• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wow. Sekou goes postal on J. Smith rumor.

mrhonline

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Sacramento --> Bibby

Memphis --> Gasol

Washington --> Jamison

Denver --> Camby

Philly --> Dalembert

I don't want Bibby at this point in his career.

Gasol would be great.

Jamison doesn't solve anything for us.

Camby would be great but not for the #3. Ditto for Dalembert.

• Moderators

Quote:

Camby would get us in to the playoffs

Camby pulled down 11.7rpg last year, and he and Smoove were 1st & 2nd in blocks.

His age and injury history scare me though..

I agree with most of that. I like Camby but the age and injury history don't make him worth passing on a #3 pick to me since this team is still a few years away from peaking, IMO.

I'd send Denver the #11/filler for Camby.

Denver wants to dump salary and needs a PG, even if neither Law or Critt are ideal for them. Law is a shoot first guy, not what they need with AI/Melo. Critt is a project, which doesn't help a 32 y/o Iverson.

#11 and our expiring deals (Lue & 'Lo) for Camby works. Pick up Conley at #3 and we've got a solid defensive team.

Conley/JJ/Marvin/Smith/Camby

Quote:

Quote:

not
hide
on his own blog.

Preface: I don't know Sekou, and I don't know Sothron...

Just a little confused, and with all due respect... that's hiding?

I thinks of a song. A verse goes, "Your so vain you probably think the Blog is about you. you're so Vain. VAAAAAIIIIINNNN".

bannana_guitar.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think Chad Ford is right, and the Hawks are going to go with Wright/Crittenton.

Barring a draft-day trade, I think Smith could very well be moved. Why? Smith and Wright have a number of similarities...

If we trade Smith and draft Wright, then I would expect Joe's trade demand before the start of the 07-08 season.

Quote:

Both are incredibly athletic, great shot-blockers, poor mid-range shooters, have trouble handling the ball...

Smith is still a much better ball handler and shooter than Wright. He's also a 10x better shotblocker, Wright is not a great shotblocker. He only averaged 1.8, the same as Al Horford. Shelden Williams and Tyrus Thomas both averaged over 3 in college.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If we trade Smith and draft Wright, then I would expect Joe's trade demand before the start of the 07-08 season.

A little over-dramatic, eh?

Quote:

Smith is still a much better ball handler and shooter than Wright. He's also a 10x better shotblocker, Wright is not a great shotblocker. He only averaged 1.8, the same as Al Horford. Shelden Williams and Tyrus Thomas both averaged over 3 in college.

I don't agree with two things you said:

1. Smith is an AWFUL ballhandler, and a poor mid-range shooter.

2. Wright is a GREAT shotblocker.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Smith is an AWFUL ballhandler, and a poor mid-range shooter.

And he's still 10x better than Wright in those specific attributes.

Quote:

Wright is a GREAT shotblocker.

Smith's rookie season in the NBA: 2.0 blocks.

Wright's rookie season in COLLEGE: 1.8 blocks.

They played the EXACT same minutes.

Tyrus freshman year: 3.4 blocks

Okafor was well over 3

Shelden was even really high.

I guess you think Horford is a GREAT shotblocker also, since he averages the same amount of blocks as Wright?

Your insane if you think Wright is or will be anywhere near the player Smoove currently is or will be in the future. Smoove still has TONS of upside. Smoove is still a better ballhandler, mid-range shooter and shotblocker than Wright will ever be in his career. Plus Smoove is still only 21yrs old and progressed a ton last year.

No one here is saying he isn't going to progress. Were saying there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to draft Wright when we already are stacked at the forward position. With Smoove and Shelden already at PF why in the world would we want to draft a skinny 210lb. project when we have GLARING needs at the 1 and 5 spots? There is just no point or reasoning behind it.

Quote:

...Plus Smoove is still only 21yrs old and progressed a ton last year.

