• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steals in the draft....

Diesel

• Premium Member

We won't be able to take advantage of them, but here are some draft steals should we trade down:

1. Morris Almond. I get good feeling about this guy. I think he's going to be a scorer in this league. I can see him in Philly playing next to Ai.

2. Nick Fazekas. Nobody has yet to tell me why this guy isn't the best PF in this draft? I wish he was in the ACC or the big 12, but this guy plays very well.

3. Tyler Hansbrough. I don't know if he's coming out, but what he lacks in upside, he makes up for in effort. He's the best player I've seen at UNC for a few years now. Aside for Lawson, he's prolly the best recruit that they have ever made in the Roy era.

4. Jared Dudley. Sleeper. I think this guys only problem is where do you play him. Is he a Sf or a SG or PF?

1. Gabe Pruitt, PG, USC - This guy is going to be a steal for someone. He's a legitimate 6'4", can flat out defend on the perimeter, can score, and turned the ball over less than any other point guard in this draft.

2. Herbert Hill, PF, Providence - This guy has legitimate size in the post. He's 6'10", 240 lbs, is a very good rebounder and shot blocker in the low post. I think someone is going to get a guy here that will play a key role as a rookie in the NBA as a guy that comes off the bench for his defense.

3. Taurean Green, PG, Florida - He's smaller than I like, but he's going to play as a rookie because of his defense. The guy can flat out defend at the point guard position, and he proved it at the Orlando camp.

Guest Walter

If he fell into the 2nd rd or Dudley is there, that's two players I would miss getting with the pick traded for our 3rd veteran BU Pg.

W

Al Thornton...is ferocious, can do just about everything and even though was a senior still has upside because of his incredible athleticism...i would say his ballhandling skills, while sufficient could be a little better to be a great player...i think during workouts he'll jump up the board a bit and will be an absolute steal....i would rather have him than Childress on the Hawks as crazy as that sounds (no, i'm not saying trade)

stuckey has a chance to be a steal also...he's more of a scoring point guard but he basically can do it all and the only thing people say is a knock is the competition he played.

Quote:

Corey Brewer. Whoever gets him will have the drafts best all around player drafted later than he should be.

Yeah right.

How about the best player from the SEC, Derrick Byars.

That's the real steal of the draft. If he played for a bigger school than Vanderbilt he would be a lock for a top 10 pick.

He could be the SG in this draft.

• Premium Member

Hey Doc, what about those Tennessee boys?

Chris Lofton. That kid is going to be very special when he finally comes out. The only problem is that he's a Sg right now. But if I were him, I would be working out my PG skills.

I'm a big Tennessee fan.

I can tell you I love Chris Lofton, but he is NOT going to be a good pro.

He is a SG all the way and he's only 6'3...He is a less athletic, more controlled version of Salim Stoudamire.

Tyler Smith just transferred from Iowa...He might have a future in the NBA...Prob 2 years away though.

I'm also a UT alum and big Vols fans. I feel the same way about Lofton; he's a great college SG and I thank GOD that we have him here but he'll have a much harder time getting that shot off of his in the pros because of his lack of size and overall athleticism. If he was 6'5"+, he'd be a nasty SG to have in your lineup and be a no-brainer lottery pick next year. But as is, he's a good marksman to have on your bench, nothing more.

I wonder how many ppg Brewer would have averaged if he ball hogged and threw up all the wild shots Byars did instead of pretty much putting his team on his back and winning yet another national title. Mike Conley wakes up sweating cause he still thinks Brewer is stuck to him.

Quote:

Corey Brewer. Whoever gets him will have the drafts best all around player drafted later than he should be.

I love Corey too wink.gif

anyway, what's our roster spot situation? There seem to be several interesting players slipping out of the draft, the side effect of this deep draft. Former middle 2nd rounders pushed to the end or even out of the draft.

Do we have room for invites? Shouldn't management make a list of several players to call if they weren't selected in the draft.

• Premium Member

Well, the way I see it, he has 2 years to shore up his PG skills. For yall to say that he doesn'thave pro potential, I think you've missed the bus. The league is run by shooters. They said the same thing about Reggie and Rip. Some team will design picks for a guy like this to run through. He's shooting 3's at about 50%... He almost beat Oden!

Guest Walter

Quote:

I'm a big Tennessee fan.

I can tell you I love Chris Lofton, but he is NOT going to be a good pro.

He is a SG all the way and he's only 6'3...He is a less athletic, more controlled version of Salim Stoudamire.

That's how I see Lofton. Not a good pro.

W