traded, but I wouldn't be so certain.

I don't buy this. There's only been 1 legit trade rumor (for aldridge), and players' names come up all the time without their management denying it. Also, BK and the front office are notoriously quiet in public. As I can recall, they've only commented on a rumor once, to tell everyone that Woody was staying.

That's not to say that Smith won't be traded, but I don't read anything into our front office's typical silence.

If the Hawks pick Wright it will be the 3rd year in a row they have used a top 5 pick on someone to compete with Smith for minutes. It will also be the 3rd year in a row they have picked someone who won't help them right away.

A Wright/Crit draft means another losing season next year for sure. I know Smith is sick of losing.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Smith asks for a trade if they pick Wright, and i wouldn't blame him at all.