• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's our record next year if we do this...

DavidSomerset

I really don't understand this love affair with Ridnour. He plays no defense, and was benched by the Sonics last year for poor decision making. So if the Sonics benched him for 15 games in favor of Earl Watson, why the hell is he worth the 11th pick in the draft???

Quote:

Ridnour is exactly the type of distributor that could give this offense some energy!

I don't think Jack is anywhere near him in that department.

I would love Ridenour as a back-up but I do not think he is starting material. That said, he is light years better then what the Hawks currently have.

The Hawks desperately need defense and passing skills from their point guard. That is why I think Conley is a near perfect fit (not as perfect as Paul or Deron, but what can you do).

Quote:

Quote:

Ridnour is exactly the type of distributor that could give this offense some energy!

I would love Ridenour as a back-up but I do not think he is starting material. That said, he is light years better then what the Hawks currently have.

The Hawks desperately need defense and passing skills from their point guard. That is why I think Conley is a near perfect fit (not as perfect as Paul or Deron, but what can you do).

Ridnour is certainly a cut above him in terms of passing ability and Ridnour is also an exceptional shooter.

Hopefully Woody could really get on to him about playing D...He is a special PG on the offensive end.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ridnour is certainly a cut above him in terms of passing ability and Ridnour is also an exceptional shooter.

If the Hawks had a decent point guard who could get the ball to its wing players in a position where they can score then the need for a great shooter at the point is considerably reduced, particularly if that point guard can get points driving the lane.

The Hawks need to get away from living and dying by outside shooting. They need to start getting points in the paint. Drive and dish with the athletes the Hawks have seems to make alot of sense to me.

Hopefully Woody could really get on to him about playing D...He is a special PG on the offensive end.

Ridnour must be a special point guard that got his butt benched in Seattle then.

Opposing point guards would lite Atlanta up on a nightly basis, so whatever we would gain offensively would be offset by the poor defense.

I'd much rather have Jarrett Jack, who can defend the position.

Quote:

...Ridnour is certainly a cut above him in terms of passing ability and Ridnour is also an exceptional shooter.

It seems like Ridnour is the offensive PG in this discussion and Jack the one who can play D. But lets think about what our team really needs. I think we need the increased production offensively and the ability to get the team out and running more than we need the better defense at the PG position. That's not to diminish the importance of a defensive PG - but lets remember that we have Josh Smith blocking shots inside like they are going out of style. Opposing PGs are less likely to challenge him at the rim.

Personally I really like JJack - but I think having Ridnour and the ability to get our young guys out and running would be more important (and more entertaining).