• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brandon Wright is a JOKE

TexasPete

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We do need a powerless forward, we don't have one.

We have a big stiff forward (Shelden), a project forward (Marv), and a can't create my shot forward (Chill).

BK likes to cover his basis with forwards in the lottery so I'm pretty sure a powerless forward works.

I want Horford at 3, I'm just saying, this has nothing to do with picking him 3rd, I'm just saying you guys are getting to carried away with this whole measurement stuff, I bet Wright ends up being the best player in this draft other than Durant/Oden. He has weaknesses, but his weakness are things he can work on.

Quote:

I want Horford at 3, I'm just saying, this has nothing to do with picking him 3rd, I'm just saying you guys are getting to carried away with this whole measurement stuff, I bet Wright ends up being the best player in this draft other than Durant/Oden. He has weaknesses, but his weakness are things he can work on.

Wright is going to be the best player outside of Durant/Oden in this draft, but now you for some reason have hopped off the bandwagon and want Horford??!?!

uglyhammer.gif

Yea, definitely sounds like you believe what you're saying!

There is zero reason to take Wright over Horford. Horford is essentially better in every important area and comes into the league with a body to compete. He is 44 pounds heavier and did 18 more reps than Wright.

Horford has a better face up game. He is significantly better in the low post. He can handle the ball better and he runs the floor better.

Wright is a guy who is truly a project because at 200 lbs he simply can't play inside. I know that Ford said that Billy prefers Wright. But, we just can't afford to develop another forward, it makes no sense. The Hawks need help now. The few fans they have are impatient and the owners want to make the playoffs next year. That numbnut Gearon said we would have been like the Raptors had we stayed healthy. So, the ASG's expectations are high.

I think Billy and Woodhead are both on the clock. I don't think they are stupid enough to believe that Wright can play and contribute a lot NOW. And now is all they may have so look for them to pass on Wright if they have good sense.

Having said all that I want them to take Conley. Trade the 11, or take the guy who falls because somebody good will fall. But, Conley should be our pick. If we have to draft somebody else Horford is the only other option.

• Premium Member

Horford, Wright and Conley either equalled or mildly surpassed (Horford) expectations from the front office. Still getting a strong Horford/Wright feeling for #3 pick if we stay there and Critt at #11 if we stay there. Law did help himself with his numbers for those curious.

I bring this up here because joke or not to some Brandon Wright is most definitely high up on the list for the third pick if we stay there.

Edit: above information garnered from email from source this morning in response to my questioning said source over the predraft measurements.

what are the chances we pick COnley, like less than 20%. So stop hoping at look at it realistically. your all over the boys ****, I bet you become a big fan of whatever team draft him just for that reason. Anyways scouts are saying chances are he'll never be a good shooter, and what do we need right now, a good shooting PG.

Im not 100% sold on Wright either but if he is a joke then Mike Conley is a BAD JOKE. Conley is a Jerry SeinFOLD, Rosanne Barr, Louie Anderson, whatever that guys name is with the hammer and watermelon kind of JOKE. Do you need a fatburger to understand that one Texas Pete.

• Moderators

Quote:

Im not 100% sold on Wright either but if he is a joke then Mike Conley is a BAD JOKE. Conley is a Jerry SeinFOLD, Rosanne Barr, Louie Anderson, whatever that guys name is with the hammer and watermelon kind of JOKE. Do you need a fatburger to understand that one Texas Pete.

You hate clearly Buckeyes so it is hard to take these kinds of comment as being objective after you spent considerable time comparing Oden to Adonyl Foyle and Erick Dampier.