• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Partial List of Draft Camp Measurements

BossTweed

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems silly to me that they have both. Just have one or the other. It's not like they are ever going to be playing barefoot or one guy is going to be wearing 6" lifts or something. Am I missing something here?

Quote:

Quote:

We all knew Wright was 6'10. Conley is only 6'0, and Horford doesn't have the wingspan we all thought he had. Still it's between Horford and Wright, though choice for Billy.

Wingspan isn't as crucial for an interior player, standing reach is. Wright only has 1 inch on Horford in standing reach. Wow, Wright doesn't even JUMP higher than Horford, and he's not even faster than Horford in the sprint. Horford is 40 lbs heavier and JUST as athletic. They are both the same height without shoes, which tells me Wright just has taller shoes on.

When I watch them in a game Wright jumps alot higher then Horford and quicker, this measurements thing is kinda similar to Jeff Tregarier and Dwayane Wade, Jeff jumped higher and everything and was taller as well, but in the game, it wasn't no comparison, Wade jumped higher and knew how to use it, this is basketball, not football... skills and talent and to be seen on tape and not in combine seccession.. I look at this to see the height, size, to be legit and I look at the lane agilty for postman. I was impressed with Horford, Oden, Conley measurements... I was ok with Noah, Crit, and Wright even though the 200 pounds STOOD OUT, that is really skinny, Tayshaun Prince skinny, I think the only 4 with that size before was KG. It obivious he didn't go to the weight room at UNC, and most of his measurements show that. I was dispointed with Noah, his arms are just too short for someone who plays defense like him.

Quote:

I stole these from realgm, but I formatted them nicely and took a picture.

draftmesurementsoo1.png

Thad Young is short, I though he was 6'9 or 6'10.

I think these stats certainly don't hurt Conley at all. He is only 10 pounds lighter than Law yet is stronger. With that long wingspan his strength in the bench press is impressive. If one can ever come out a winner in these type of body measurements then Conley might be winner or very close to it. I hope one of our gurus on this site can match Paul's measurements with Conleys.

Quote:

I agree about Young. I thought he was taller and I thought his vertical might be closer to 40 inches. Given his questionable ball handling and perimeter skills, I think his measurements may have hurt him.

don't change your thought, what he jump in the game is irrelavent to this, I have a 35 inch vert and I'm 6'4 1/2 but I can barely dunk most times, but on the football field it seems like I'm Randy Moss, measurements are just measurements. The ones that count are the ones I mention earlier. I'm still surpise that Wright was that skinny, he is skinny but I didn't think he was that skinny, but he looks like he never conseiently or never is in the weight room, I see good weight growth in him, probably 240- 245 is where he should be in 3 to 4 years, his frame can easily add the weight.

That's correct. Durant was the only player that couldn't lift 185 lbs. He's also not nearly as athletic as some have indicated. However, this isn't going to be a case where I put too much emphasis on the workout numbers, because it is clear that Durant can play on the court. Now, I do think he will struggle some as a rookie because of the weight difference and the strength difference he will encounter.

Al Horford is a beast! He's basically 6'10", 244 lbs, very strong, and a lot more athletic than he has been given credit for being.

It's pretty clear to me that the Horford makes the most sense for the Hawks because he gives them a big man that can lock down their center position.

Javaris Crittenton's workout is going to help him. Chad Ford tried to criticize the Hawks for liking Crittenton saying that he lacked quickness, yet he was quicker than Mike Conley Jr. in the lane agility drill. Conley clearly has great straight ahead speed though.

Quote:

It just seems silly to me that they have both. Just have one or the other. It's not like they are ever going to be playing barefoot or one guy is going to be wearing 6" lifts or something. Am I missing something here?

Apparently Spencer Hawes is...

Not to be critical here KB but why do you believe these stats indicate Horford can "lock down" our center position? He can clearly play some part time center but I don't see him being much more of a full time center anymore than SW. Clearly, Horford can improve greatly our frontcourt depth but I don't see him as a long term solution to the center problem.

• Admin

I want Conley. I think we will really regret not taking him just like not taking Williams and Paul.

He is the right player for this team. We need a smart pass first point guard more then anything else. We have parts to the engine, we are just missing the fuel.

But neither Howard or Bosh are full time centers, though I think Howard has grown into the size of a more traditional center. Howard has mostly played besides Battie and Toronto has used Nesto and Garbs to defend the center position more than Bosh. Certainly, Horford could be a part-time center but with our current half court style of play I think a more traditional, bigger center fits our needs more.

Well, if you think we have to have a 7'0", 280 lbs guy playing center, then we are going to be waiting a very long time and will be going through a lot of stiffs. 90% of the guys with that kind of size are nothing but stiffs these days. Greg Oden is the type of center that comes around once every decade.