• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is getting Ridiculous

Nicholasp27

First of all, Conley is a GREAT prospect

but so are Law and Critt

some of u guys waaaayyyyy overestimate the gap between the 3 prospects

a) u think the gap is greater than the gap between horford/wright/yi and whomever is left at 11

b) u think the gap is worth giving up MARVIN over !?!?!?!?!?

c) one of ur plans is to 'trade #11/filler for a big man'...so u think gap is bigger than the the gap in big men that teams will trade for #11 vs trade for #3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

First of all, Conley is a GREAT prospect

but so are Law and Critt

some of u guys waaaayyyyy overestimate the gap between the 3 prospects

a) u think the gap is greater than the gap between horford/wright/yi and whomever is left at 11

b) u think the gap is worth giving up MARVIN over !?!?!?!?!?

c) one of ur plans is to 'trade #11/filler for a big man'...so u think gap is bigger than the the gap in big men that teams will trade for #11 vs trade for #3

Crit is a distant third. He is by far the slowest of the 3 pgs, the worst decision maker and is only marginally bigger than Law.

We can only fill one hole through the draft so take the highest rated pg and move on.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Crit is a distant third. He is by far the slowest of the 3 pgs, the worst decision maker and is only marginally bigger than Law.

You're putting WAY too much credence into the measurements, Critt is still going to be a good player IMO. Besides, a 38 inch vertical is still impressive, and his bench press was very impressive as well (especially for a freshman), even though it was slightly worse than Conley's. Top end speed is not the FINAL measure of if a PG will be successful or not, especially when the PG is 6'5. If you beat someone with a move, they aren't getting back, the extra .1 seconds in a 3/4 sprint doesn't let them get back after getting beat off the dribble. Not to mention, whatever he loses with speed, he makes up for in size.

Quote:

We can only fill one hole through the draft so take the highest rated pg and move on.

I agree with this, but Billy Knight is a [censored] idiot.

Quote:

I agree with this, but Billy Knight is a [censored] idiot.

You are right about Knight. He will take someone that will totally blow this board away. I would bet money on his track record...But as long as he gets us a PG, I will at least be somewhat satisfied.

Quote:

Top end speed is not the FINAL measure of if a PG

No but when people are looking to draft you based on your size and athleticism (upside) and both come up short your stock takes a hit. The only pg drafted in the first round that i can recall who was slower was Marcus Williams and he fell to the 20s.

Even JJ Redick timed faster than Crit. And now that the hand check is a foul it puts a premium on speed. How is he going to guard the quick pgs in the league?

Quote:

whatever he loses with speed, he makes up for in size.

He has only 1" on Law ( with the same standing reach) and 3.25" on Conley. not impressed.

The reason people were looking to draft him in spite of his turnovers and poor decisions is because his size and athleticism were supposed to be so impressive. They aren't.

I don't think we will be getting a big man with either the 3rd or 11th pick via a trade. There simply aren't many good ones in the league. When Zaza Pachulia is one of the best 10 centers in the NBA, there is an extreme lack of talent at that position.

The best centers in the NBA outside of Yao Ming and a declining Shaq are the 6'10" Dwight Howard, 6'10" Amare Stoudemire, and the 6'10" Chris Bosh.

The only centers whose names will be floated on the trading blocks this offseason will be guys you simply don't trade a lottery pick for. Guys like Brendan Haywood, Johan Petro, Nazr Mohammed......etc.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Crit is a distant third. He is by far the slowest of the 3 pgs

...Can make the claim that Critt is "by far" slower than Conley when he is FASTER than Conley in the lane agility test. pillepalle.gif

W

Quote:

The best centers in the NBA outside of Yao Ming and a declining Shaq are the 6'10" Dwight Howard, 6'10" Amare Stoudemire, and the 6'10" Chris Bosh.

Which is why I do not beleive BK will take Conley. He can get a 6' 10" or taller guy at 3 and hope he can play center.

Then either trade 11 for Jack or draft Law or Critt. That is the best he can do and we should feel lucky this draft is deep enough that we have options like that.

Only way BK messes this up is if he goes with a SF/PF 6'9" or shorter player. His standard MO...

I know the Center postions is not as strong as it used to be.But it's not weak enough that Zaza is in the top 10 lol

Here's about 20 guys that are better than Zaza.

((not in any kind of order))

AMARE

YAO

Shaq

Howard

Wallace

Okur

Curry

camby

Oden smile.gif

Dalendert

Biendres

Morning

Big Z

Brad Miller

Mags

Kaman

Nenad Krstic

J-Oneal

Okafor

Bosh

Chandler

• Premium Member

Quote:

No but when people are looking to draft you based on your size and athleticism (upside) and both come up short your stock takes a hit. The only pg drafted in the first round that i can recall who was slower was Marcus Williams and he fell to the 20s.

