• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brandon Wright is a JOKE

TexasPete

This kid better not whiff a Hawks uniform which means he probably will.

When your a PF and you weigh 200 pounds you are a joke. Durant is a toothpick and he weighs 15 pounds more than Wright. Next, his 2 reps on the bench press is embarrassing. He will be dunked on, over, and through.

The fact that Ford hears we love him scares the hell out of me. Watching his tapes all he does is dunk off feeds. He has no face up game and very few low post moves. What he does have will be a moot point anyway because he will get pushed right out of the lane.

I don't think I have seen a player touted this high so not ready. Again, if BK picks him it is because BK feels safe in his job. But, we are in a position to upgrade and make the playoffs. This kid is 3 years away. He literally will be like Solomon. Why we would consider him over Horford is beyond me. There is no part of Wright I like better. He is not only not ready he has a questionable work ethic.

Because BK blows every first pick I will bet we blow it on Wright. This is the same GM who flabbergasted us all with Shelden and I just think BK is stupid. I don't think he has any clue what he is doing and that is why we blow picks and people laugh at him. BK just loves long and lanky guys. If they have his body type everything else goes out the window. Brandan Wright is a huge bullet we must dodge.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I always thought to myself Wright's athleticism was overrated, but it's now blindingly apparent. He's not even faster than Horford. Noone can honestly name one thing Wright does better than Horford at this point. And LMAO at him only weighing 200..

I bet Walter that he wouldn't crack 215 and the loser donates $20 to Hawksquawk.

This kid should slide fast down the list. These measurables are more than a problem. They are so bad they are a killing blow. My son plays on a local HS team and there is not ONE kid on his high school squad that can't do two reps. I'm not kidding. And this kid supposedly has to go down and bang with grown man in the NBA? The best athletes in the world?

He is a major project. He has to put on 25 pounds and a boatload of strength and that is just to get into the vicinity of an NBA PF.

Horford is 10X the player Wright is. We cannot afford a long term project. If people thought Marvin wasn't ready...

Quote:

Rather than worry for now I am going to hope BK is trying to bluff this year on Wright after learning his lesson last year and maybe he heard someone else wanted him and was trying to raise the value of the pick to that team.

While that would be an amazing turn of events, it would also mean we have to sweat the fact that BK might actually pick Wright all the way up until the selection is announced. Oh wait, we already do. Damn

Last year I was certain the Shelden talk was BS, a smokescreen. I thought that it made so little sense on so many levels it couldn't possibly be true.

There is a leak in BKs organization. And if last year is any indication he falls hard and fast. He sees what he wants and that's it. The SW pick was so assinine that the Wright scoop just fits.

BK will take him and by December 15th the whole world will know Wright is a long way away. Plus, his heart and drive have been questioned and with a player with so long to go that isn't good.

If Wright is taken that will clinch that the ASG are all idiots and we have no chance. Cause Wright is a potential bust. He is further away than Shelden.

I agree. Busboy was riding his jock hard, trying to tell me what a great player he was. I compared Wright to Drew Gooden. Now that I think about, that is a wrong comparison. Gooden actually has some skills. Wright couldn't even shoot out of 10 ft. Now that he weighs 200 lbs, who is he gonna post up? Point guards??? The MVP of that team is Lawson. I actually prefer Lawson over Conley.

size is so overrated, the fact is he has skills,Allen Iverson is tiny but he's one of the best players in the league. ya'll aren't bashing on how scouts say Conley will probably never be a good shooter, or he came in 1 inch smaller. 2 might be pretty impressive, when you look at how long his arms are.

I still rather have Horford at this point, but I wouldn't have a problem with Wright.

• Premium Member

Quote:

size is so overrated, the fact is he has skills,Allen Iverson is tiny but he's one of the best players in the league.

Name the last 200 (or even 210) successful post player in the NBA who had no jumpshot outside of 10 feet and wasn't a good rebounder. I've been asking this for a while, but it still hasn't been answered. The guy is a complete project and will take 3 years, that's IF he turns into something.

• Premium Member

Quote:

actually he's an excellent rebounder, NC just wasn't the system for him.

I thought I heard people preaching his AMAZING 65% FGs earlier, now NC isn't the right system? What proof do you have that he's a good rebounder? The reason he ISN'T is because he's so weak and gets pushed out of the lane by stronger players.

Oi, your cred here is wafer thin. Atlas asked you a question. No, sorry, Garnett was a helluva more skilled in every way when he came in.

You cant name a 200 lb PF that was that weak. Can you?

I don't expect your views to make much sense. They havent yet.

Garnett average 10pts 6reb, If Wright goes to Memphis I bet you, he'd put up better numbers than that. I'm not saying he'll be better than Garnett, but he won't be as bad as you guy say he will. Like I said scouts say he's a hell of a player, and I rather listen to them (the professionals) than you guys.

What size was Garnett? I think he was just a little heavier than 200. I didn't ask what Garnetts rookie stats were I asked who was the last 200 PF that came into the league.

Garnett had a lot more game BTW. Not even close. Wright can dunk. Great.

Who was the last 200 PF in the NBA?