• Raised $390 of $700 target

Partial List of Draft Camp Measurements

BossTweed

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Conley could be going with thicker shoes you don't know what kind of shoes they had. Chances are Crittenton is at least around 4in taller.

Dude, why are you so confused on this issue?

They measured the players in both socks and shoes so we know exactly how much extra height some guys are getting based on the type of sneakers they are wearing.

Some observations:

• Horford has ½” higher reach than Noah but Noah has 2” max vertical over Horford.

• Jason Smith has virtually the same body length everywhere. He is just much faster and stronger. Noah has the mind though. Mindboggling speed by Jason.

• Yi creamed Noah in the workouts. People who want to jump to Noah’s bandwagon, listen to Noah (about Yi): “He is something to behold”.

• Acie Law is faster than Critt and only 1&3/4” shorter. Critt can jump higher but they got almost the same reach and span. Crit is only 1 inch taller. I am officially on Law’s bandwagon. He is much more athletic than I thought. He already has the mind. I am more sure about him than Critt and Conley now.

Wow I heard about these numbers on "The Herd" this afternoon. Going on combine stats alone, Durant looks like a stiff. How is it possible that a grown azz man with access to a world class weight room can't bench press 185. I take my "little" to the gym and he is 13 years old and about 135 soaking wet and he can get 185. That's just sad.

Quote:

Quote:

We all knew Wright was 6'10. Conley is only 6'0, and Horford doesn't have the wingspan we all thought he had. Still it's between Horford and Wright, though choice for Billy.

Wingspan isn't as crucial for an interior player, standing reach is. Wright only has 1 inch on Horford in standing reach. Wow, Wright doesn't even JUMP higher than Horford, and he's not even faster than Horford in the sprint. Horford is 40 lbs heavier and JUST as athletic. They are both the same height without shoes, which tells me Wright just has taller shoes on.

Noah is taller and jumps higher than them both.

I don't understand why he gets so much hate.

Quote:

Wow I heard about these numbers on "The Herd" this afternoon. Going on combine stats alone, Durant looks like a stiff. How is it possible that a grown azz man with access to a world class weight room can't bench press 185. I take my "little" to the gym and he is 13 years old and about 135 soaking wet and he can get 185. That's just sad.

He not made to bench alot of wieght, look at his shouders and arms, he probably at max will weight 230 -235 in his career, he just not meant to be average, I have arms just like his, it's alot harder to bench with those arms and shouders type then then normal types. It just alot harder, benching 185 for him is like benching 325 for you, see the difference, not mention his arms is far from the peak, it alot farther for him then it is for you.

Quote:

He not made to bench alot of wieght, look at his shouders and arms, he probably at max will weight 230 -235 in his career, he just not meant to be average, I have arms just like his, it's alot harder to bench with those arms and shouders type then then normal types. It just alot harder, benching 185 for him is like benching 325 for you, see the difference, not mention his arms is far from the peak, it alot farther for him then it is for you.

What about the fact that his agent didn't get him in any of the training setups like every other top pick is in. Oden, Noah, Brewer, Horford, all these guys were working out with professionals to increase their workout results. Durant didn't do that and it shows in tons of categories. I don't really think it is that big of a deal, but it seems like Durant or his agent made a mistake in not having him perpare for this workout.

Quote:

Quote:

What about the fact that his agent didn't get him in any of the training setups like every other top pick is in. Oden, Noah, Brewer, Horford, all these guys were working out with professionals to increase their workout results. Durant didn't do that and it shows in tons of categories. I don't really think it is that big of a deal, but it seems like Durant or his agent made a mistake in not having him perpare for this workout.

I don't know, ask his agent. That is something I wouldn't know.

Quote:

Quote:

agreed, my arms are like his to, and when I started benching I had trouble benching 30lbs, it felt more like 90lbs than 30

Guest Walter

Quote:

We all knew Wright was 6'10. Conley is only 6'0, and Horford doesn't have the wingspan we all thought he had. Still it's between Horford and Wright, though choice for Billy.

Where was Yi?

What about a trade for a center prospect. Minny's got to want the #3 pick if they are to deal Garnett.

Bynum had a better vert (37") than all the big men this year. He's taller, longer. Come on BK.

Al Thorton just leapt up the draft board. Pun intended.

Guest Walter

Quote:

It's pretty clear to me that the Horford makes the most sense for the Hawks because he gives them a big man that can lock down their center position.

