• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jared Jordan comparion to MCJ by GM at Orlando

Admin

<style>#textDiv{padding:0px 15px 15px 15px;}Legend{font-family:Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;color:#660000;margin:0px 5px 0px 5px;padding:0px;position:absolute;top:-7px;}Fieldset{font-family:Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;display:block;border:1px solid #cccccc;background-color:#efefef;margin:20px;width:700px;position:relative;padding:0px 10px 10px 10px;}</style><fieldset style="width:700px;padding-top:10px;"><legend>&nbsp;Quote:&nbsp;</legend><div id="textDiv">Jared Jordan, PG, Marist

8 points, 7 assists, 0 turnovers, 3-for-4 shooting

The biggest debate in the gym is about whether Jordan is an NBA player.

Jordan played another flawless game, and wowed observers with his court vision and pinpoint passes.

Many of the GMs and scouts I spoke with think that his lack of quickness and shooting ability doom him to playing in Europe or the NBDL. But a few believe he's worth a look in the late first round.

Said one longtime scout, "When Steve Nash played at the old Desert Classic in Phoenix, all the scouts said he couldn't guard anyone and was too little to be a NBA player. Ninety million dollars later and two MVPs, it shows you what we know. All I can say is that I'd rather have this kid, weaknesses and all, run my team than any other point guard in this draft -- including Mike Conley."

That's an extreme view, but it shows the disparity between the scouts who value production and the scouts who value tools.</div></fieldset>

• Premium Member

He's a decent PG. I think quickness and defense are a little overrated nowadays. Nash ain't exactly the best defender in the world if you get what I'm saying. If you can play, you can play. He has nice size and could be a decent backup in the league if he goes to the right team. The guy led the NCAA in assists two seasons in a row. I had the chance to see him on NBA TV and he looked good. He wasn't the fastest guy in the world but he wasn't a slow poke either. His greatest asset was his ability to make his somewhat mediocre teamates "look" better. Pure scorers and fast break type players would love him on their team. The problem is that I don't know where he would fit on this team with all the backup PG's we already have on the roster.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm not sure how someone could say that defense is overrated when the final three teams left are the #1, #2, and #5 defensive teams in the NBA.

Defense wins championships. Always has. Always will.

Is that all you got from my post? The post was about Jared Jordan, not my feelings about defense. Besides, I was thinking more about individual defensive prowess rather than team defense. Not every player in the league has to play D like Bowen in order to be effective at his position.