• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Woody Coach Yi??

Wurider05

According to the ASG....

Woody made JJ an allstar, and gets credit for Js & Mw's improvement.

I'm sure Woody can coach YI

Look at how well he has done with other international players, like Diaw and Batista . duck.gif

I think it's hard to judge Woody definitively at the moment. Does anyone think that under the circumstances Woody had last season that any coach in the NBA could have do much more with that team?

Honestly, if the players suck, BK sucks, Woody sucks, and the circumstances have sucked...I don't think this team would have even won 32 games last season being the youngest team in the league.

Now, if the Hawks were loaded with veteran talent and went .500, that'd be a much better indicator that Woody needed to go.

I don't believe Woodson is good with player development. The player who has made the biggest jump is Josh Smith, and I personally believe that can be attributed more to his internal drive and Jay Bilas's draft day comments than Woodson. Marvin and Childress haven't developed quite as quickly as they could have with someone else at the helm. It would be nice to see the team healthy for the majority of the season though, to find out for sure.

Josh Smith has developed quite well, so I expect the hawks coaching staff to do the same with a player in this draft, unless its a guy who is a complete project like wright, or maybe even conley. That could take a couple years. They should have yi playing good by early January if we draft him.

Quote:

I don't believe Woodson is good with player development.

You nailed it right on the head right there. Woody is too old school and I think that he would work wonders with a veteran squad. He got this job based on what he did with the Pistons but they had a team full of veterans except Tayshuan Prince. Larry Brown has never done well in the pros with young guys.

Quote:

Marvin only improved his scoring output by around 5 points per game this season. How is it that he didn't make any improvements?

Mike has done fine in the player development department.

Seriously, and look at the development of Smoove.

That's one area where I don't hate on Woody.

It's not developing Yi that we have to worry about.

It's making the right decision and picking him over something terrible like a PG at 3 or Spencer Hawes.