• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Petition ASG for Yi at 3

Rexhawk

Quote:

Tony kukoc had no lost post moves and was basically a spot up shooter if my memory serves me correctly. Yi for one is more athletic, has low post moves along with a turn around jumper. Maybe stronger too.

ALL the scouting reports I've read (espn.com, nbadraftexpress, nbadraft.net) have mentioned that Yi gets PUSHED AROUND in the post and his post game offensively is very unrefined.

The guy is a small forward who can MAYBE play PF (there are doubts because of his strength)...NO WAY he can play center.

You can't just put anyone at center because they are 7 feet, that's absurd...They have to have the skills relative to that position.

Some people just live in this crazy fantasy world where you can put any player at any position.

Quote:

Tony kukoc had no lost post moves and was basically a spot up shooter if my memory serves me correctly. Yi for one is more athletic, has low post moves along with a turn around jumper. Maybe stronger too.

We never had the pleasure of seeing Toni in his prime.

Quote:

That's like saying Toni Kukoc would start over Pachulia...Is he a better basketball player? Yes. Is he a better CENTER?? Probably not.

You can't just take anyone and put them in at Center...It doesn't work that way.

How can he possibly play any worse D than Pachulia?

At least it looks like Yi is a solid weakside shotblocker.

Quote:

Quote:

That's like saying Toni Kukoc would start over Pachulia...Is he a better basketball player? Yes. Is he a better CENTER?? Probably not.

You can't just take anyone and put them in at Center...It doesn't work that way.

How can he possibly play any worse D than Pachulia?

At least it looks like Yi is a solid weakside shotblocker.

How is it possible?

Because when you play someone out of position, they do not play as well as they should.

Zaza is an awful defender. Yi would be much worse.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I guess you're going to be that one mad guy on draft night...

What's BK supposed to do... Pass up the best talent in the draft to take Hawes?

There is a time to go for position and a time to go after talent, this is talent time.

Yep and I think we should take Horford or Noah at 3.