• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Remember another PG we passed on

Admin

Just for curiosities sake, where would we be today had we taken Jameer Nelson instead of Smoove? I know he isn't a great PG but he is better than anyone we have or anyone in this draft. I love Smoove but we would have our PG problem solved and Marvin would be the starting SF, maximizing his value. Of course instead of being ridiculed for passing on PG X we would be ridiculed for passing on the local boy turned star playing for someone else. Thoughts?

Quote:

Just for curiosities sake, where would we be today had we taken Jameer Nelson instead of Smoove? I know he isn't a great PG but he is better than anyone we have or anyone in this draft. I love Smoove but we would have our PG problem solved and Marvin would be the starting SF, maximizing his value. Of course instead of being ridiculed for passing on PG X we would be ridiculed for passing on the local boy turned star playing for someone else. Thoughts?

Are you kidding me?

I watch a ton of Magic games and Jameer Nelson is TERRIBLE.

Well maybe not that terrible but to even say that we could have had him over Smoove is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Sure you could say Deng over Childress, Paul over Marvin, or Roy over Shelden.

But Jameer F'n Nelson over Josh Smith?

Wow just wow.

You're talking about a guy who had Dwight Howard and had less APG than TYRONN LUE

Quote:

Sorry Dolfan...but the dirty little secret we keep around here at HS is that Mavin is a BUST...and our GM doesn't want to admit it so he will keep trying to get him better for his own Ego.

Some folks talk about trading him - IMO - F-Him...the guy isn't into his proffession - F-Him. parrot.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry Dolfan...but the dirty little secret we keep around here at HS is that Mavin is a BUST...and our GM doesn't want to admit it so he will keep trying to get him better for his own Ego.

Some folks talk about trading him - IMO - F-Him...the guy isn't into his proffession - F-Him. parrot.gif

yikes.gif

• Premium Member

This guy hasn't solved the PG problems for anyone, Magic fans constantly criticize him for his lack of development. He only averaged 3.3 assists in the playoffs in 32 minutes per game. He's basically a 5'11" SG. The sad thing is, he got significantly WORSE this season than he was last season.

This year he played MORE minutes and scored less ppg, less assists, less steals, and shot 5% worse from the field (43% FG). We don't need anything to do with this guy.

I'd rather have the 21 year old who is already better and is constantly PROgressing, rather than a 25 year old PG/SG undersized tweener who is REgressing.