• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford Actually 6'10?

BusBoyIsBack

I got this from realGM board:

Leaked measurements have Horford as being nearly 6'9 in socks and 6'10 in shoes... with a 7'3 wingspan. This info was on hoopshype and the source for it was an espn.com article.

If Horford is really 6'10 he's a very intriguing prospect because he's a legit post player with legit size.

I like Brandan Wright but I admit he has to gain some weight. Although he has more upside than Horford, Horford def has the more NBA-ready body and probably has potential to gain more weight.

He wouldn't be my first choice but if this report is true, I wouldn't be dissapointed if we picked him.

I just hope BWright turns out to be 6'10.

BK has to wonder how many more years he has before he gets the boot? Unless he turns it around soon, he may have one more year.

That being said . . . . seems to me he needs to draft the most NBA ready prospects. That would be Horford and Law. Better yet, he would have results sooner if he traded for some vetran talent.

Guest Walter

Quote:

BK has to wonder how many more years he has before he gets the boot? Unless he turns it around soon, he may have one more year.

That being said . . . . seems to me he needs to draft the most NBA ready prospects. That would be Horford and Law. Better yet, he would have results sooner if he traded for some vetran talent.

We already picked BK's "NBA-ready" pick in SW and that [censored] blows.

Time to put franchise over job security ASG. Ask #2 who he's pick. Get a glimpse into someone else's psyche for comparison. Right now you're getting [censored] over annually.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Makes the playoffs next year?

If we stay healthy, I think we have a pretty good shot...Particularly with the top talent in the draft going out west.

These are questions I feel pretty secure in not happening without significant changes (we have no draft pick in the Iraq war).

WE were the 4th worst team. How good of a shot do you really think we have? Not sensible.

W

Considering the injuries we had, I think if we stay healthy, the playoffs are very possible.

We were a VERY young team...Everyone is a year older, hopefully they are healthy...2 draft picks in the first 11 picks.

This team can ONLY be better...And I'm willing to bet we're going to be a good bit better.

Quote:

We already picked BK's "NBA-ready" pick in SW and that [censored] blows.

Time to put franchise over job security ASG. Ask #2 who he's pick. Get a glimpse into someone else's psyche for comparison. Right now you're getting [censored] over annually.

W

Shelden is 6'7 and not nearly the athlete that Horford is.

Shelden wouldn't sniff the top 10 in this draft.

Quote:

Sheldon shouldn't have sniffed the top 10 in last year's draft either

Lol

Nah last year's draft was pretty weak.

Bottomline is that he shouldn't even be compared to Horford because Horford has a ton more upside.

I say if Horford is really 6'10 he may be able to actually be a legit C.

He may need 20 more pounds but he can do it.

Defense wins championships, and Horford may be our best shot at a defensive 5.

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?cont...aft_horford.asx

Guest Walter

Quote:

Considering the injuries we had, I think if we stay healthy, the playoffs are very possible.

We were a VERY young team...Everyone is a year older, hopefully they are healthy...2 draft picks in the first 11 picks.

This team can ONLY be better...And I'm willing to bet we're going to be a good bit better.

1) JS and JJ simply aren't good enough. They are worse than 15 of the top 20 and all the top 10 team's top 2 players statistically.

2) MW isn't a prospect worth considering remotely better than either of them IMO.

3) Yes we had injuries, but so did alot of teams and WE ended up 4th worst.

4) Coaching remains

5) Our injuries, many at least, are ones that could continue or limit a player.

So, I-F we remain somehow ideally healthy, get new coaching, one or both of our top 2 players suddenly goes and becomes a superstar or MW somehow gets possessed by the spirit of MJ, we resign all these players...we're looking at the playoffs. Remember, the top 20 teams don't make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed, only the top 16. So when I say our top 2 players only measure up to the bottom 5 of the top 20 teams we have to do considerably better to even make the playoffs much less contend. I think you realize this jdu.

W

Quote:

Quote:

1) JS and JJ simply aren't good enough. They are worse than 15 of the top 20 and all the top 10 team's top 2 players statistically.

