• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Petition ASG for Yi at 3

Rexhawk

It is obvious that ownership comes to this board to view the opinions of hawks fans. We need to stand up and let ownership know that we support Yi at 3. There is not going to be a trade that will bring us more value. No one is trading Dwight Howard, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kobe, KJ, etc.

Billy has taken the entire organization to see Yi and according to Sothorn he is seeking support from all levels.

If some one knows how to start an electronic petition, then lets get it going to show ASG that we are all for Yi at 3.

I bet many of them do and I bet they trip out on how we flip flop every day.

The 3rd pick is such a hard one for this roster. You would think having 2 picks would make it easier. It actually make it alot more complicated b/c the possibilities seem endless and we have no way of knowing what trade rumors are legit.

An off season like this is alot more fun then watching a 24 to 32 win season, that is for sure ! This is the off season that will make or break the franchise. This is especially true with no 1st rounder next year.

I am not quite ready to sign any petition but 3 days ago I was a Yi hater. Mainly b/c of the own unknown and the rumors he may not want to be in the ATL.

Now that we have their blessing to take Yi I am definatly warming up to him

3 days ago I was Hoford and Conley at #3 or bust.

Now I am Yi, Hoford, Conley at #3 or bust.

• Premium Member

I just want to repeat that Yi, Wright, Horford and Conley as a dark horse are the leading candidates at #3 *if* we don't make a trade. Knight did in fact bring them to build a consensus if he takes Yi but that is not a guarantee he's going to pick him. There will not be a repeat of last year. I do think if we keep the pick Yi is the leading candidate to be picked.

You keep mentioning a possible trade but I need help with figuring out what Vet would bring us 3rd pick value in this draft. People say Aldridge but billy was not high on him last year. I just want someone to give me a name that is more valuable than the 3rd pick.

Sothron since it seems you think we might be trading the #3 pick, who could we possibly trade for? We can't take on a contract more than 4yrs right? We have no players on the roster that make any money that teams would want to match salaries. A trade in my opinion seems very unlikely considering all the restraints with what BK can do and can't do.

• Premium Member

Gasol, Jermaine O'Neal, Aldridge, Randolph are all possible. How likely is another question. I am repeating what was conveyed to me but they would rather have a youngish veteran big man than taking a chance at #3 unless one of these guys proves to be a can't miss prospect at #3.

But who would Memphis or whoever want back in a trade? What could we offer other than the picks that they would actually want to match salary? We would have to trade the farm! I don't think any team would want Speedy period. He is the next highest salary on the roster at only 6mil. or so. JO is making like 17mil next year.

• Premium Member

I guess you're going to be that one mad guy on draft night...

What's BK supposed to do... Pass up the best talent in the draft to take Hawes?

There is a time to go for position and a time to go after talent, this is talent time.

Quote:

I guess you're going to be that one mad guy on draft night...

What's BK supposed to do... Pass up the best talent in the draft to take Hawes?

There is a time to go for position and a time to go after talent, this is talent time.

Ever heard of Greg Oden or Kevin Durant?

And yes, when we used the #6 pick in the 2004 draft and the #2 pick in the 2005 draft on small forwards, I would rather not take ANOTHER ONE.

Not to mention at PF we already have a 21 year old that averaged 16.5 points, 8.5 reb's, and 3 bpg...Not to mention we used the #5 pick last year on ANOTHER PF.

DOES PF OR SF LOOK LIKE A NEED TO YOU???

I don't want Hawes at 3...I want to TRADE for a C...Worst case scenario take Conley at 3 and then the best big man possible at 11.

That would be MILES better than taking Yi.

Taking Yi is the biggest waste of a pick I can imagine.

yi can easily play along smoove as our two big men. dont say he cant play it because he could play center better than zaza and people on here were suggesting that smoove could play center for us if he pushed the ball up and down the court. the only minutes yi will proboably be taking is zazas and some of sheldens. childress' may be affected some but not too much. Yi will not take the play of josh smith or marvin.

Quote:

yi can easily play along smoove as our two big men. dont say he cant play it because he could play center better than zaza and people on here were suggesting that smoove could play center for us if he pushed the ball up and down the court. the only minutes yi will proboably be taking is zazas and some of sheldens. childress' may be affected some but not too much. Yi will not take the play of josh smith or marvin.

Exactly. And to say he's the biggest waste of a pick is ridiculous.

He's the 3rd most talented player in the draft.

You don't think he would start over Pachulia? Please.