• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Conley slip to 11.

oiatlhawksfan

Ummm ... no. Are there reports that I'm not aware of? All I saw was one report that said he had a bad shooting day but did great at everything else.

Quote:

Mike Conley shot the ball very poorly
throughout the workout, not looking to have any range at all outside of 16 feet. Expanding his shot to the NBA 3-point line is going to take him quite a bit of time and effort. In terms of his demeanor,
he looked very serious and business like, executing the drills crisply and picking up on everything he was told to do almost instantly
, as the first player in line.
His floater looked terrific and did his quickness
getting up and down the floor.

This is nothing new. He is widely accepted as the best PG in college depite his poor outside shooting. He would only fall down if areas of strength were exposed as flaws (speed, passing, defense ... ). There is no chance of him making it to 11.

Quote:

Ummm ... no. Are there reports that I'm not aware of? All I saw was one report that said he had a bad shooting day but did great at everything else.

Quote:

Mike Conley shot the ball very poorly
throughout the workout, not looking to have any range at all outside of 16 feet. Expanding his shot to the NBA 3-point line is going to take him quite a bit of time and effort. In terms of his demeanor,
he looked very serious and business like, executing the drills crisply and picking up on everything he was told to do almost instantly
, as the first player in line.
His floater looked terrific and did his quickness
getting up and down the floor.

This is nothing new. He is widely accepted as the best PG in college depite his poor outside shooting. He would only fall down if areas of strength were exposed as flaws (speed, passing, defense ... ). There is no chance of him making it to 11.

I am just suspicious of the fact that he has never played without Greg Oden. And don't give me those few games where oden was injured. This includes h.s. and AAU ball. Not to mention that he played with 3 other studs. Some could argue that Critt played in the shadow of Dwight Howard, but at least he had a year of high school and college without him.

Quote:

I am just suspicious of the fact that he has never played without Greg Oden.

I don't disagree. I'm not 100% certain Conley is the answer. But I am sure that we need to take whomever we think is the best PG at #3. I am not certain of who will be a better pro between Conley, Law, and Critt in the long run, but I think Critt will need some time, and Conley fits our needs the best. None of these guys is risk free though.

I also thought Deron was the best PG prospect his year but was nervous because we'd never seen him without all his help in college.

Quote:

Quote:

I am just suspicious of the fact that he has never played without Greg Oden.

I don't disagree. I'm not 100% certain Conley is the answer. But I am sure that we need to take whomever we think is the best PG at #3. I am not certain of who will be a better pro between Conley, Law, and Critt in the long run, but I think Critt will need some time, and Conley fits our needs the best. None of these guys is risk free though.

I also thought Deron was the best PG prospect his year but was nervous because we'd never seen him without all his help in college.

Las, we also have to consider that whomever we draft will probably start the season as second or third string behind Speedy and Lue, if for anything because we are paying both over 9mill per combined. If that is the case, we should draft Critt at 11 and develop him.

It's funny how much pressure there is to pick Conley at #3.

Ignoring the whole ramifications of what that does to our 11th pick talent wise,

The fact that he couldn't even shoot from the college 3 point line, free throw line, and played in Greg Oden's shadow his whole career raises enough flags.

I suggest some of you look up David Wingate if you want to know what playing in a player's shadow can do.

The Wingate/Ewing situation is too similar.

I think the lowest he would fall is 10 to the Kings, and something tells me Conley won't get passed the Timberwolves at the 7th pick.

Outside of the Hawks, I think the Grizzlies may consider him at the 4th pick, the Bucks with the 6th pick, the Timberwolves with the 7th pick, and the Kings with the 10th pick.

Quote:

I think the lowest he would fall is 10 to the Kings, and something tells me Conley won't get passed the Timberwolves at the 7th pick.

Outside of the Hawks, I think the Grizzlies may consider him at the 4th pick, the Bucks with the 6th pick, the Timberwolves with the 7th pick, and the Kings with the 10th pick.

Kings have much bigger needs than PG and so do the TWolves.

PG is the least of those teams worries.