• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Should Take Horford or Noah

BusBoyIsBack

sweet jesus folks you guys are losing it....

1st- i never said noah should be taken at 3, actually i said NOT to take him at 3

2nd- i live in gainesville (fsu fan though) and horford DID play center many times so he's familiar with the positioning. plus as a prevoius poster said, he would identify with amare's game or howards game DEPENDING on woody

3rd- might as well get used to people changing their mine folks. it's not a bad thing. as you gain insight to a player's game that you may not have been familiar with before OR depending how a workout goes, you may change your opinion. no need to diss those folks.....as long as they haven't been bashing folks on a player and then changing their mind....for instance, i've been bashing the hell out of bwright so if i change my mind on that, come after me.

4th- stop with the smoove trades. it would be ridiculous to trade that talent because of a couple instances..especially since he has apologized later and looks geniune about being sorry. he's not rider and he's not even rasheed folks. he has a strong desire to win and both instances were out of frustration from losing.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

BusBoy, are you from Florida? ...

From Atlanta but Im currently a Gator.

And I don't know why it didn't hit me earlier that the best two prospects for the Hawks were right in front of me.

I mean sure Horford and Noah aren't traditional Centers by any means, but those type of guys aren't exactly easy to get hence the status of Oden's draft stock uncontested.

Hence the fact that someone like Mehmet Okur can get a max contract.

Sometimes you have to MAKE a Center out of a PF. That's what Orlando did.

I have faith that Horford can use his strength and athleticism to make up for his height.

I have faith that Noah can gain some weight to hold his position in the post.

I DONT have faith that Spencer Hawes can be our future.

Quote:

sweet jesus folks you guys are losing it....

1st- i never said noah should be taken at 3, actually i said NOT to take him at 3

2nd- i live in gainesville (fsu fan though) and horford DID play center many times so he's familiar with the positioning. plus as a prevoius poster said, he would identify with amare's game or howards game DEPENDING on woody

3rd- might as well get used to people changing their mine folks. it's not a bad thing. as you gain insight to a player's game that you may not have been familiar with before OR depending how a workout goes, you may change your opinion. no need to diss those folks.....as long as they haven't been bashing folks on a player and then changing their mind....for instance, i've been bashing the hell out of bwright so if i change my mind on that, come after me.

4th- stop with the smoove trades. it would be ridiculous to trade that talent because of a couple instances..especially since he has apologized later and looks geniune about being sorry. he's not rider and he's not even rasheed folks. he has a strong desire to win and both instances were out of frustration from losing.

I agree with the 1st three but not the fourth. I am not saying Smoove is the only option to be traded; But someone is or we are just going to give him away when their contract comes up.

My reasoning is a little simplistic but from a financial standpoint it also makes a lot of sense.

Marvin was not drafted 2nd to ride the pine.

Shelden was not drafted 5th to ride the pine

Chillz was not drafted 6th to ride the pine

Smoove was BPA when he was drafted.

Our 3rd pick overall will not be someone drafted to ride the pine.

We cannot afford to re-sign all these high picks when at least 2 of the 5 will be sitting on the bench. Either we move one or two to aquire something of value; or we will lose them. Management cannot justify paying out a decent amount of money to someone who is not a starter.

Someone has to sit amd my reasoning is simple; someone has to go. To say it will not be Smoove is the same as saying it will not be any of the other three. None of us has a clue to what BK really thinks of either of them as far as value goes.

We signed Speedy for 50 mill; I do not think BK's objective was to pay him to ride the pine. Unless some of our high draft picks are viewed as complete bust; a team out there will do the same for any of these picks.

We are not going to pay out 50 mill to multiple players that are not starting; not on purpose and that is a sure thing that I am willing to bet on. This Homer routine with Smoove is just as bad as the MWill routine. No one is untouchable; when you are the worse team in the league overall for the last four years and still counting....

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

And I don't know why it didn't hit me earlier that the best two prospects for the Hawks were right in front of me.

I mean sure Horford and Noah aren't traditional Centers by any means, but those type of guys aren't exactly easy to get hence the status of Oden's draft stock uncontested.

Not meaning to poke fun too much but this is a bit of a revolving door as far as who you endorse at #3!

Quote:

Quote:

Hence the fact that someone like Mehmet Okur can get a max contract.

Sometimes you have to MAKE a Center out of a PF. That's what Orlando did.

I have faith that Horford can use his strength and athleticism to make up for his height.

I have faith that Noah can gain some weight to hold his position in the post.

I DONT have faith that Spencer Hawes can be our future.

How predictable... something.gif

Guest Walter

Wright and Conley both have something to prove IMO if they are to go 3 or 4.

I'm still in favor of Yi or a trade of the 3rd pick. I'm still in favor of Crittenton at 11. That's my bandwagon.

