• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you be mad with:

Diesel

Quote:

Bibby, Hawes, Crittendon out of this draft.

If we used #3 in trade for Bibby and #10, would you be upset?

My statement is always Speedy is tetthered to #3.

Personally, I'd rather not fool around with Bibby, but it's an interesting idea for sure.

There are a few other scenarios I would rather go with, but it's hard to argue that this lineup wouldn't make the playoffs, and make some noise in it.

Bibby/Crit/AJ

JJ/Salim

MW/Chillz

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Hawes

Quote:

How would that be possible? Isn't Bibby a free agent? If he is then he can't be involed in an SNT deal until after the draft.

However if we did trade down in the draft, picking up an asset then picking Hawes and Crit i would be ok with it.

Quote:

Quote:

Personally, I'd rather not fool around with Bibby, but it's an interesting idea for sure.

There are a few other scenarios I would rather go with, but it's hard to argue that this lineup wouldn't make the playoffs, and make some noise in it.

Bibby/Crit/AJ

JJ/Salim

MW/Chillz

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Hawes

Not really, Bibby can't lift Sactown to the playoffs and that team can't play defense. Going for Gasol is the best option I guess.

Quote:

Quote:

How would that be possible? Isn't Bibby a free agent?

No.

Strange because i thought i read that he was pissed this year because they wouldn't give him an extension so i assumed he was in the last year of his deal.

We would have to throw in a lot of fillers to make that deal work. I just don't see it happening.

Plus he is making too much money.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Strange because i thought i read that he was pissed this year because they wouldn't give him an extension so i assumed he was in the last year of his deal.

He has a player's option, but I don't think he'll opt out of the last two years of his deal ($13.5M, $14.5M).

Quote:

We would have to throw in a lot of fillers to make that deal work. I just don't see it happening.

Not really. If the trade goes down before the draft, the Hawks only have to send out $10M in salaries. Claxton would eat $6.8M of that on his own.

Bibby -for- Claxton/Wright/#11 works.

After the draft it gets more complicated...

Quote:

Plus he is making too much money.

Would you rather have Bibby for two years, Claxton for three years?

Quote:

Would you rather have Bibby for two years, Claxton for three years?

Ick. It is tough being a Hawks fan sometimes.

I am not a fan of Bibby. He can't defend at all and i think his best days are well behind him.

Are the owners willing to pay that much to an aging pg? I doubt it.

• Premium Member

Just realized something...from Larry Coon:

Quote:

Teams are free to make trades again once their season has ended, but cannot trade players whose contracts are ending or could end due to an option or ETO.

Unless Bibby picks up the final two years of his contract before the draft, he can't be traded.

Quote:

Just realized something...from Larry Coon:

Quote:

Teams are free to make trades again once their season has ended, but cannot trade players whose contracts are ending or could end due to an option or ETO.

Unless Bibby picks up the final two years of his contract before the draft, he can't be traded.

i believe Bibby has a "team" option this year.

So it's up to the team that own his contract to decide if he is a fa or not.