Just curious, what was Deron Williams 3/4 time? You still don't understand, that extra .1 or .2 doesn't even matter when you beat someone off the dribble or have a 3 on 2 or 2 on 1 situation. Not only that, he will still have a size advantage over almost every PG in the NBA. Being 6'5, he's not going to be the fastest PG. I bet you didn't expect him to be quicker (agility test) than Conley either did you? Despite his turnovers, he still notched 14 and 6 in his freshman year, which was very impressive.

Quote:

He has only 1" on Law ( with the same standing reach) and 3.25" on Conley. not impressed.

What does this even matter? He's still a 6'5 PG with a 38" vertical, great ball handling, and great court vision. He also possesses great scoring ability when he wants to. I honestly don't see how his size is any different than it was originally thought.

Quote:

Quote:

Crit is a distant third. He is by far the slowest of the 3 pgs

...Can make the claim that Critt is "by far" slower than Conley when he is FASTER than Conley in the lane agility test. pillepalle.gif

W

Simien and May were faster than Paul in the lane agility tests.

That 7'3" Russian Marty Andricawatervis who people thought would go in the top 5 (and fell to the second round) timed faster than Jeff Green in the lane agility tests.

So by your logic May and Simien are faster than Paul and Marty A is faster than Jeff Green.

You really believe that?

pillepalle.gif

Quote:

He's still a 6'5 PG

Then Law is 6'4" and Conley is 6'2". Aren't elevator shoes cool?

Quote:

I bet you didn't expect him to be quicker (agility test) than Conley either did you?

No but i did expect him to be faster than JJ Redick and Greg Oden.

u do realize that was simply a SPRINT number?

it is not a 'speed while dribbling the ball' test...

i may be able to outsprint critt, but he'd blow me away if we had to dribble while sprinting...

critt may be faster down the court when handling the ball, or he may not...but he did win the lane agility test and 1/10th of a second in a 3/4 court sprint does not matter at the end of the day...maybe he started 1/10th of a second after they said 'go' while conley got a perfect start?

3/4 sprint speed is not what determines how good a pg will be...what they do on court does...and BOTH have done well there...they are BOTH good prospects...i believe the gap is smaller than u think

it is DEFINITELY not a big enough gap to give up marvin over...that's just insanity

Quote:

and BOTH have done well there.

Yeah Crit really came up big in the against tough competition during the regular season. he was also huge in the postseason.

NOT

Quote:

it is DEFINITELY not a big enough gap to give up marvin over

We have a winner for "the comment from left field award".

WTF

• Premium Member

There is not much difference in the measurements and Speeds of the three top PGs. Therefore you have to look at Skillset and need.

We need a Shooter and an experienced PG. That's LAW.

If not Law, I would take Critt and wait on his potential to bear out.

But I would not bet on Conley at 3. That makes no sense.

Now, if Conley falls to 11 (and that's possible).. and the choice is Conley Critt... and Law has already been drafted, then I said get your quarter. I really like Critts potential, but I'm not married to potential. Conley's shooting makes me see Brevin Knight all over again.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Then Law is 6'4" and Conley is 6'2". Aren't elevator shoes cool?

Even if he's only 6'4" in shoes, he still has a size advantage over almost every PG in the NBA. This has NOTHING to do with Law or Conley.

Quote:

No but i did expect him to be faster than JJ Redick and Greg Oden.

So in other words, you agree with my other points, but you figured you'd just throw this out there? This is such a blind argument that it really proves nothing. Player's don't play completely fresh the entire game, and big guys get worn out MUCH quicker anyway. Oden proved much faster than anyone perceived when he was on the floor. Not only that, but player's prove faster than they are "thought as" every year. I bet you didn't expect Jason Smith to have a 37.5 inch vert did you?

Again, what was Deron's 3/4 time? Nash? Kidd? Baron? Hinrich? I'm sure there are more, but I guarantee Critt is just as fast as most of those guys, and he has the size that they do as well. All I know, is that you're putting WAY too much emphasis on predraft measurements, they prove nothing of a player's actual skills.

Quote:

Again, what was Deron's 3/4 time?

3.25. I have no idea what anyones times were before 2004.

Quote:

you're putting WAY too much emphasis on predraft measurements, they prove nothing of a player's actual skills.

They aren't SUPPOSED to measure skills. They measure athleticism. And one of the reasons people talked about drafting Crit was his perceived athleticism. When he times slower than every pg over the last few years except Marcus Williams then obviously the perception is off base.