• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Amare Stoudemire

jezmund

There seems to be a little rumor chatter that this guy is indeed available. 2 questions:

For those that saw him a good bit this season, does he seem to still show similar strength and athletcism following his knee surgery?

What realisticly would it take to bring him here? He's a better C prospect than Wright, Yi, Horford or Noah IMO.

I'm assuming the deal would revolve around the #3, I'm just not sure how much more value I'd be willing to add.

#3 / Claxton / Pachulia / Salim ? That's probably not enough but I'm not willing to send Childress over there and let him BLOW up in that Phoenix system. Maybe we should just stay away from Amare.

IF we did it though and got one of Crit / Law / Jack with #11. Moved Lue for a 2nd (now or future).

Jack / AJ

Johnson / Childress

Marvin / Childress

Smith / Jones

Amare / Shelden / Wright

We would need another vet wing and a vet big and I think we'd have something to deal with.

Quote:

Trading Amare to the hawks would ruin thier chances to get a lotto pick from us next year.

The suns flat out sold the pick they got from us last year, just didn't want another pick. They would be getting at least one very high pick from us this year. They aren't going to be overly concerned with where our pick lands.

There's a big diffrence between a high lotto pick and the #21 pick they sold last year.

Oh ,and do you remember which team they refused to sell that pick to?

The Hawks

Why? because they don't want us to improve, so they can get a lottery pick from us .If we're bad enough, they could get the #1 pick in the draftin 08.If they don't want the pick ,the can trade it for good a good player.

Believe me, the Suns will not do anything, they may help the hawks improve.

Marion or Diaw will be traded before Amare.If not, Steve Kerr needs to be fired already.

In a deal where you're not getting cash back, it doesn't matter who you get it from so it was in their interest not to sell to us. In a deal where you're trading one of your star players, the quantity and quality of players / high picks that you're getting is more important than the impact of one future pick. Of course they'll factor in the impact on the pick in their decision, but it's not an automatic deal breaker. If they really do want to cut Amare for money reasons and we have the best deal, they will take it even if it worsens our pick next year.