• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget Wright, Forget Conley, Forget Yi, this is

Diesel

• Premium Member

Yes and NO...

If Yi doesn't want to workout for us and the Government of China wants him to go to either GS or Chicago... then....

Yep.. I like Yi a lot. I think he's prolly the best prospect behind Durant.. but I wouldn't want anybody who didn't want to be in Atlanta.

I'm not sold on Wright. I've seen him play... I'm afraid of another Marvin story. Taken too early, not ready... HOwever, unlike Marvin, I think he would have the drive.. but this guy duplicates Smoove with less muscles.

However, Aldridge.. could be our PF/C. I think he and Shelden would actually make a good match in the frontcourt I would love to keep Smoove at Sf and have: Smoove, Aldridge, and Shelden!!!! and play 2-1-2 trapping zone... But Smoove may be used for the trade.. OH, How I wish it were Marvin/#3 for Sergio/Aldridge!!!

• Premium Member

I think you guys make too much about weight.

Dennis Rodman was probably the most feared PF and he weighed less than 218 for most of his career. and he was only 6'7"... I think you have to look at desire and ability. I'm not promoting Wright. I think he might be a good player.. but I'm just saying that you guys make too much out of weight. I mean for god Sakes, Larry Nance was only about 208 maybe 210 at best...

Chad Ford reports today that (gasp!) GM have been throwing various offers at Kevin Pritchard in hopes of getting their hands on the No. 1 pick:

No, he's not giving up the No. 1 pick in the draft, though I did hear from a good source that he's been offered two different All-Stars for the pick.

It appears he's trying to find a way to move a player (read: Zach Randolph) or two off the roster while simultaneously acquiring another draft pick. His goal is most likely not point guard Mike Conley, but one of the draft's elite small forwards. Corey Brewer is at the top of the list, but Pritchard also likes Jeff Green, Julian Wright and Al Thornton.

None of this surprises me and it probably doesn't surprise you either. I don't think Pritchard's credo of "best player available" changes after the first pick, and I'd be surprised if Conley Jr. was considered the BPA if either Brewer, Green, Wright or Thorton was still on the board.

Portland again is not trading Aldridge. It ain't happening. But they might trade Jack and a bunch of their 4 2nd rounders for the number 11 pick.