I love Horford. Always have. But this is the same mistake we made last year. Not in that Horford doesn't have NBA starter if not star ability. He has that. The mistake is in thinking a Pf will work for us at center. Too many people thought that SW could (KB, you only thought so AFTER BK said so) and his shot blocking was attrocious. Horford is strong enough, but I still think we may have to do better given his short wingspan cancels some of the giddiness about power out. It's another SW omen. Short standing reach for a center! Even Hawes, a reasonable but not exceptionally long center prospect, is THREE INCHES LONGER THAN HORFORD!

Also, Horford was the second slowest player listed in agility. Not sure that matters much though.

I wouldn't mind taking Horford if we still went after a center through a trade. I think Horford would make a great Pf.

Quote:

Javaris Crittenton's workout is going to help him. Chad Ford tried to criticize the Hawks for liking Crittenton saying that he lacked quickness, yet he was quicker than Mike Conley Jr. in the lane agility drill. Conley clearly has great straight ahead speed though.

Getting Crittenton at 11 would make me happy. There isn't any one answer at 3 that can't be argued somehow except Conley. He just doesn't deserve it.

W

Quote:

[ Even Hawes, a reasonable but not exceptionally long center prospect, is THREE INCHES LONGER THAN HORFORD!

I wonder what ZaZa's standing reach is ? or Mourning ? Wallace ?

Hoford is what ? 3 inches stranding reach on Sheldon and 4'' vertical on Sheldon. That gives Hoford 7'' more in shot intimidation then Sheldon has in theory.

I bet he can be successful a center and good upgrade there for us.

He could split time at PF & Center:

PF: Smith - 35 minutes /Hoford 13 min

C: Hoford 20 min / ZaZa 28 min

If Sheldon can't beat them out for playing tim too bad. A 4th post guy is still alwayse a necisity several times through the season.

Quote:

I love Horford. Always have. But this is the same mistake we made last year. Not in that Horford doesn't have NBA starter if not star ability. He has that. The mistake is in thinking a Pf will work for us at center. Too many people thought that SW could (KB, you only thought so AFTER BK said so) and his shot blocking was attrocious. Horford is strong enough, but I still think we may have to do better given his short wingspan cancels some of the giddiness about power out. It's another SW omen.
Short standing reach for a center! Even Hawes, a reasonable but not exceptionally long center prospect, is THREE INCHES LONGER THAN HORFORD!

Also, Horford was the second slowest player listed in agility. Not sure that matters much though.

I wouldn't mind taking Horford if we still went after a center through a trade. I think Horford would make a great Pf.

W

That's why Noah is #1 on my list.

Sure Horford is taller than Shelden but it's only by an inch and Shelden was actually more impressive in the mass and strength department.

With Noah we could finally have a legit 7 footer.

HOw may guys in the NBA are a legit 7 foot?

You can probably count them on one hand.

Shaq, Gasol, and Yao are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Sure Noah doesn't have the typical weight for a C, but you can gain mass you can't gain height and athleticism.

Quote:

Quote:

I love Horford. Always have. But this is the same mistake we made last year. Not in that Horford doesn't have NBA starter if not star ability. He has that. The mistake is in thinking a Pf will work for us at center. Too many people thought that SW could (KB, you only thought so AFTER BK said so) and his shot blocking was attrocious. Horford is strong enough, but I still think we may have to do better given his short wingspan cancels some of the giddiness about power out. It's another SW omen.
Short standing reach for a center! Even Hawes, a reasonable but not exceptionally long center prospect, is THREE INCHES LONGER THAN HORFORD!

W

Sure Horford is taller than Shelden but it's only by an inch and Shelden was actually more impressive in the mass and strength department.

Sure Noah doesn't have the typical weight for a C, but you can gain mass you can't gain height and athleticism.

your a florida fan who do you think will be a better pro noah or harford?

Quote:

Quote:

W

Don't forget Noah's standing reach is shorter then Hoford's, even though Noah is taller. You don't block shots with your head so standing reach is more improtant then height.

Noah is weaker then Hoford, weighs less, less offensive post game, less of a rebounder then Hoford. They are equal in blocked shots.

NBA players listed at 7-0 or higher:

Jason Collins 7-0

Mike Illic 7-1

Nenad Kristic 7-0

Stephen Hunter 7-0

Martynas Andriuskevicius 7-2

Andrew Bogut 7-0

Ryan Hollins 7-0

Earl Barron 7-0

Shaquille O'Neal 7-1

Darko Milicic 7-0

Brendan Haywood 7-0