• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hoford & Conley ay #3 / no one else to consider ?

coachx

Well, after the measurments I think Wright should have lost any support that he is deserving of a #3 pick.

Yi is too scared to partipate in anything and he has the most question of any one. Yi seems to be snob in that he only wants to play for the Bulls or Golden State. I don't want to have to worry about the politics of the communist China when investing is a #3 pick.

Conley and Hoford seem tthe only legit candidates at #3 which fill our needs.

Some will bash Hoford saying he can't play center.

1. Well, who plays center now for the Hawks ?

ZaZa

2. You think Za Za's standing reach is any higher then Hoford's ?

I seriously doubt it.

3. You think Za Za jumps as high or is as strong as Hoford ? No way.

4. You think ZaZa has the post moves Hoford has ?

Obviously no !

Hoford is a huge up grade at our center position over what ZaZa gives us. Hoford is strong enough to postion defend the opposing team best post option and let Smith come over to block on help defense. He also runs the floor like a gazelle. A lot of centers would havetheir hands full keeping up with Hoford physically.

Conley only proved why he has so much potential at PG. His decision making is exception and his vertical and arm length are off the charts for a 6'1'' PG.

Can a rational arguement be made for any other player being a Hawk at #3 ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Conley only proved why he has so much potential at PG. His decision making is exception and his vertical and arm length are off the charts for a 6'1'' PG.

Can a rational arguement be made for any other player being a Hawk at #3 ?

you forgot to put that he can't shoot. this one is easily Horford.

Horford has 1/2" higher reach than Noah. He is strong enough to take the centers right now. Too fast for the centers to handle him.

We already knew that Conley was a physical wonder. What the measurements showed was that AC Law is much more athletic than he got credit for. We already knew that AC has all the tools. The only question was about his athletic ability. He showed that he is in the ballpark. I will take AC over Conley right now.

Quote:

Horford has 1/2" higher reach than Noah. He is strong enough to take the centers right now. Too fast for the centers to handle him.

We already knew that Conley was a physical wonder. What the measurements showed was that AC Law is much more athletic than he got credit for. We already knew that AC has all the tools. The only question was about his athletic ability. He showed that he is in the ballpark. I will take AC over Conley right now.

Rational view point on Law / Conley.

I hope one of them is there at #11.

Who is your #3 pick Jerry ? Hoford, Law, or Yi ?

Quote:

Quote:

Rational view point on Law / Conley.

I hope one of them is there at #11.

Who is your #3 pick Jerry ? Hoford, Law, or Yi ?

I won't take a PG at 3 now. I'll wait for Law or Conley to fall to 11. I wish I knew more about Yi. I am sure BK does. At this time I am 50-50 on Hoford and Yi.

Horford struggled trying to defend centers in college so he really has no chance in the pros. Just because he can defend centers better than Zaza is irrelevant because Zaza couldn't guard a safe.

My plan hasn't changed. Draft Conley at 3 and then use the 11th pick in a trade to get a real (not undersized) center.

Quote:

Horford struggled trying to defend centers in college so he really has no chance in the pros. Just because he can defend centers better than Zaza is irrelevant because Zaza couldn't guard a safe.

My plan hasn't changed. Draft Conley at 3 and then use the 11th pick in a trade to get a real (not undersized) center.

But that may be because he hadn't tried on a pair of those Spencer Hawes shoes...get him a pair of those and he's 6'11 and a 1/2 thumb3d.gif

Quote:

The only guy I ever saw Hoford have his hands full with is Oden.

It would be good research to see what if any other centers put up good games vs. Hoford other then Oden.

TO me is very relevant to compare some one who could be our starting center vs. our current starting center.

Hoford would be the best post player on our team at the age of 21.

What veteran post player could we get better then Hoford in a trade for #11/fillers ?

If we can get Conley at #3 and a guy betterthen Hoford out of #11/fillers I would love it !

Quote:

Quote:

The only guy I ever saw Hoford have his hands full with is Oden.

It would be good research to see what if any other centers put up good games vs. Hoford other then Oden.

TO me is very relevant to compare some one who could be our starting center vs. our current starting center.

Hoford would be the best post player on our team at the age of 21.

What veteran post player could we get better then Hoford in a trade for #11/fillers ?

If we can get Conley at #3 and a guy betterthen Hoford out of #11/fillers I would love it !

Horfords college numbers are weak compared to Shelden's and we saw what happened to Shelden.

There are plenty of full sized centers who should be available, Seatle has 3, Prz, Haywood, Daly could probably be had. I have listed them a few times already.

Bottom line is that Horford isn't a center. He is basically the same size as Smith without the crazy vertical.

Horford had to share the scoring load with 4 other talented player, 3 that are gonna be lottery picks. Shelden was the primary post player for Duke, and he had Reddick streching the offense with his outside shooting. Another things is , Horford's more skilled in just about every aspect except for strength.

Quote:

Horford had to share the scoring load with 4 other talented player, 3 that are gonna be lottery picks. Shelden was the primary post player for Duke, and he had Reddick streching the offense with his outside shooting. Another things is , Horford's more skilled in just about every aspect except for strength.

Shelden blocked almost twice as many shots per game as Horford and won two college DPOY's.

Who would you rather add to this team, Tony Parker or Chris Wilcox?

We have 15 forwards on the roster and no one to get our slashers and shooters the ball at the right time. He doesn't have to shoot. He has to penetrate and hit floaters, get Smith/Chill/Marvin the ball as they slash, and get JJ/Marvin/whoever open shots as a result of his drives. A good PG improves the whole team. Adding another forward to a team full of forwards does very little.

I still prefer Noah over Horford. Much more agile and greater leaping ability. Not as strong, but stronger than people thought and that will only improve with time. Better rebounder and shot blocker, which is what we need.

No, Noah can't guard Shaq. Neither can the other 400+ players in the NBA.

Noah at #3, Crittendon at #11.

Quote:

Wilcox is a pure athlete, Horford is a post player bad comparison! We need post scorers, and Horford brings that, we can get a PG at 11, but what we can't get is a post player as good as Horford.

Name a player that resembles Horford more than Wilcox. Wilcox likes to float on the perimeter also, but when he's in the post his game is very similar to Horford's. Let's not act like Horford is Tim Duncan. His game is based on his athleticism, just like Wilcox.