I think that is the key thing with Smoove...he has shown solid improvement each season and even comparing the second half of a season to the first. Sure, there have been some hiccups, either from being competitive or a bit selfish (depends on how one sees it)...but I remember almost blowing cola through my nose at some of his early attempts at jumpshots and dribbling exhibitions in his rookie year.

He has grown into the pro game pretty well for somebody who started out as raw as he was. One can only hope that this trend will continue and he'll be even better next year.

I can't think of any logical reason the Hawks/ASG/BK would want to trade him. Woody?...ahh, who cares what Woody thinks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

No one here is saying he isn't going to progress. Were saying there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to draft Wright when we already are stacked at the forward position. With Smoove and Shelden already at PF why in the world would we want to draft a skinny 210lb. project when we have GLARING needs at the 1 and 5 spots? There is just no point or reasoning behind it.

Sam Bowie?

• Premium Member

Quote:

No one here is saying he isn't going to progress.

Oh, but the implication is DEFINITELY there when people say that Smith has TONS of upside, but say nothing for Wright's.

Wright's ceiling is that of an All-Star. While I agree that another team besides the Hawks needs to take that gamble, I'm not going to make up stuff about Wright to detract from his potential.

Quote:

Were saying there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to draft Wright when we already are stacked at the forward position.

Then you're only echoing what I've already said. Which leads one to wonder, if Knight is in fact interested in Wright as a PF, isn't it logical to conclude that he's considering moving Smith?

Quote:

With Smoove and Shelden already at PF why in the world would we want to draft a skinny 210lb. project when we have GLARING needs at the 1 and 5 spots? There is just no point or reasoning behind it.

Don't ask me. I wouldn't do it.

Yep like I said only way you draft Brandon Wright is if 2 of our forwards are being traded and IMO thats not gonna happen. Smith is one of the most exciting players in the league and the most exciting on this team. He is one of the very few that can dominate a game on both ends of the court. He is the heart and soul of this team and wants to put the Hawks on the map he wants to win here. He will not be dealt at all bringing in Brandon Wright is a slap to the face to Smith. Also if we so happen to draft Wright he would be coming off the bench along with 2 other lottery picks. I dont see this happening. We have to find a way by either draft or trade to use that 3rd pick to bring a franchise PG or Center period. NO MORE FORWARDS WE ALREADY HAVE 20 OF THEM.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Also if we so happen to draft Wright he would be coming off the bench along with 2 other lottery picks. I dont see this happening.

Anybody we draft will be coming off the bench! # 3 if we keep it will be a talent pick not a need pick unless BK is foolish enough to take Conley. Even if he takes Conley, he will come off the bench also!

If that moronic GM of ours BK trades Smoove I will call my Hawk rep on draft day and cancel my season tickets immediately and NEVER have anything to do with the Hawks again until new ownership and GM are in place.

Quote:

Quote:

Also if we so happen to draft Wright he would be coming off the bench along with 2 other lottery picks. I dont see this happening.

Anybody we draft will be coming off the bench! # 3 if we keep it will be a talent pick not a need pick unless BK is foolish enough to take Conley. Even if he takes Conley, he will come off the bench also!

Maybe for the 1st month or so. But I dont see how old suck azz pgs are gonna be able to keep there starting Job over a young pg who is ready to run a franchise. Chris Paul started from the start and Deron Williams could have if Solan didnt wanna to bring him along slowly. With a PG in nba sometimes you bring him along slowly so the vets can mentor him. Personally I dont wanna any of our 3 garbage point guards mentoring Conley he would probably get worse. If we landed a say a Veteran start Center he would def. start right away. But the fact of the matter is any forward we draft will not be starting for years if not ever. If we take a PG or Center they will start at some point during the year and keep the job. We are NOT A great team where we can have 3 freaking lottery picks coming off the bench thats almost laughable for as bad as we are. You draft Wright and Shelden will see maybe 10 mins off the bench for the rest of his career. Granted I think he isnt good but still is that how you use the 5th overall pick from last years draft. We have a huge logjam at forward and we do not need any more unless 2 of them are dealt for a PG or Center.