• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Partial List of Draft Camp Measurements

BossTweed

Big Z, Duncan, and Elson are playing in the finals with traditional center size. While a Oden type player rarely comes along, a Pryz, Haywood, or Petro type player may be available and fit our needs better in the right trade than hoping a part time center will.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big question mark about Law was his athleticism and that was answered here. also his standing reach was the same as Crit's.

Solomon Jones looks a lot better now doesn't he? His standing reach is higher than Noah and Wright, he is heavier and tested much better athletically than both. So i don't want to see any more nonsense about Wright being more athletic than Solomon. That is just a joke, as is Wright.

It makes no sense to draft Wright or Noah with either pick.

I think Hawes help himself. His vertical is lame but he has good size and is reasonably mobile.

You have to admit that BK loves that Wright body. He has trouble passing on it.

I want Conley and then Horford. There doesn't need to be anybody else considered.

Wright at 200 lbs and 2 reps at 185? I'm not sure what he does in his spare time but he hasn't worked hard where it counts. You think he should have gotten stronger? What the hell has he been doing?

This is work ethic related. This kid can get somebody fired.

I agree wholeheartedly about Wright. He should have expected people to question his weight and strength when he was considering the decision to declare for the draft yet he has done zilch to improve in either area since the end of the college season. Does this guy have a trainer? We do not need a player selected with the 3rd overall pick that has no self motivation.

The same people that are saying Horford can play Center are the same ones last year saying Shelden could play Center. How did that end up working out by the way to me Horford = Shelden Williams. Horford has never played Center in his career so now because he is 6'9 he can play it all of sudden? We need a true Center not an unsized one we tryed that project last year with Shell Head and didnt work out at all. I still say we need to fill a huge need at 3 with either a true PG or a True Legit center. Not someone who is unsized and never played the position in his life thats just crazy. Your telling a guy your taking him 3rd overall to play a position he has never played are you kidding me?

I also wanna add that Conley is the fastest player in this camp he can jump out of the gym and his court vision is the best as well. As far as the best True Point Guard in this draft. Hands down it is Mike Conley Junior. IMO if we can trade down with the Celtics and get something in return for the 3rd pick we have to take Conley at 5 we will regret passing on this guy just like we did with Chris Paul And Deron Williams. I do not want this to be Marvin Williams all over screw the BPA we need to fill a need.

Conley is a pretty strong athlete and has the work ethic. He would make all of our players better and will be the answer for years. We would not ever have to hear the PG stuff again...

Horford is the only other option because he is more ready than anybody else and there are no center prospects ready at 3.

1. Conley

2. Horford

Does Horford solve our center problems more than Conley would solve our point guard problems? The answer to this question could help determine our strategy for the entire draft. The workouts will help provide the answer though I am leaning towards believing Conley cures the point guard issue more than Horford cures the center issue. The Wright talk still puts a damper on my mood.

Quote:

I also wanna add that Conley is the fastest player in this camp he can jump out of the gym

Sprint

Felton 3.06

Conley 3.09

Paul 3.22

Deron 3.25

Vertical

Conley 40.5

Paul 38.5

Deron 35

Felton 33

Bench Press

Deron 15

Conley 13

Paul 10

Felton 6

Quote:

Does Horfort solve our center problems more than Conley would solve our point guard problems? The answer to this question could help determine our strategy for the entire draft. The workouts will help provide the answer though I am leaning towards believing Conley cures the point guard issue more than Horford cures the center issue. The Wright talk still puts a damper on my mood.

Of course Conley solves our Point Guard problems. We would finally have a young franchise PG who has played PG all his life. He knows how to run a team is a winner, he is lighting fast, plays aggressive defense, one of the best distributors in the country. This all things we need from out PGs. Our current pgs are so old and injury prone we can not rely on them at all. Thats why taking Mike Conley Jr. is a no brainer IMO I dont care where we end up taking him as long as he becomes a Hawk. Im telling you we pass on this guy we will regret it for years and we will still be the laughing stocks. Al Horford has never played Center in his life no thanks on him just look at the Shell Head experiment last year.

Like I said Crittenton looked better than Conley. Ya'll just want to start hyping him up again, when you guys already know the chances of us taking him becomes lower and lower. Yeah they have the same wingspans but that doesn't take anything away from Crittenton, Conley might have a 40in vert, but he's 6'0, Crittenton is 6'5 with a 38in vert, which is more impressive. You guys made it out like Conley was a much better athlete, he's slightly stronger, and faster, but Crittenton is quicker and has a better standing reach. When it was all said and done, size would be what won this battle, since their so close it the athletic department, and Crittenton wins that.

Those are some pretty interesting comparisons Exodus.

Conley definitely has every physical tool you need to be a successful PG. Height really doesn't make that much of a difference does it? What does 2 or 4 inches really mean? Better defense on bigger PGs I suppose, but that's about all.

And from a skills perspective it seems the only drawback is his shooting, which you would expect he could improve.

Quote:

they don't play insocks they play with shoes, Conley is 6'0 w/shoes, Crittenton is 6'4.75 that makes it a 4.75in difference.

Again you are reading impaired, or math impaired, take your pick.

Conley is 6'.75" in shoes which would be a 4" difference, but Conley could be wearing a different pair of shoes during the season and so could Crit which is why measurements with shoes are irrelevant. just because Crit goes to the combine with thicker shoes doesn't make him an extra .75" taller than Conley.

smack.gif