• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Should Take Horford or Noah

BusBoyIsBack

I've decided that's the only way we could potentially keep the core in tact is if we take these two.

The reason is because if we got someone like Brandan Wright, he would have to play the 4, and making him play the 4 means that someone out of Smoove or Marvin has to sit on the bench.

And we can't have players that talented on the bench.

So we need someone capable of playing the 5.

But not just anybody, we need someone talented with upside.

Well the two closest guys are the two PF/C candidates in Horford or Noah.

Unlike Yi Jianlian neither one of these guys can even be mentioned as swingmen.

If Horford measures at 6'10 that is sufficient enough to play C in the NBA. And he certainly is ahead of he curve for strength for rookies. With his broad shoulders he has potential to have elite strength.

In Joakim Noah you have a guy where height isn't the issue because he will at least be 6'11. The issue with Noah is upper body strength and he has been hitting the gym gaining strength everyday. He is noticeably more muscular than he was when he first came to UF and I believe he will continue to get stronger.

One of these guys has to be the pick because it's the only way we can keep Marvin and Smoove on the floor simultaneously with a post player from the draft.

And it isn't be any means settling because we would have some pretty darn good talent on this team.

And if we took Javaris Crittenton on top of that, well now you're talking about a top 3 most talented young team in the league.

PG- Javaris Crittenton

SG- Joe Johnson

SF- Marvin Williams

PF- Josh Smith

C- Al Horford/Joakim Noah

Just like the Gator teams that were so successful you have a lineup full of not only unselfish players but an entire team full of people who can create for themselves and their teammates.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

I've decided that's the only way we could potentially keep the core in tact is if we take these two.

The reason is because if we got someone like Brandan Wright, he would have to play the 4, and making him play the 4 means that someone out of Smoove or Marvin has to sit on the bench.

I believe BK should be trying his hardest to work out a trade of MW now. Everything is easier then.

W

Quote:

And we can't have players that talented on the bench.

So we need someone capable of playing the 5.

PG- Javaris Crittenton

SG- Joe Johnson

SF- Marvin Williams

PF- Josh Smith

C- Al Horford/Joakim Noah

I agree on Hoford at center. Noah is a Josh Smith like help defender. Like Josh Smith he block most of his shots as a help defender. Noah like Josh Smith is not a strong position defender. Hoford is a strong position defender while still being atheltic and has shown he works well with Noah so he should also work well with Smith.

I don't see Wright being able to EARN minutes to put Josh Smith on the bench at PF.

Wright does not have the motor, ball handling, or shooting ability to ever play 1 minute at SF so Marvin is safe at SF.

You could possilble play Smooth at SF, Wright at PF, ZaZa at center but that leaves no one on he floor who can shoot other than JJ. Marvin is a REAL asset in the 1/2 court offense with his dependable mid range game.

However, playing Smoove at SF cuts down his production so WRight better be giving us a whole lot at PF or he will be a #3 pick who sits on the bench.

Drafting Wright would be like taking 2 steps back and only one step foward.

As much as I like Wright, he's a 4, meaning either JOsh or Marvin would have to get traded, and while I like Wright, I rather have those 2 still here. Horford, is more NBA ready, and in the east, he might end up being just as good, if Wright lands in the west. Horford could play center also. Crittenton is my pick at 11, unless Conley drops, than maybe I pick Conley. No way do I take Conley 3rd, Noah might be an option, he's a legit 7footer, with a motor, and he's not as weak and skinny as I though he was, but he still can't shoot.

what are the requirements to play center in the nba? because a lot of people seem to have different opinions based on who they think can and cannot play center for us..

in my opinion you must:

be at least 6'10" with average wingspan for that height

be strong and fairly athletic

play comfortably with back to basket

have drive and desire

good footwork

so in this case horford CAN play center...what about his game does NOT translate to be able to play center? i cannot find that. he did play some center in college but played mostly pf because of noah's success. i guarantee that if noah is not on the team, horford is playing center. his only issue in my opinion is becoming comfortable playing center more often

noah gets most of those...the drive/desire gives him bonus points, the lack of strength takes away points...i'm fine with noah as long as he gets stronger but not at #3

bwright...no freakin way

We dont need another forward that we are trying to get play center. Horford has never played center so how is a center of all sudden. Didnt we learn our lesson last year with Sped Head trying to put him at center that didnt work. Drafting Noah at 3 is a huge reach he is a role player who brings energy thats it. He is no better then Anderson Varejo.

We dont need another forward that we are trying to get play center. Horford has never played center so how is a center of all sudden. Didnt we learn our lesson last year with Sped Head trying to put him at center that didnt work. Drafting Noah at 3 is a huge reach he is a role player who brings energy thats it. He is no better then Anderson Varejo.

I think there is new prototype of center now days. Guys like Stodameir in Phx. whether he plays center or not depends upon the style of ball we play and matchups. There are times he will fit into that mold and do very well and there are times when he won't. Woody has to use his talent to play to their strengths. Something he has not been real great at.

This is a post of mine in this thread to BusBoy on June 2nd...

Quote:

First, you were yapping about how Yi could be our Center (LOL by the way), and now you want the Hawks to take a pure PF when we already have Smoove and Shelden at that position?

Do you have any concept of filling needs at all?

We don't NEED a 210 lb Power forward...WE NEED A CENTER AND A POINT GUARD.

And since Wright is neither a PG or a C (PLEASE tell me you don't think he can play C in the NBA), I don't want him.

In a week, you'll be carrying on about how WE NEED Horford, then the next week it will be Noah, and on and on and on.

shhh.gif

Yeah, but by Thursday he'll be on Brewer and Hawes. He is one passionate individual though. Right up until he moves on and starts promoting somebody else.

I wonder where he'll be by draft night. Probably Jason Smith and Rodney Stuckey. It will be a fun ride though.

Quote:

I believe BK should be trying his hardest to work out a trade of MW now. Everything is easier then.

W

I agree to disagree. BK should be busting his but to trade Chillz or Smoove. Probably Smoove; since his value is still high enough a GM will take a chance on his attitude issues...

Yep, trade Smoove for a big, like maybe Andrew Bogut.

Then take Conley and Noah.

PG Mike Conley

SG Joe Johnson

SF Marvin Williams

PF Joakim Noah

C Andrew Bogut

I see Noah as being a similar kind of stat sheet filler as Smoove, only taller, better defensively, and without the many bricked threes.

We could get Mil to throw in a second round pick to that deal too.

Quote:

Yep, trade Smoove for a big, like maybe Andrew Bogut.

We could get Mil to throw in a second round pick to that deal too.

LOL=Why don't we ask them to throw in Redd as well...