2) MW isn't a prospect worth considering remotely better than either of them IMO.

4) Coaching remains

So, I-F we remain somehow ideally healthy, get new coaching, one or both of our top 2 players suddenly goes and becomes a superstar or MW somehow gets possessed by the spirit of MJ, we resign all these players...we're looking at the playoffs. Remember, the top 20 teams don't make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed, only the top 16. So when I say our top 2 players only measure up to the bottom 5 of the top 20 teams we have to do considerably better to even make the playoffs much less contend. I think you realize this jdu.

W

1)What metric are you using to judge JJ and JS in that way?

And depending on what kind of stats you come up with, think about the fact that this past year, they did not have very much help...NO point guard, no defensive presence at center, and a developing talent at SF.

THIS is my point about everyone being a year older...MW is going to be that much better, Hopefully we get a PG to develop while AJ plays for most of the year...As you know, we also need a Center...If we get those pieces, coupled with our team being a year older, I GUARANTEE you that JS and JJ's numbers on whatever metric you are using will go up.

2)How on earth can you give up on Marvin already? How can you be so impatient with him, and then want to draft someone like Wright, WHO IS EVEN MORE OF A PROJECT THAN MARVIN WAS!!!!

You'd be crowing about how terrible Wright is after 1 or 2 years also.

Marvin has very solid potential as a starting SF in this league.

3) Our injuries were worse than MOST teams.

4) I don't think our coaching is great either, but at least Woody does stress one thing...DEFENSE! As we've seen in these playoffs, defense is what wins...And our defense will only get better from last year.

5) The only one you are talking about is Childress, and he's had an entire offseason to heal...I'm not worried.

Guest Walter

Quote:

1)What metric are you using to judge JJ and JS in that way?

Roland ratings. Pick any rating, any year. Whatever. They arent' good enough. Face it. You'd think AT LEAST ONE of the top 10 team's would have a top two tandem LESS THAN JS and JJ, but NOBODY does. It really wasn't even close if I recall.

Yes, we'll get older, blah, blah, blah. Sometimes hoping is good, but when your hope clouds your reasoning and judgement to the point you don't take the BPA at 3 if they have superstar potential when you can also get an equal or SLIGHTY lesser OR greater Pg at 11 than the "1st Pg taken" because you HOPE against the odds and the evidence that your top two players will somehow someday be enough to remotely measure up to those of the top 10 teams...just silliness.

W

Quote:

Quote:

4) Coaching remains

W

JJ and Smith are the Hawk's best players. They ar 21 & 25 years old respectivly. Each has nothing but steadily improve each year they are in the league.

If JJ and Smoove continue their trend of improved play and we actually use are picks to plug our holes (PG/C) rather then duplicate more fowards....there is no reason to believe we will not be in the playoff hunt next year.

Smoove could eeasily be a 20 /10 player in 2008 if he keeps improving. We know Smith will give us 25 a night. Get a PG to run the show and a Al Hoford at #3 or trade #3 for a established big and we are in the playoffs!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

4) Coaching remains

W

JJ and Smith are the Hawk's best players. They ar 21 & 25 years old respectivly. Each has nothing but steadily improve each year they are in the league.

If JJ and Smoove continue their trend of improved play and we actually use are picks to plug our holes (PG/C) rather then duplicate more fowards....there is no reason to believe we will not be in the playoff hunt next year.

Smoove could eeasily be a 20 /10 player in 2008 if he keeps improving. We know Smith will give us 25 a night. Get a PG to run the show and a Al Hoford at #3 or trade #3 for a established big and we are in the playoffs!!!

Adding more youth at positions ALREADY stocked with youth is stupid, and a waste of a pick.

We need to fill PG and C, not get a SF/PF.

BPA or not, it would be a complete waste of a pick.

I've got the feeling that Horford isn't really in the mix at 3 from everything I've been reading.

In my opinion, he is a pure, pure PF...But if he is tall enough, he might be able to play some C.

I like Horford's game, but would still rather find a different solution at C...He plays a lot like Shelden.