W

Quote:

We dont need another forward that we are trying to get play center. Horford has never played center so how is a center of all sudden. Didnt we learn our lesson last year with Sped Head trying to put him at center that didnt work. Drafting Noah at 3 is a huge reach he is a role player who brings energy thats it. He is no better then Anderson Varejo.

You obviously never watched UF play b/c Hoford started at center ever game.

Noah is the PF in the Josh Smith mode who gets blocks off help defense.

Quote:

Picking Noah at three would be no different than picking Shelden at five last year.

How so?

Was Shelden ever considered for the 1st overall pick?

Is Shelden 7 feet tall?

Is Shelden the athlete Noah was?

If Shelden had Noah's height and athleticism he would have been the UNDISPUTED #1 pick.

With Noah's athleticism and height his game is MUCH more suited for the NBA WHICH IS WHY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PICKED MUCH HIGHER.

SHelden Williams in this draft would be lucky to be a lottery pick.

Meanwhile Noah is a top 5 guy.

Quote:

In case you forgot Shelden averaged 18/10 with 3.8 blocks and was the 2 time DPOY.

And i am not impressed with a 7 footer that has a standing reach 1.5" shorter than Marvin.

I didn't forget. I wanted the guy.

He was the most polished interior defender in the draft.

But unfortunately that D didn't carry over because of his height and lack of athleticism.

That's what Im trying to say.

Some players were just simply made for college like people are going to find out about someone like JJ Redick who looked like Kobe Bryant in college, but not so much in the pros.

The NBA game is predicated on length and athleticism.

Noah has significantly more length and athleticism than Shelden.

In fact Noah would be taller without shoes than HOward and Okafor are with shoes. Possibly Bosh as well.

With shoes and no one in the East is taller than him besides Shaquille O'neal.

Quote:

Quote:

In case you forgot Shelden averaged 18/10 with 3.8 blocks and was the 2 time DPOY.

And i am not impressed with a 7 footer that has a standing reach 1.5" shorter than Marvin.

I didn't forget. I wanted the guy.

He was the most polished interior defender in the draft.

But unfortunately that D didn't carry over because of his height and lack of athleticism.

That's what Im trying to say.

Some players were just simply made for college like people are going to find out about someone like JJ Redick who looked like Kobe Bryant in college, but not so much in the pros.

The NBA game is predicated on length and athleticism.

Doesn't mean that's better because we lose in the Olympics.

But that's just how it is.

Thats why a players like Wright, Noah, Horford will be good player in the NBA, hell even Conley will be a good player, but he's not going to be great, which is why we shouldn't take him 3rd.

Quote:

Plus the fact that the Hawks have Josh Smith, relegating him to a backup role.

Quote:

Some players were just simply made for college

Like a skinny 7 footer with a short reach and no offense.

Quote:

Ask yourself this. Does Zaza Pachulia really have range on his shot? I mean I don't watch too many Hawks games these days but I can't picture Zaza knocking down too many jumpers during the course of the game.

I picture Zaza as a garbage man and a post player who uses spins and dribbles down low to get baskets.

Well Noah can provide the same thing but he'll be BETTER at it.

And instead of going AWOL on defense, Noah will be trying to patrol the paint.

Quote:

Quote:

Ask yourself this. Does Zaza Pachulia really have range on his shot? I mean I don't watch too many Hawks games these days but I can't picture Zaza knocking down too many jumpers during the course of the game.

I picture Zaza as a garbage man and a post player who uses spins and dribbles down low to get baskets.

Well Noah can provide the same thing but he'll be BETTER at it.

And instead of going AWOL on defense, Noah will be trying to patrol the paint.

Zaza wasn't a lottery pick. he was a cheap fa pickup. If you have to use Zaza to argue for a player then that just shows the player isn't worth the pick.

Quote:

Zaza wasn't a lottery pick. he was a cheap fa pickup. If you have to use Zaza to argue for a player then that just shows the player isn't worth the pick.

Point is Noah is an UPGRADE.

And this team should be about upgrades.

Getting Noah and Acie Law are def upgrades at the 1 and 5 even though people don't think Noah is a traditional 5.

Right now he's the size of Camby and Tyson Chandler.

With his athleticism he has potential to be what Tyson Chandler should have been if he had more drive.

Quote:

And this team should be about upgrades.

And the biggest upgrade the Hawks could make would be picking Conley.

Quote:

Right now he's the size of Camby and Tyson Chandler.

Not even close. Even though he is tall he has a short reach. His standing reach is 1.5" shorter than our starting 3.

Not too many yapping about Yi and Wright anymore...All that energy has now switched to Horford (which I would be OK with, so long as he could play C) and Noah (I MIGHT like him at 11...No way in hell at 3).

Atleast there is a snowballs chance in hell that Noah could play C unlike Yi or Wright.